Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Tedy Bruschi: Derrick Brooks is Not a First-Ballot Hall of Famer

JoeBucsFan reports about an interview that former Patriots LB Teddy Bruschi did where he mentioned that former Bucs LB Derrick Brooks is not a first-ballot Hall of Fame LB. Here’s the story:

Rumors of Tedy Bruschi taking a shot at Derrick Brooks on ESPN were swirling out there for more than a week, and the dean of Tampa Bay sports radio, Steve Duemig of WDAE-AM 620, fielded his share of calls about the slam. Bruschi said on the air that Brooks is not a first ballot Hall of Fame selection. Brooks acknowledged he was aware of it and said “some things are better left unsaid.” However, Brooks kept talking anyway. “My resume says it all,” Brooks said. “[Bruschi] has an opinion and I give it to him. …If he’s wrong, he’ll hear it from me. It’ll be three years of pent-up” anger. Brooks is eligible for induction in three years. Of course, every Bucs fan knows Brooks was a five-time All-Pro, earned a defensive player of the year award, was an anchor of arguably the best defense the NFL has seen and didn’t miss a start in his final 13 seasons and made 11 Pro Bowls.
    Source: JoeBucsFan

Thoughts on Bruschi's comments?

We Want Winston!

vCash
    He must be high, if you don't mind an if its not a problem can you post both there stats an pro bowls to compare where he gets the balls to call brooks out on that, I liked tedd before this.both great players but brooks is a first ballet
    Last edited by T.B.A.T.W.; 05-20-2011 at 05:34 AM.

vCash
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....

Teddy thinks because he played for the patriots he knows everything.

He is 100% wrong about this. Derrick Brooks is a first ballot HOF without question.

I really hope teddy doesnt think that hes better than brooks because if he does, hes had one to many concussions. Brooks is right, his resume speaks for himself and i think its jealousy from bruschi because no matter what, he is not a HOF. solid linebacker and good leader, but not a hof player.

vCash
    I have always hated Teddy Bruschi and this just reinforces that hatred!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhouse94 View Post
    I have always hated Teddy Bruschi and this just reinforces that hatred!
    So I take it that you and him will never have a couple of bruschi's together? lol

vCash
    maybe it was the stroke talking

vCash
    I think teddy is mistaking brooks with himself. Derick brooks is easy a first ballot hall of famer. Teddy isn't a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, a 100th, a 10,000, 10000000th ballot hall of famer

vCash
    ***K You Tedy!

That's all I got for right now.

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    WOW!!! I used to respect and listen to Teddys opinion...... I have to say he must have been drunk or high or both. If he doesn't think Brooks is a first ballot guy then he obviously is not as knowledgeable as I thought. Brooks is an easy first ballot guy.

vCash
    Huh....what an ***. He just made a fool of himself. If he's going to take shots at someone he could at least pick a player that had some issues off the field or anywhere. Brooks is one of the most flawless players of all time, on the field and off of it!!

vCash
    Lets settle this in the octagon!

vCash
    He doesn't have a clue. If Bruschi ever makes it to the HOF, it will be because of the team he played on. He was a good player, but he's not even in Brooks' league. If Bruschi is on any other team besides the Pats during his "illustrious" career, none of us would have ever heard of him.

Tedy can go fu[k himself for all I care.

vCash
    all I can say is Teddy Bruschi is a douche. If Derrick Brooks is not a first ballot hall of famer I will switch and be a patriots fan, we all know that's not happening so...... He just is a huge homer and if it has nothing to do with the patriots then its not the best.

vCash
    It sure sounds like jealousy - kinda like how Joe Morgan kept saying that Ryne Sandberg shouldn't be in the HOF.

I can understand if you don't like someone for whatever reason (though I find it hard how anyone wouldn't like Brooks). But I don't understand how you can honestly look at Brooks' career and say he is not a first ballot HOFer, no matter how much you don't like the guy.

vCash
    If derrick brooks isnt a first ballot hall of famer then I will have unprotected sex with jane reno.

Brooks was one of the best lb when he played and also a classy guy

12 Tackles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast