Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

2011 Coach Search

Who do you guys think it will be? What are some names you are hearing? Is it important to hire a guy before the draft?

vCash
    I would love Hitchcock no questions asked. I dont care if he brings back the trap style thats what favors our team and our goaltending and what brought us success. Im all for the excitement of other styles but we have to face that that is what brought us success. With a good winger that can put up lots of points (Marion Gaborik type points without being made out of glass) the trap style can work....I just dont think we have that player on our team. I think we have to make moves at the deadline, and I think trading Burns away for that winger wouldnt be a bad idea at all (we will lose him in free agency anyways)

vCash
    ^^^outside of one year when the Wild made a run in the playoffs as an eighth seed, I dont think we ever really experienced success.

vCash
    That's kind of my point, with the trap we made it to the playoffs and had better success than now without it and once it brought us deep into the playoffs. It's better than th last 3 years under this new scheme that has us sitting 12 pts out of the 8th

vCash
    ^^^We also had players to fit that system, and a great coach to fit as well.

whoes to say that we couldnt build a team around another coaches style? Just because we had (minimal) success with Lemaire's system, and not Richards does not mean that the slow it down and trap system is the only one that will work.

vCash
    I think the team we have now would do just fine in the trap, it wasnt necesarily built for the trap but some of those players are left and we could play it with a lot more success than this fast paced system. I mean besides PMB and maybe Havlat who has breakout speed on our team? Who is a shoot first ask questions later 30 goal scorer? No one, We have a lot of overpaid older players. And again in the grand scheme of things you can call Lemaire's success minimal, but for this team his success so far is the best success we have ever had and there is a little something to be said about that.

Im not saying I want to go back to the trap, im just saying we seem to be built more for it than a fast paced break out game and it is what has so far brought us our biggest success.

vCash
    Mike Yeo. I don't know what to think. He was a winner in Pitt but he was also an assistant. Oh, and he had Crosby.

vCash
    I honestly don't know what to think either, I'm happy with the hire...and happy that they talked about creating a youth movement and no more of this veteran overpaid crap. I'm excited

vCash
    It's all about regrowing from the bottom. The farm system right now is at an all time low. But, there's upside. You can only get better.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkGawdofWalkz View Post
    It's all about regrowing from the bottom. The farm system right now is at an all time low. But, there's upside. You can only get better.
    Just because we can doesn't mean we will, but I remain hopeful.

vCash
    blah...I feel the Wild need and deserve someone established.