Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
    I don't think Salak's nickname is Patrick Sharp.

Markstrom was definitely the goalie of the future for the Panthers. It's almost surprising that they're considering resigning Vokoun.
    Tomas Vokoun has been wasted in Florida over the past 4 years. He is in the discussion for the leagues best netminder, yet never gets the credit for how great he has been late in his career because Florida is a small market that has not made the playoffs in eons.

Vokoun needs to spend the final years of his career competing for a team that can make a deep playoff run.

Why wouldn't Florida want to retain him? They still need to reach the cap floor and having a veteran superstar for Markstrom to learn from would be perfect.

All though with how amazing next years draft is and Florida most likely going to be a high percentage lottery team they might as well not pursue Vokoun and increase your chances at Ryan Murray, Nail Yakupov, or Mikhail Grigorenko.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Severs View Post
    Tomas Vokoun has been wasted in Florida over the past 4 years. He is in the discussion for the leagues best netminder, yet never gets the credit for how great he has been late in his career because Florida is a small market that has not made the playoffs in eons.

Vokoun needs to spend the final years of his career competing for a team that can make a deep playoff run.

Why wouldn't Florida want to retain him? They still need to reach the cap floor and having a veteran superstar for Markstrom to learn from would be perfect.

All though with how amazing next years draft is and Florida most likely going to be a high percentage lottery team they might as well not pursue Vokoun and increase your chances at Ryan Murray, Nail Yakupov, or Mikhail Grigorenko.
    He has been wasted, therefore they should be looking for a short contract to get Markstrom in, and get talent in their skaters. Paying him big money isn't going to do them much good, he can only steal so many games without goals being scored or defensive help.

I think they could be fine signing a cheaper veteran to show Markstrom how to prepare for the big show. If they have Vokoun he'll be forced to sit, they should have him playing minutes, instead.

The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

vCash

Ok.... Severs

Not going down that road with you at all. I wasnt ripping on you in the least. I simply stated a point of fact regarding Sharps +/- and that was it. Enough... Very well coulda been he was over worked. Never once did I question your hockey IQ or anything else. What you did teach is that I will probably ignore your postings from here on out. Be an adult. Respect what others say instead of going french tabloid on one opinion. Lets be done with this and enjoy the forum and the off season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
    He has been wasted, therefore they should be looking for a short contract to get Markstrom in, and get talent in their skaters. Paying him big money isn't going to do them much good, he can only steal so many games without goals being scored or defensive help.

I think they could be fine signing a cheaper veteran to show Markstrom how to prepare for the big show. If they have Vokoun he'll be forced to sit, they should have him playing minutes, instead.
    It is not like top dollar free agents are lining up to sign with Florida, there impact players are going to come from within and those players are on cheap entry level deals. Florida only has 17 million in commited salary for next season and needs to spend at least 26 more million just to hit the cap floor. They are not going to fill that void with Brad Richards or anyone close because top players won't sign in Florida (most of the time).

They have to hit the cap floor somehow, might as well attempt to get Vokoun under a 2 year deal @ 6+ million per season (I think the most he commands is around 5 million per season from other teams given his age, the small market for high dollar starters, and the fact that Bryzgalov is also on the market).

You could then split starts and break in Markstrom for 2 years. Being they certainly will still be a rebuilding team over those 2 years they could afford to split the starts down the middle regardless of how badly Vokoun out-performs Markstrom. Also Markstrom is coming off a bad injury and you should not risk giving him much more than 40-45 starts next season... so essentially he would lose 20 starts in the 2012 season learning along side Vokoun...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1990 View Post
    Not going down that road with you at all. I wasnt ripping on you in the least. I simply stated a point of fact regarding Sharps +/- and that was it. Enough... Very well coulda been he was over worked. Never once did I question your hockey IQ or anything else. What you did teach is that I will probably ignore your postings from here on out. Be an adult. Respect what others say instead of going french tabloid on one opinion. Lets be done with this and enjoy the forum and the off season.
    Okay maybe I was more of a dick than needed but I am hoping you now realize that +/- is a statistic you should ignore.

vCash
    Awesome..that needed to be done..good for CC

vCash
    i bet he becomes a top 8 goalie in the next few years

vCash
    The Florida trade gave us a player that has fit in nicely & strengthened our goalie depth all at a price we can afford. With an extra $5M in the cap space this yr plus Huet's $ off the books, I expect the Hawks to make the moves they need to challenge for the WC pts champion. They'll prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that 2010 was not a fluke & that a dynasty is on the rise.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123