Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Cormier to win the GP tourney prior to his substitution in was 60 to 1. I shouldve taken a flyer on him and Del Rosario for $10
    Last edited by marinoman; 08-10-2011 at 10:30 PM.

vCash
    Good god at the Bellator odds LOL

Cole Konrad -1000
    Paul Buentello +600

Rene Nazare -1400
    Juan Barrantes +800

Pat Curran -125 (I actually got Curran at +130 when it came out)
    Marlon Sandro -105

Ricco Rodriguez -300
    Seth Petruzelli +220

vCash
    LOL, -1000? Is Konrad that good? Or does Buentello suck that much?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    LOL, -1000? Is Konrad that good? Or does Buentello suck that much?
    Paul Buentello's ground game sucks that much and Konrad is a huge wrestler.

vCash
    Seen some sites where Griffin is a 2-1 underdog. I'm so tempted to throw down $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Seen some sites where Griffin is a 2-1 underdog. I'm so tempted to throw down $50.
    Yeah he is around +180 or a little higher pretty much across the board. Personally I think Griffin to win by decision is gonna be a real good bet it should be in the +250 to +300 area.

But you have to keep in mind we have no way of knowing how the fight being in Brazil will impact these fights.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Yeah he is around +180 or a little higher pretty much across the board. Personally I think Griffin to win by decision is gonna be a real good bet it should be in the +250 to +300 area.

But you have to keep in mind we have no way of knowing how the fight being in Brazil will impact these fights.
    I've got Forrest by decision too. I think this is an awesome matchup for him since he's big, has the cardio, and can survive the early on attacks by Rua. I also really like Griffin's BJJ.

I really wonder how Forrest will take this, though. This man's never really been boo'd in his life. He's always been a fan favourite, and gets those cheers. He's going into Brazil, and the crowd will be against him.

vCash
    A buddy of mine online is a pretty solid gambler when it comes to MMA. So far this year he is 25-6 on his picks and up a pretty good amount. He shot me his picks today for UFC 134 and it has me depressed guys. He has Shogun Rua, Thiago Tavares and Stanislav Nedkov. He said he has $1000 on Nedkov at +180....

I have money on those 3 fights as well. I have Forrest Griffin, Spencer Fisher and Luiz Cane. I just can't see going against those picks but they are the opposite of his which sucks.

Forrest Griffin at +180 - The guy won the first fight that is reason enough for me to take him again at these odds. As good as Shogun Rua has looked the fact remains that in the UFC he is 3-3 in the last 4 years. He has lost to Forrest, Machida and Jon Jones and beaten Mark Coleman, Chuck Liddell and Lyoto Machida. I look at that and see that in the UFC he is 1-3 against top 10 ranked opponents. Shogun has had multiple knee surgeries, has had cardio problems and is fighting a much bigger opponent. I will take Forrest at these odds any day of the week.

Spencer Fisher at +190 - I don't get this fight. I don't see what Tavares has to warrant him being a -240 favorite in this fight. His biggest wins are against Manny Gamburyan and Omigawa and those guys are both Featherweights now while Spencer Fisher has wins over Thiago Alves, Matt Wiman, Sam Stout and Jeremy Stephens with losses to a bunch of guys that would likely beat Tavares. Also Tavares doesn't finish fights unless he is fighting somebody terrible and letting a fight go to the judges against veterans like Spencer Fisher always leaves you open for a close decision loss.

Luiz Cane at -200 - The line has gone up on Cane which makes me even more surprised that my friend put so much on Nedkov. He is supposed to a very good grappler with questionable standup but a powerful right hand all the same. However Luiz Cane is a guy that people haven't been able to takedown and he has very good BJJ.

The biggest names that Nedkov has fought are Travis Wiuff and Kevin Randleman and he barely won those fights. He beat Wiuff with less than a minute left in the fight and some people think he was losing that fight. Then he got a split decision against Kevin Randleman who is shot these days. On the flipside Luiz Cane has beaten Steve Cantwell, Eliot Marshall and Sokoudjou in impressive fashion with his losses being to Diabate and Lil Nog.

But my friend seems certain that this guy is gonna come in and grapple**** Luiz Cane and not let him do anything.

vCash
    Wow, $1000 is quite a bit. I agree though. I just love Griffin at those odds. He's over a 2 to 1 underdog which is crazy. I think Forrest strikes early, and takes him down late in the 1st. I think he grinds out 2 rounds.

vCash
    I took Griffin/Fisher/Nedkov ....I bet 25 bucks on a 3 fight parlay with a 567 dollar pay out and i'm feeling confident in all 3 guys winning

vCash
    A buddy of mine online is a pretty solid gambler when it comes to MMA. So far this year he is 25-6 on his picks and up a pretty good amount. He shot me his picks today for UFC 134 and it has me depressed guys. He has Shogun Rua, Thiago Tavares and Stanislav Nedkov. He said he has $1000 on Nedkov at +180....

I have money on those 3 fights as well. I have Forrest Griffin, Spencer Fisher and Luiz Cane. I just can't see going against those picks but they are the opposite of his which sucks.

Forrest Griffin at +180 - The guy won the first fight that is reason enough for me to take him again at these odds. As good as Shogun Rua has looked the fact remains that in the UFC he is 3-3 in the last 4 years. He has lost to Forrest, Machida and Jon Jones and beaten Mark Coleman, Chuck Liddell and Lyoto Machida. I look at that and see that in the UFC he is 1-3 against top 10 ranked opponents. Shogun has had multiple knee surgeries, has had cardio problems and is fighting a much bigger opponent. I will take Forrest at these odds any day of the week.

Spencer Fisher at +190 - I don't get this fight. I don't see what Tavares has to warrant him being a -240 favorite in this fight. His biggest wins are against Manny Gamburyan and Omigawa and those guys are both Featherweights now while Spencer Fisher has wins over Thiago Alves, Matt Wiman, Sam Stout and Jeremy Stephens with losses to a bunch of guys that would likely beat Tavares. Also Tavares doesn't finish fights unless he is fighting somebody terrible and letting a fight go to the judges against veterans like Spencer Fisher always leaves you open for a close decision loss.

Luiz Cane at -200 - The line has gone up on Cane which makes me even more surprised that my friend put so much on Nedkov. He is supposed to a very good grappler with questionable standup but a powerful right hand all the same. However Luiz Cane is a guy that people haven't been able to takedown and he has very good BJJ.

The biggest names that Nedkov has fought are Travis Wiuff and Kevin Randleman and he barely won those fights. He beat Wiuff with less than a minute left in the fight and some people think he was losing that fight. Then he got a split decision against Kevin Randleman who is shot these days. On the flipside Luiz Cane has beaten Steve Cantwell, Eliot Marshall and Sokoudjou in impressive fashion with his losses being to Diabate and Lil Nog.

But my friend seems certain that this guy is gonna come in and grapple**** Luiz Cane and not let him do anything.
    Well that's what I get for going against a proven winner. I will be following my friend's picks 100% from now on regardless of how I feel about the picks. The only thing that kept me from losing my *** tonight was that I had a small bet on Big Nog and Anderson inside the distance.

vCash
    Well that's what I get for going against a proven winner. I will be following my friend's picks 100% from now on regardless of how I feel about the picks. The only thing that kept me from losing my *** tonight was that I had a small bet on Big Nog and Anderson inside the distance.
    That sucks man, but now you know when it comes to betting MMA, listen to your friend, the guy came out a huge winner tonight.
    -----

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    That sucks man, but now you know when it comes to betting MMA, listen to your friend, the guy came out a huge winner tonight.
    Yeah he is now 29-6 on the year is on an insane run.

vCash
    Steel, could you link me to a good site to get started.

vCash
    Some odds that I find interesting

Jake Shields -170
    Jake Ellenberger +150

Jon Jones -600
    Rampage Jackson +450

Josh Koscheck -420
    Matt Hughes +300

Chael Sonnen -260
    Brian Stann +220

Melvin Guillard -280
    Joe Lauzon +240

Anthony Pettis -260
    Jeremy Stephens +220

Georges St. Pierre -420
    Carlos Condit +300

Cain Velasquez -140
    Junior Dos Santos +120

Rick Story -140
    Martin Kampmann +120

Alistair Overeem -140
    Brock Lesnar +120

I'm loving Kampmann at +120 against Rick Story. Kampmann has put up some tough fights against Jake Shields and Diego Sanchez and he is the underdog against Rick Story who lost to Charlie Brenneman and John Hathaway.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast