Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Wild claimed Nick Johnson off of waivers. I really liked him but its not a huge loss.

Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

It's Back!: Battling Bucs

vCash
    I thought there was about a 50/50 chance he got claimed. I was never to "wild" about him but he was avergae at least

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burgh_fan66 View Post
    I'm not a big Niskanen fan either nor am I particularly a fan of Lovejoy. As for the rest I like all of them but I think the 5 million per season for Martin is going to become an albatross. His play is good but with all the young defensemen in the system I think they would be best served trying to move him.
    As of now, I am okay with Martin making 5 million but that could change quickly. He worked well with Michalek last season and proved to be pretty good in the defensive zone but he needs to supply more to the power play to justify it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27 View Post
    As of now, I am okay with Martin making 5 million but that could change quickly. He worked well with Michalek last season and proved to be pretty good in the defensive zone but he needs to supply more to the power play to justify it
    For this season, it is absolutely not an issue. But for the next 3 seasons he is on the books and guys like Despres, Morrow, Strait, Bortuzzo, etc are going to need roster spots and would be much better financial fits for the Penguins. All I'm saying is that if the opportunity arises to move him and maybe get a good winger or prospect in return than the Pens need to strongly consider it.

vCash
    Very true, I see Despres making the team next season, it would baffle me if he didn't. Morrow looked pretty solid in the preseason and seemed to hold his own against other NHLers. Bortuzzo and Strait are definitely capable of coming up if an injury occurs and could make pushes of their own next season. If Shero feels confident in one of the mentioned guys, he should really look into what market there is for Martin

vCash
    Last preseason game today. I'll put up the first monthly game thread tonight. Hopefully we can generate some discussion in here.

vCash
    Crosby will start on IR along wit others. Jason Williams was sent down today:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11276/1179481-100.stm

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456