Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    ^^^ Absolutely perfect.

600K for a backup is going to help out big time. I'm amazed that Salak signed that deal after he had a deal for 1.2Mil a year...but obviously he wants to play in the NHL next year. Great news, can't wait to see him...many hockey analysts think that getting Salak was a bigger acquisition than Frolik in that deal...

vCash
    Couldn't have been a better start to the weekend. We lock up Crow for 3yrs at $8 million and now Salak at 2yrs at $1.2. Sad to see Marty go because he was a great all-around teammate and a good role model for a year for Corey. But as Boom! stated Salak must really wanna be in the NHL to take a pay cut. I'm happy for SB cause he's proving to a decent GM so far.
    BEST DRINK I'VE EVER HAD...PERIOD!
    GO CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    ^^^ Absolutely perfect.

600K for a backup is going to help out big time. I'm amazed that Salak signed that deal after he had a deal for 1.2Mil a year...but obviously he wants to play in the NHL next year. Great news, can't wait to see him...many hockey analysts think that getting Salak was a bigger acquisition than Frolik in that deal...
    Plus we retain his rights after the contract ends... Stan Bowman make a very nice move with the Salak contract.

Now we need some cap friendly deals from Campoli and Frolik.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Severs View Post
    Plus we retain his rights after the contract ends... Stan Bowman make a very nice move with the Salak contract.

Now we need some cap friendly deals from Campoli and Frolik.
    Agreed. Hindsight in 20/20 and some people are upset with the moves that Bowman made last summer...but his hands were tied and he really got some nice pieces back.

Let's take a look at this deal he made...

Blackhawks traded Skille, Jessiman, and Pacan for Salak and Frolik.

What a deal, absolutely loving it for the present and the future.

Anyone want to toss some guesses around for the Campoli and Frolik deals?

vCash
    I can see this happening, but have no clue on the $$$...(sorry)

Frolik: 3yr deal

Campoli: 2yr deal

Trade: Hammer & Brouw
    GO CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

vCash
    I love the deal for Salak. A 2 year deal at only $600k? Thats great and since we are tight on money it helps to only have a back up at $600k

vCash
    Neat.

Best part, we have 2 goalies with completely different styles. Crow is technically sound, and Salak is an athletic unconventional alternative.

The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Agreed. Hindsight in 20/20 and some people are upset with the moves that Bowman made last summer...but his hands were tied and he really got some nice pieces back.

Let's take a look at this deal he made...

Blackhawks traded Skille, Jessiman, and Pacan for Salak and Frolik.

What a deal, absolutely loving it for the present and the future.

Anyone want to toss some guesses around for the Campoli and Frolik deals?
    Stan Bowman has made great decisions since being named general manager. I agree his hands were tied last summer because of the mismanagement from Dale Tallon with the salary cap. Teams knew we were in a bind to move key players and they took advantage of the situation. Even so Stan acquired some nice young assests last summer while making the necessary salary dump.

1. Leddy and Johnsson for Cam Barker
    2. Campoli for a late 2nd (knowing we still have 2 higher 2nd round picks)
    3. Frolik and Salak for Skille
    4. Getting the core players of this team locked up for the foreseeable future.

Not to mention he had the balls to move on without the goaltender who he had just won a Stanley Cup with and we ended up with an even better goaltender in Crawford...

The only move I disliked was the Seabrook contract (I thought Seabrook was worth less when he inked him for that much)... but in hindsight there is a good chance Seabrook can be worth a 6-7 million per season player in the next few seasons. So this could end up as a solid move as well.

I think Frolik gets 3 year @ 2.1 per season.

Campoli gets 2 years @ 1.5 per season... or tender him an offer.

Campoli might very well be worth more but with our depth on defense I would not offer him more, we have enough cap space tied up in the back end anyway.

Frolik already has two 20 goal seasons in the NHL and that will factor in to what he commands. I think he will out-produce that contract anyway.

vCash

2 in a row for Bowman Jr..

When the Hawks traded Skille for Frolik and Salak.. I was reading in the Florida papers that many fans were ticked off that Salak was part of the deal. They didnt really care about Frolik, but Salak was looked at as the man to replace Vokoun. Considering how good Frolik looks and the fact that Salak was such a hot prospect.. I think we won that deal.. lolol.. Tallon wanted his guy back in Skille and he overpaid to get him. This is a good sign that Bowman is thinking correctly. Turco was a fun guy to have around.. but his skills were clearly gone and at 1+ mill.. thats too much for a backup. Crow is the man. Salak can now get some quality time backing up. I think we can expect Crow to be starting in the 55-60 game area, unless he shows he can play more. So there is some cap gain in letting Turco go. So now that goaltending is crossed off the list.. what now? Does Sharp get his money? He had a rough year.. (as did many), but he is a true sniper. A rare sniper that he can play any forward spot and on the PK. Does the big trade happen? Hammer? Prolly not since Bowman had to pull money from under the bed to keep him from going to the Sharks.. Soupy and picks on a draft day blockbuster? Kane in a major "oh my god" trade??? Gonna be a fun off season....

vCash
    Jacob Markstrom is the future #1 goaltender for the Panthers... he is probably the best goaltender not playing in the NHL currently. Salak was expendable because of Markstrom... Florida fans were mad because Markstrom had suffered a pretty bad injury when they traded Salak and were unsure of his future for next season...

Still Stan Bowman seems to fleece all opposing teams in trades (if you don't include the summer trades he was forced to make because of Tallon).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1990 View Post
    Does Sharp get his money? He had a rough year.. (as did many)
    Patrick Sharp had a rough year? What the **** team were you watching this season... he was the only consistent offensive threat we had over the entire season. He had the best season of his career... by far.

Sharp was only slowed down by the MCL injury late in the season, and even then he played through it and was still somewhat effective.

vCash

Plus/Minus

Sharp had one of the worst +/- ratings the first part of the year. Meaning... he was on the ice alot when the other team scored. You need to look at all parts of the game my friend. +/- is a huge stat. He got alot better as the year went on. Most of our stud players had rough starts in terms of +/-. Thats all I said. Then I gave him the props he deserved. Hes a great player.. I only pointed that he (like many others) were not playing well at both ends of the ice the first part of the year..... good grief. Way to take one part of the blog and run with it.

vCash
    Don't feel bad 1990, Severs seems to like to fly off the handle on stuff. He argued with me about Kaner's off the ice antics and kept saying what he does along the boards, 200 ft, and his puck handling skill...when all I said was he needs to stop putting yourself in bad positions off the ice.

Anyway, Sharp had one of the worst +/- on the team as well as most of the entire team. I think Soupy was the only positive one until the half way point. But I think with Sharpy playing top line mins, PP and the PK took alot outta him. With SB locking u our goaltending tandem I think were in a good postion for a deep run (hopefully) next year.
    GO CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1990 View Post
    Sharp had one of the worst +/- ratings the first part of the year. Meaning... he was on the ice alot when the other team scored. You need to look at all parts of the game my friend. +/- is a huge stat. He got alot better as the year went on. Most of our stud players had rough starts in terms of +/-. Thats all I said. Then I gave him the props he deserved. Hes a great player.. I only pointed that he (like many others) were not playing well at both ends of the ice the first part of the year..... good grief. Way to take one part of the blog and run with it.
    Thanks for informing me as to how the +/- stat line worked, after having followed the NHL and playing hockey over my entire life I was unsure as to how that worked...

Now if you knew anything about hockey at all you would know that +/- is just about the most meaningless stat in all of hockey. Someone better inform the NHL that Nicklas Lidstrom is a terrible defensemen and he should not be nominated for the Norris, he is -2 on the season after all.

Corsi numbers and qualcomp stats against situational stats will show you how well Sharp played this season. Quit looking at meaningless +/- stats.

Kevin Bieska was near the top of the league in +/- (at +32)... Bieska is know as a defensive liability a lot of the time... he is know for his physical play and offensive ability. His gap control and positioning is not good at all.

Now look at Shea Weber... (only +7 on the season). Weber is one of the best shut down defenders in the NHL... so one must assume that Bieska >>> Weber in terms of defense?... and Lidstrom for that matter?

Hell no, because +/- means nothing.

Jonathan Toews was a minus player in the playoffs last season... he also is known as one of the very best defensive forwards in the league and won the Conn Smythe. So by your standards you must have thought Toews was bad during last years playoff run?

vCash
    I don't think Salak's nickname is Patrick Sharp.

Markstrom was definitely the goalie of the future for the Panthers. It's almost surprising that they're considering resigning Vokoun.

The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast