Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Capitals acquire Taylor Stefishen from Nashville for conditional draft pick

ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have acquired left wing Taylor Stefishen from the Nashville Predators in exchange for a conditional draft pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today.

Stefishen, 20, spent last season with the Prince George Cougars of the Western Hockey League (WHL). The 6’, 185-pound left wing finished second on the team with 67 points (24 goals, 43 assists) and 72 penalty minutes in 68 regular season games and added four points (two goals, two assists) in four playoff games.

The North Vancouver, British Columbia native transferred to Prince George after spending two seasons in the NCAA with Ohio State University, recording 21 points (eight goals, 13 assists) in 42 collegiate games.

During the 2006-07 and 2007-08 seasons, he tallied 137 points (58 goals, 79 assists) and 144 penalty minutes in 116 games for the Langley Chiefs of the British Columbia Hockey League (BCHL).

Stefishen was a fifth-round draft pick (136th overall) of the Predators in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft. He is scheduled to attend the Capitals’ rookie camp in July.
    washingtoncaps.com

vCash
    I think at best, he could be a 3rd line scorer.. But he's gonna have to work on his defensive game

vCash
    I'm waiting for the cries that GMGM doesn't know what he is doing and can't build a contenter and this move is why we won't make the playoffs ever again

vCash
    I have no complaints about this one. Just adds bodies and depth with potential to develop.

vCash
    Maybe mcphee is getting his minor league moves out of the way and then he will have time to add some impact players. Maybe Mcphee's plan is ok we improved this season, we are on the right track lets add to it. And if they lose like the season before last season he says ok its time to restart.

vCash
    See ya Laich.

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

vCash
    Well GMGM knows he needs to get our salary cap number way down

vCash
    I won't be a happy camper if Brooks is gone. That's my polite way of saying it.

vCash
    Tell us how you really feel!

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United