Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Started rapping a little bit, it's actually really enjoyable and something to do when I'm extremely bored. I'd like to post a verse, but I don't know if everyone would be interested in reading it. I don't really know any programs to record, did some ****** phone recordings before that people thought were nice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    Started rapping a little bit, it's actually really enjoyable and something to do when I'm extremely bored. I'd like to post a verse, but I don't know if everyone would be interested in reading it. I don't really know any programs to record, did some ****** phone recordings before that people thought were nice.
    A decent cheap one if you have an iOS thing is freestyle for 2 bucks.
    post it so we can ridicule you
    Leave me alone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iodine View Post
    A decent cheap one if you have an iOS thing is freestyle for 2 bucks.
    post it so we can ridicule you
    Go for it, criticism is always welcomed.

eh
    Last edited by Westbrook36; 01-13-2012 at 12:06 AM.

vCash
    What program do you use? Or do use a MPC?

vCash
    Starting a mixtape. Still no mic, but I'm trying. No editing in these first two tracks, just vocal and instrumental, but whatever. lemme know what you think

What are the Chances? - http://kiwi6.com/file/s1l5o1ko0d

Lazy MCs (Intro) - http://kiwi6.com/file/9031i85785
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewredskin3 View Post
    At this point, Cousins gives us the best opportunity to win.
    30 minutes before RG3 goes down

Quote Originally Posted by matthewredskin3 View Post
    Let's just keep RG3 in the game. Can't move and risking furthur injury. Great call.
    One play before RG3 goes down

vCash
    My band Palomar's new album will be released 1/24. You can now stream it for free until our release date. http://palomartheband.com/

It was the 3rd highest add on college radio behind Guided By Voices and Nada Surf according to CMJ.

Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

vCash
    i still write, but don't have any materials to make a mixtape.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thefeckcampaign View Post
    My band Palomar's new album will be released 1/24. You can now stream it for free until our release date. http://palomartheband.com/

It was the 3rd highest add on college radio behind Guided By Voices and Nada Surf according to CMJ.

Enjoy!
    Wow, I actually really like your ****.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Wow, I actually really like your ****.
    Thanks a lot! This is our 5th album. You can check out snips of our others on Amazon and Itunes. Not sure where you are, we'll be touring various parts of the country through out the year.

It is now #32 on the CMJ charts.

vCash
    Not working for me, I think some plugin is effed on my end. I'm curious to hear your sound after "knowing" you on this board for a bunch of years.

I was also wondering to myself...why don't more bands use two bassists? You can make it work quite well as long as both are rock-solid players. It's been done on a few high-profile tracks/albums, but no "big-time" band has ever consistently used that approach.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbJBXi_nD0E

This is my dude Chris, I met him my first year of college. He died almost a year ago now (Cystic Fibrosis).

He was one of the illest dudes I have ever met, this kid, not even kidding knew more about Hip-hop than everyone else I know combined. Anyway he only started making beats probably a year or maybe 2 before he passed and was rediculously talented. I have no doubt he would have blown up eventually although he knew his time was short.

What do you guys think?

He also has a couple things on iStandard as well if you want to check out a few more things. He has a ton of stuff but most is sitting around on CD's.

RIP FAM!

vCash
    Been working on my vocab for freestyling, you guys should try it because it's incredibly entertaining.

-Can't handle Yawktoberfest bruh!-

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    Not working for me, I think some plugin is effed on my end. I'm curious to hear your sound after "knowing" you on this board for a bunch of years.

I was also wondering to myself...why don't more bands use two bassists? You can make it work quite well as long as both are rock-solid players. It's been done on a few high-profile tracks/albums, but no "big-time" band has ever consistently used that approach.
    Sorry it's not working for you. There are a couple sites that have done reviews that have some songs listed and it will be available on Itunes & the like on 1/24. Thanks for your interest.

Multiple bassist simply step on each other too much sonically. It is very difficult to get them to sit right in the mix. I was in a free improv noise band that at ties had 3 bassist and no guitar. It was original, I'll give it that much.

vCash
    I'm just bored with common time and melody and verse-chorus-verse. I want to get weird and see what happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    I'm just bored with common time and melody and verse-chorus-verse. I want to get weird and see what happens.
    I can understand that, hence the reason I play in my free jazz/noise duo. I still am always looking to be part the perfectly written song.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast