Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    im happy with the TK and Sullivan signings

vCash
    Today was one of the more depressing days Ive had in awhile. Lose 2 to the Flyers, Rupp leaves, overall very sad.

I'm glad we got Kennedy resigned. I think he could improve upon last years numbers but not by much I dont think. He definitely took a hometown discount, which I appreciate and he just went up in my books. Great 3rd line player, fringe 2nd line player.

Sullivan is good I guess. We needed a RW and while he has been hurt for awhile, he can still be solid and contribute here beside some great centers.

I discussed Jagr in the Jagr thread, I'm not going to waste more time on that bum.

Rupp left for the Rangers, so we will still be seeing plenty of him for the next few seasons. He was my 2nd favorite player on the team and I hate to see him go. Im not sure how the Pens offer compared but Im sure it was less, probably a lot less. He is getting older and wanted to cash in one last time. He said he will live here after he is done playing, which is always nice to hear. Its a shame there arent more guys like Mike Rupp. This is my official thank you Mike.

Now the one that shook me to the core, Talbot. I never, ever thought he would sign with the Flyers and on top of that, I didn't think they would want him. Ive said it before, he was far and away my favorite player and honestly thought he would resign and possibly retire here someday. I guess he wanted to secure some money before his next contract and this was the best way to do it. I dont blame him for not wanting to take less money (although performance says he should have) but it just seems so unlike him to then go and sign with the enemy. Regardless of being a Flyer, I will never boo him, he did a lot for the team and community and should still be loved for what he did while here. Talbot, come back after your contract expires and win another Cup here

vCash
    Lots of movement today. I'm quite happy with what they ended up with though. I really don't care about Jagr the Pens should have pulled the offer when the deadline passed. Rupp and Talbot I figured were goners but Talbot to the Flyers, ouch. Feels like treason.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    The Pens signed Boris Valabik today to 1 year, 2 way contract:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11184/1158062-100.stm

I like the signing, a huge defenseman who will throw his weight around but unfortunately, he can't really skate lol. He will most likely play in the AHL this season but it could be a sign of things to come... I doubt we move anyone (hopefully Niskanen) but he has played in the NHL so he wont be a huge detriment if he is called up

vCash
    pens resigned goalie theisen and sign d man alex picard

vCash
    Not much going on lately but some activity today. The Pens resigned Jeffrey and Godard is headed to Dallas.

vCash
    Can't say I'm too surprised. I was positive the Pens were going to resign Jeffrey, just a matter of when, and it was nearly a for sure that Godard was headed elsewhere

vCash
    Another minor move, Steve MacIntyre. MacIntyre was signed to a two way contract. He looks like a replacement for Godard. The Pens have said they wanted an enforcer who they could sign to a two way contract and call up when they felt it was necessary and MacIntyre appears to fit that mold.

vCash
    Orpik underwent lower abdominal surgery and will be out 6-8 weeks. This means he will miss some training camp but should be ready for the start if the season.

vCash
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...hl-moves_n.htm

We Signed Winger Jason Williams To a contract could be a decent move.

vCash
    I saw that move too. Good low risk signing.

vCash

vCash
    This goes against everything I've heard so far and makes me feel a little sick truthfully. The report has not been confirmed by the Penguins so do not read too much into it.

Sidney Crosby could be out even longer, three separate sources told Josh Rimer of NHL Home Ice on SiriusXM Radio. According to Rimer's report, the only information is that Crosby might not be ready to start the season.

But then there was this from Kevin Allen at USA Today on Saturday:

[Crosby} has not talked to the media about his injury this summer, but the word is that he is training and planning as if he will be ready for the start of training camp. The NHL brings its Stars to New York for media interviews every September, and Crosby is planning to be there.Earlier this summer there were even rumors that Crosby was mulling a very early retirement. Those were clearly way too premature and were taken the biggest grains of salt you can find.

The conflicting reports are tough on the ol' sanity section of the brain. It's like a tug of war that makes this whole situation maddening. The silence from Crosby and the Penguins, while completely understandable, contributes to the angst and speculation. Silence might be golden, but in cases like this it's rotten.

While these reports should cause some alarm, it's certainly not panic time. I'll wait until the team comes out or Sid himself saying it will be a longer wait before fretting too much. But the idea of the NHL being without arguably its top star for longer is not good news. Even if you dislike Crosby -- and I know a vast number do -- you can't honestly think it's anything but bad for hockey, let alone Pittsburgh. We'll know for sure when camps start up next month.

Until then, we'll wait and wade through the rubbish.
    http://eye-on-hockey.blogs.cbssports...94626/31314999

vCash
    Until Crosby or the Pens announce anything, I am fully expecting him to be ready for the start of training camp

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27 View Post
    Until Crosby or the Pens announce anything, I am fully expecting him to be ready for the start of training camp
    I am too but hearing reports like that be them confirmed or not just doesn't sit too well with me. I expect and hope to see him out there for the 1st game of the season but at the same time they have to be careful with him, no matter what that means.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast