Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Perhaps they will make tickets reasonable so real fans go and not just a bunch of dumb suits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wewantthecup View Post
    Perhaps they will make tickets reasonable so real fans go and not just a bunch of dumb suits.
    Don't hold your breath...

They are increasing ticket prices for both the Rangers and Knicks again this year (good thing i don't give a **** about the Knicks)

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.c...es-rise-again/

It's not going to stop, the only good thing is that because hockey is such a niche sport you are talking 1st level tickets in the 300 to 400 dollar range in comparison to the 3 or 4 thousand dollar seats (and more) to sit court side for the Knicks.

Not to mention how do you think Dolan pays for bringing in players and renovating the Garden?

It's on your cable bill every month because he is a douchebag.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-29-2012 at 04:34 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wewantthecup View Post
    Yeah, right.

Look how high they are in a down economy.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    2 years ago the 400s were $39 each.

Last year they went up to 43. This year I think they are 51. But you can't buy individual tickets because most of them are season ticket holders. Partial plans are mostly sold out so you turn to stubhub and other secondary markets. A decent game on stubhub is usually around 80 and this year it'll probably be more with a more renovated MSG.

Next year they'll be even more. Insane.

vCash
    supply and demand

vCash
    Yep it stinks.

Anyone get a chance to sit in the new balcony seats last year?

I loved them. The view was amazing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Don't hold your breath...

They are increasing ticket prices for both the Rangers and Knicks again this year (good thing i don't give a **** about the Knicks)

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.c...es-rise-again/

It's not going to stop, the only good thing is that because hockey is such a niche sport you are talking 1st level tickets in the 300 to 400 dollar range in comparison to the 3 or 4 thousand dollar seats (and more) to sit court side for the Knicks.

Not to mention how do you think Dolan pays for bringing in players and renovating the Garden?

It's on your cable bill every month because he is a douchebag.
    The Knicks and Rangers tickets down low are about the same price there are the equivalent of court side tickets called something like "special VIP" which are well over a grand a piece. The Knicks are more expensive around the arena by something up to %10 a ticket but mostly within the %3-%5 more per ticket range. The reality is they had to pay for the renovations somehow so this is the logical way to do it.
    Averymustgo...must go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Faithful View Post
    The Knicks and Rangers tickets down low are about the same price there are the equivalent of court side tickets called something like "special VIP" which are well over a grand a piece. The Knicks are more expensive around the arena by something up to %10 a ticket but mostly within the %3-%5 more per ticket range. The reality is they had to pay for the renovations somehow so this is the logical way to do it.
    My friend bought those special Ranger VIP seats last year for close to 900 bucks but i know Knick tickets are usually more expensive because you can't get them and they are still 20 rows from the court (at least the Rangers are rink side).

Seems the only way you can get them is via Stubhub or Ebay and the markup is crazy.

Hey look i understand but in a down economy they have balls increasing ticket prices renovation or not (because Dolan has the money)

I understand that's how sports work and it was inevitable they did it but it's still in bad taste.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12