Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,433
    vCash
    1500

    What will they be called?

    The mayor says that they will not be called the jets they will be called the manitoba ??????

    I got manitoba mongoose, manitoba magic, manitoba muscle

    and if they do in fact get called winnipeg ?????

    I got Winnipeg Warriors (I know a couple of them are used in the nba, but Winnipeg copied the New York Jets the first time around so why not again)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pickering
    Posts
    9,955
    vCash
    1500
    why does it have to start with the same letter it starts with? it dosnt have to be something with a W if Winnipeg or M if Manitoba

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,433
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AK-50 View Post
    why does it have to start with the same letter it starts with? it dosnt have to be something with a W if Winnipeg or M if Manitoba
    it doesn't have to, I just think it sounds better.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    18,976
    vCash
    1500
    is this happening this year

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    13,783
    vCash
    1500
    Falcons

    Straight Flash Homey

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,433
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by boms-4 View Post
    Falcons
    they would only be called falcans if the were named Winnipeg Falcans. If the mayor is right and they are called Manitoba ?????, I doubt they will be called Falcans.. The reason the name Falcans is so popular is because it has history, there was another team named the Winnipeg Falcans in the early 1900's.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Posts
    11,502
    vCash
    1500
    Its spelt Falcons, not Falcans

    And that would be the reason in naming it Winnipeg Falcons, because there is history.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,433
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    Its spelt Falcons, not Falcans

    And that would be the reason in naming it Winnipeg Falcons, because there is history.
    1st. who gives a ******* how it's spelt the internet isn't the greatest place to learn how to spell if you haven't realized.

    2nd. read my comment the mayor says it is likely going to be called Manitoba ?????, not Winnipeg. So that likely throws the name Winnipeg Falcans out the window (woops Falcons), as the name Manitoba Falcons has no history.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Posts
    11,502
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaMONK View Post
    1st. who gives a ******* how it's spelt the internet isn't the greatest place to learn how to spell if you haven't realized.

    2nd. read my comment the mayor says it is likely going to be called Manitoba ?????, not Winnipeg. So that likely throws the name Winnipeg Falcans out the window (woops Falcons), as the name Manitoba Falcons has no history.
    Why wouldn't the internet be the greatest place to learn how to spell? Lol

    Thanks for letting me know what the mayor of the city I live in said, not like I read the newspaper or anything. So what if its "Manitoba Falcons"? That name sounds good to me. Does it have to have history? No but I was justifying why Winnipeg Falcons would be a suitable name.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Carberry, MB
    Posts
    443
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaMONK View Post
    The mayor says that they will not be called the jets they will be called the manitoba ??????

    I got manitoba mongoose, manitoba magic, manitoba muscle

    and if they do in fact get called winnipeg ?????

    I got Winnipeg Warriors (I know a couple of them are used in the nba, but Winnipeg copied the New York Jets the first time around so why not again)

    Won't happen.... The is a native american gang in Manitoba called the warriors.. bad PR
    Yeah its me Quagmire again....
    nope not this time its stuck in the window.......



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,433
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw24 View Post
    Won't happen.... The is a native american gang in Manitoba called the warriors.. bad PR
    How about the Manitoba Blades or Winnipeg Wolverines

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Posts
    11,502
    vCash
    1500
    Manitoba Maurauders

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    38
    vCash
    1500
    What about Rebels, or Voyageurs in honour of Louis Riel and all the history surrounding him in that area

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,433
    vCash
    1500
    How about the Winnipeg Victorias (3-time stanley cup winners).I personally hate the name, but everbody seems to like a name with history behind it.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Posts
    11,502
    vCash
    1500
    So you give me **** about mentioning Winnipeg Falcons then you throw out Winnipeg Victorias. Lol on you.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •