Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Penguins sign Jason Williams

The Pittsburgh Penguins signed forward Jason Williams to a one-year, two-way deal worth $600,000 on Tuesday.

Williams, 30, has spent the all or part of the past 10 seasons at the NHL level, including playing the second half of the 2010-11 season with the Dallas Stars. Williams appeared in 27 games with Dallas, scoring five points . Prior to signing with the Stars in February, Williams spent two months with the Connecticut Whale of the American Hockey League (AHL), totaling nine points in 17 games.

The London, Ontario native has also spent time with the Detroit Red Wings, Chicago Blackhawks, Columbus Blue Jackets and Atlanta Thrashers since signing with Detroit as an undrafted free agent in 2000.

During his first stint in Detroit, Williams was a member of the Red Wings' 2001-02 Stanley Cup championship squad, appearing in nine postseason games that spring.

Williams has appeared in 447 career regular-season games, scoring 93 goals, 132 assists and 225 points. Williams has reached double figures in goals during four of his past six seasons. He has added three points in 27 career postseason contests.
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=372502

You're going to love him.

vCash
    never heard of him

vCash
    Thanks for posting Bran, would you be able to give a short summary of his play? Just want to know how he will fit on the team

vCash
    Haha, I love him, so I'll probably be considered a homer, but I like him. He plays the point on the PP, and has a superhard shot. He sucked on ours, since he didn't fit in with Kronny. He just shot from wherever, and had his shot blocked. He doesn't have the most speed, but has shown some flashes of good offensive ability. He's average in his own end too. What's his best thing? His hands. He's very good with the puck, especially in shootouts. If he's playing, he should be in the shootout. You'll see him a bit on the third line. He has had some big years in the past too.

He's one streaky player who will look good one game, and then just piss you off the next. I'm always been a fan of him, though. You're going to love him, or hate him. He was awful in Chicago and Atlanta, but good in his first stint in Detroit and with Columbus (check his stats there).

vCash
    Thanks for the info, always helpful to have opinions from other posters. I'm not sure where he will play, we already have an abundance of forwards with the Sullivan signing so I don't know

vCash
    AHL, or the third line.

vCash
    Small depth signing.

Then again if he plays with Crosby he could probably put up 60 pts.....