Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011 NHL Draft

vCash

2011 NHL Draft

The Wild have the #10 pick this year. Fortunately for us, there is a lot of top D talent that are expected to go high, so some of the top rated wingers may fall to us...and that is what we really need, wing talent in the farm. Our D is decently stocked from the Lemaire/Risborough...however, they left this team with close to no wing talent.
    We do not have the luxury of multiple picks this year, like we did last year when we had 4 picks in the first two rounds (all used on forwards)...we do not have a 2nd round pick due to us trading it for chuck kobasew.

vCash
    Here is my take with the 10 pick take Mika Zibanejad or Sven Bartschi. I also wouldnt mind Tyler Biggs with that pick, he is a good finishing powerforward something we dont have anything of. Mika has good size and scouts say have a good all around game and we all know C is our worst position. Sven has a wicked shot and is a high scoring winger, many have compared his scoring capabilities to El Nino (Nino Niederreiter) which is exactly what we need. Also since we dont have a second pick, have many D men locked under contract and a farm system full of good D prospects trading one of them for a late first round pick. Perfect Scenario, Detroit (who I am a bigger fan of than the wild) just lost Rafalski, might but probably wont lose Lidstrom and really only have 2 good D prospects that are NHL ready and nothing else so my proposed trade would be Cuma,Scandella or really any of our D prospects for their pick (Which I think is 24?) than will that pick we take Matt Puempel, Vladislav Namestnikov, Boone Jenner or Mark Scheifele all good forward prospects, the first two being good high scoring wingers the latter two being good solid two way centers that have proven they can put up points.

vCash
    ^^^I am all for adding multiple wings, but D is our only prospect strength. If we lose Cuma or Scandella, we become average at that prospect position. We can afford to lose current D men on the current squad because we have two hot prospects in the minors that can help us for years. My hope is that Cuma and Scandella become D men for us for years to come.

Now if we can trade some of our other D prospects for wing help, or draft picks, I would be for it. We have some 2nd tier D prospects in our system such as Noreau or Falk. Either one of those guys could net us something decent in a trade.

vCash
    Imo second tier D prospects are a dime a dozen, every team has them, so unless a team sees something in falk or noreau that no one else sees I couldn't expect anything more than a mid round draft choice or a b quality wing prospect something that I wouldn't be for. With spurg, Cuma, scandella in the future, Schultz locked for a while z locked for a while and hopefully locking up burns (which I don't think will happen) your looking at a lot of D men especially once u add in the 5th and 6th D men like zanon and with stoner showing he can fill that big body role, we won't have room even for all of them. I mean add in barker and there you have 9 servicable D men and nobody but burns would land us a 1st rounder or a decent wing. So if trading one of those three lands us a top scoring threat prospect or already developed scoring threat I would not hesitate. I just would rather not hold onto all of them and be so bare on the wing or center prospects. I mean let's face it besides lehtonen who signed in the khl supposedly and granlund we don't even have what I would consider B level wing prospects and nothing close to A level. Gillies is a joke maybe 3rd liner, same with almond, and I don't think zucker is anything more than a fringe B level fringe top 6 forward. We need something to excite the fans and score us some goals next to koivu, I would be more than willing to give one of those three up for it. And if we are so stuck on keepin those three than trade burns for a proven star forward
    Last edited by pidg88; 05-25-2011 at 09:31 PM.

vCash
    imo, this team needs to pledge themselves either as a playoff team, or as a rebuilding team. If they pledge themselves as a playoff team, then yes, trade Cuma or Scandella for an explosive wing...but if you pledge yourself to rebuilding, keep the two D-men. Our log-jam at D can be rectified by trading some of them for mid-round picks.

I don't think Gillies is a joke, I dont think he will be a first liner, but I dont think he is a joke.

vCash
    I agree almost 100% with your statement above. They need to decide and than figure out what direction to take. I would like to see a new coach and a semi rebuild. By this I mean keep out younger players like Burns Laten Clutterbuck etc and of course Koivu but ship the rest off for whatever we can get, let Koivu lead the next generation wild players and our up and coming stars and hopefully by the end of his contract we will have put together a team that will make him proud and happy to have lead this team.

The % I dont agree with you with is Gillies, he has shown no potential imo. I know he was rushed into the NHL but he will be nothing more than a 3rd line checking center...and thats the highest hopes I have for him.

vCash
    I like the idea of Sven Bartschi, and Zibanejad. Though Z could be gone by that pick. He's possibly gone by pick 7 (Winnipeg).

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    I think either Stome or Zibanejad should be there, either not both haha. I think Winn takes Strome leaving Z to us which is more than fine. But if neither are, which I doubt, I think Bartschi is the man

vCash
    a defense man...

vCash
    We knew about the SJ trade when we drafted that D man, and although its a good trade for both sides we should really be happy with this trade. We essentially got 3 first rounders for Burns, Setoguchi is a 30 goal scorer, Coyle is a top top prospect highly regarded by SJ and the rest of the league and we got the pick that gave us Zach Phillips. We came away on top

vCash
    yeah, I like the trade a lot. I loved Brent Burns, but time for us to get young

vCash
    Its not all about getting young, and as one analyst said this trade isnt just about Devin Setoguchi, our prize in this trade is Coyle, expect to see him be a top 6 in the NHL along with Setoguchi who can be a top pairing with Koivu/Havlat or Koivu/Latendresse. Zach Phillips im not sure on, he gives us depth at center, and is a decent center prospect in what was a very deep draft. Could be a good 2-way centermen killing PK's and putting up 40 pts. This trade alone restocked us and brought me from a complete non believer in the wild and what they were doing this off season to an extreme hopeful. Also remember Fletcher said he wanted to replace the 2nd rounder he gave to Boston in the Kobasew trade ON TOP OF getting another first rounder. So I would say to expect another move early this morning. Maybe moving An NHL player for an NHL player and a 2nd.
    Last edited by pidg88; 06-25-2011 at 02:24 AM.

vCash
    a couple reaches in seeler and brodin, but a good draft. Lucia in the 2nd was great.

vCash
    I'm guessing Coyle will stay at BU for a few years but what about our two picks in the first. I think some youth to keep adding on as well as a line with Koivu/Havlat/Seti would be great. Just hope that line will gel.

vCash
    Expect to see Coyle at the end of this season (Just like Nyquist of the Red Wings) sign and be part of the Aero's/wild and will be with the team next year. Like I said he is what we really should be happy for in that trade, Setoguchi helps now with 30-40 goal potential but Coyle is next year gold if he keeps developing the way he is. Analysts said Coyle would have been top 5-10 pick in this draft. I am more than happy with Brodin, in two-three years he will be solid imo. Lucia I am iffy on, felt like we traded up to get a native expect him also in 2-3 years.

The best thing, from these last two drafts Fletcher has done an phenomenal job of re stocking this franchise with promising prospects, and I mean phenomenal.

And a buddy of mine knows Burnsy and I have met him numerous times, he is elated to be traded to SJ. So good for him and I wish him all the best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast