Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Practitioner View Post
    I took up drumming around 9 months ago, and at this point I am learning to play in different time signatures. I've been playing to many Soundgarden and A PerfectCircle tracks because they play in 6/4 (Judith), 7/8 (outshined) and 9/8 (black rain) time.

I have a hard time connecting sections with fills, so I have been trying to get better at counting as it isn't second hand yet

You need to feel odd times, not count them. It will not sound organic any other way. Counting is so you can first hear it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thefeckcampaign View Post
    You need to feel odd times, not count them. It will not sound organic any other way. Counting is so you can first hear it.
    I agree, thanks. I find I can do that fine if I'm staying on the snare, but I get ahead of myself if im throwing in a bunch of toms and cymbals and I miss my lead-in by a single hit or a beat. I know I have to slow down, but i like the sound of faster... >>NEWBIE<<

4/4 is nothin, its literally these other ones, and that is my project right meow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Practitioner View Post
    I agree, thanks. I find I can do that fine if I'm staying on the snare, but I get ahead of myself if im throwing in a bunch of toms and cymbals and I miss my lead-in by a single hit or a beat. I know I have to slow down, but i like the sound of faster... >>NEWBIE<<

4/4 is nothin, its literally these other ones, and that is my project right meow
    Perhaps t would help you to sing the riff you are trying to play to.

I know it may seem exciting to do these odd and fast parts, but believe me, you will benefit more by simplifying your parts and finding a pocket. Though AC/DC may seem easy, to play it right, it is not.

vCash
    I am working on my own independent mixtape/album called "Welcome to Rhyda County"

It will be solid

vCash
    This a session on the drums I did with Garrett from Texas if the Reason & his friend Acacia Marie Fusco.

http://soundcloud.com/zenaroad/holy-mind

vCash
    Any jazz fans in here? I've been playing sax for 12 years, currently studying music education in college. Been doing some transcriptions, currently looking at some Branford Marsalis, specifically him and Wynton doing "Cain and Abel" off of "The Beautyful Ones are Not Yet Born." I haven't seen any jazz threads here, just wanted to see if anyone was into the scene.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carljam1 View Post
    Any jazz fans in here? I've been playing sax for 12 years, currently studying music education in college. Been doing some transcriptions, currently looking at some Branford Marsalis, specifically him and Wynton doing "Cain and Abel" off of "The Beautyful Ones are Not Yet Born." I haven't seen any jazz threads here, just wanted to see if anyone was into the scene.
    Mostly old material like Sonny Rollins, Art Blakey, Monk, Miles, Coltrane, Lee Morgan, Elvin Jones and as far as new goes, I love Susie Ibarra.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carljam1 View Post
    I use to listen to a lot of smooth Jazz when there was a station in NY. CD 101.9 was the station but its rock now. Artist like Dave Koz, Najee, Kenny G, Keiko matsui etc were a big part of my childhood.

Im 21 now so Im starting to get into classic Jazz and I Love it, but still miss my smooth jazz, I listen to it on Music Choice now though so thats not so bad.
    Video of Carmelo Anthony first time in the Barclays center http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZIIQmQ2qRA

Quote Originally Posted by oballers View Post
    the only statistic I will care about is how many W's we have and how much fun it was watching us get those Ws.

If you don't understand what I mean see the formula below:

((Amount of Joy)* Playoff Wins * # of Championships/ Number of times cheered) * # of beers drunk / % of trash talking

vCash

Musical Projects: What Are You Working On?

Speaking of jazz, did you all hear David Ware died last night? I feel so lucky to have seen him live.

vCash

vCash
    I am a rapper. Just made my friend a Birthday song, first song in years.

vCash

vCash
    With my band Palomar on hiatus, I'm doing a short DIY run with the Better Letters starting later this month. Stop by if you happen to live near any of these towns.

03/13/13: Union Hall, Brooklyn, NY w/ We Can't Enjoy Ourselves and The Eggs
    03/12/13: Sidebar Tavern, Baltimore, MD w/ Noble Animals and Mothersday
    03/11/13: Velvet Lounge, Washington DC, w/ The Rumble
    03/10/13: The Box, Charlottesville, VA
    03/09/13: The Republic, Richmond, VA w/ Mothball Fleet
    03/07/13: Broadstreet Cafe, Durham, NC w/ Gabe Smiley/Lonely Lanova and Runaway Hotdog
    03/06/13: The Sparrow, Charleston, SC w/ Hark! The Marching Bones, and Magic Camp
    03/03/13: Hendershot Cafe, Athens, GA
    03/01/13: The Drunken Unicorn, Atlanta, GA, w/ Noel Stephen and The Darlings, and TV Dinners
    02/28/13: Longbranch Saloon, Knoxville, TN, w/ Stolen Sheep, and Every Man A King
    02/26/13: Mushmaus, St. Louis, MO, w/ Voodoo Planet
    02/25/13: Minneapolis, MN, w/ Real Numbers and Wild Cathedral
    02/22/13: Rigby Pub, Madison, WI, w/ Sexy Ester and Beefus
    02/21/13: Up and Under Pub, Milwaukee, WI, w/ The Living Statues and The Midwestern Charm
    02/20/13: Township, Chicago, IL, with Big Damnit

vCash
    I spent some of my tax return on new gear, and I'm hoping to start recording stuff as soon as next week.

vCash
    I'm going to be starting on my new Mixtape Stop, Pause, & Play.. I've been working on it for about 4-5 months with writing and collaborating with Producers but now I'll start recording in my studio. Hopefully drop it before the summer.

Man Of Steel

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast