Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do you check RT before watching movies?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 65.52%
  • No

10 34.48%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Do you check Rotten Tomatoes before watching movies?

Have to say, its become my guide for watching movies. Mainly checking on the critics I like/agree with, though sometimes I'll go against the grain.

Do you guys check RT or any other consensus site?

vCash
    nope. if i want to see something reviews don't matter to me
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Yes. I love the site

vCash
    Used to, before no strings attached, drive angry, Tyler perrys new madae movie, gnomeo and Juliet, and Justin beiber got better ratings than hangover 2 and pirates 4. If your going to have a review site, then make them realistic

PSD's 2011 Diva's Champion

vCash
    Only if I don't want to see a movie but my friends do.

vCash
    Almost every time.

“Celtic is important to me in as much as it’s one of the only constants in my life over the years. I have changed and become various things but it is the one constant. Religion, friendships have come and gone, likes and dislikes have come and gone, but Celtic has remained.” - Billy Connolly

vCash
    I like IMDB better than Rotten Tomatoes. And of course PSD has been really good at finding good movies to see. A lot of the threads on here have guided me to a lot of great movies that I would have never have seen or heard of

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MelanconMadness View Post
    Used to, before no strings attached, drive angry, Tyler perrys new madae movie, gnomeo and Juliet, and Justin beiber got better ratings than hangover 2 and pirates 4. If your going to have a review site, then make them realistic
    That is dumb, but Hangover 2 and Pirates 4 weren't good movies.

I do screen first. I'm picky about movies. I don't let it totally influence my decision to watch a movie, but I use it to decide if I'm picking between a few.

vCash
    I do but for only movies that I didn't want to see. If it's getting a solid 75% then I'll have a look.
    Signature removed because **** is a dodging filter

vCash
    RT is a pretty good standard to use to stay away from crap movies.

Some of their high ratings are bad though. Rango is a piece of garbage but was super highly rated.

I also look at the viewers ratings on RT, I find that fanboys stick to IMDB while the better viewers rate on RT.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    If any I would look at RT. IMDB is just a bunch of kids that dont know a good movie from a bad movie. The Wizard Of Oz the 103rd best movie when it is clearly a top 10 of all time.

Anyways, no I do not look at any of them before watching a movie. That is like asking someone who has seen the movie and they say it is crappy and I still watch it and I like it. Lot of people said Good Burger sucked, but I watched it and it was a very good movie. We all have different opinions. RT gave The Sandlot bad reviews when it was a very good movie, so I watch the movie even if I do look at RT.

vCash
    I use it to evaluate my own opinions of movies / look up old reviews for movies I liked.

I generally know ahead of time if I want to see a movie.

vCash
    No.

"King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."
    http://dynamik-farr.deviantart.com/

vCash
    Yes, but most times it doesn't determine if i'll see the film or not. I prefer Rotten Tomatoes over IMDB.
    [CENTER[IMG]http://static.rogerebert.com/redactor_assets/pictures/scanners/moonrise-kingdom-wes-andersons-miniatures/mkwhatbird-thumb-510x275-49306.jpg[/CENTER]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eat_At_Joe's View Post
    If any I would look at RT. IMDB is just a bunch of kids that dont know a good movie from a bad movie. The Wizard Of Oz the 103rd best movie when it is clearly a top 10 of all time.

Anyways, no I do not look at any of them before watching a movie. That is like asking someone who has seen the movie and they say it is crappy and I still watch it and I like it. Lot of people said Good Burger sucked, but I watched it and it was a very good movie. We all have different opinions. RT gave The Sandlot bad reviews when it was a very good movie, so I watch the movie even if I do look at RT.
    Wizard of Oz sucks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast