Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Crawford signs 3 year deal (Salak for 2 years)

Didn't see this posted.

The Chicago Blackhawks have agreed to terms with goaltender Corey Crawford on a three-year contract.

Crawford, 26, paced rookie goaltenders with 33 wins (33-18-6), tied for rookie lead with four shutouts and ranked eighth among National Hockey League netminders with a 2.30 goals-against-average during the 2010-11 regular-season. He also led all NHL rookies with a .927 save percentage and a 2.21 GAA in seven Stanley Cup Playoff contests.

During the 2010-11 campaign, his first full NHL season, the Montreal, Quebec, native became the second Blackhawks goaltender since 1994 to reach the 30-win plateau. He tied a franchise rookie record established in 1963 with eight consecutive wins in February and March, and earned the victory in seven consecutive starts in November and December. Crawford compiled a 176:09 shutout streak in January, the longest by a Chicago netminder since Tony Esposito in 1972 and turned aside 16-of-19 shootout attempts during the season, including all eight he faced at the United Center.

Chicago’s second selection (52nd overall) in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft, Crawford has compiled a 34-21-12 record, 2.33 GAA and .917 save percentage in 65 regular-season tilts since making his NHL debut with the Blackhawks during the 2005-06 season. He also piled up 144 wins over parts of five seasons in the American Hockey League with the Rockford IceHogs and Norfolk Admirals.
    http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=563229
    Last edited by Boom!; 05-20-2011 at 03:15 PM.

vCash
    Good news, hopefully the cap number is a good one

vCash

vCash
    Per Jesse Rogers Twitter its 2.5/2.6 a year.

www.twitter.com/ESPNChiHawks

vCash
    2.5 isn't a bad number for a guy like Crawford. He's still got room to grow, too

vCash
    Great job by SB. I was hoping we could get a deal done before the Entry Draft. Now we can focus on trying to dump a little bit more salary (Soupy or Brouw) via trade or what have you. I wonder what Crow ended up getting per year? Guessing around $2.0-$2.5 million.
    BEST DRINK I'VE EVER HAD...PERIOD!
    GO CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

vCash
    Excellent deal, glad to have him locked up for a few years. Time for him to turn into an All-Star now
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

vCash
    Sweet deal. Next season will be the first since Khabi left that we know who the starting goaltender will be (not should be).

The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

vCash
    Great that they got a deal done and if its between 2.5-2.6 I like it even more. It is also weird because now going into next season we know Crawford is the guy and we don't have to keep flip flopping goalies until someone gets hot

vCash
    Really happy with this one especially seeing as it is a decent 3 year deal. We have our goal position locked up with a pretty promising young kid and now we can switch focus to the rest of the team and not having this looming over our head or Corey's.

vCash
    Solid signing all around.

I was expecting 3 - 4 years around 2.5Mil

Fair deal. Now to get Frolik and Campoli signed, I'm guessing these are the next two we see locked up unless a current RFA takes a dirt cheap deal.

vCash

Way to go Lil' Bowman

This is a great signing. Crawford is the real deal... Hawks owners and management are using the Detroit plan here. A solid goalie surrounded with a great cast will do it. You dont need to spend major bucks on a goalie. Christobal Huet anyone??? Crow paid his dues in the minors and then made his mark. Yet..already seeing postings (other sites) bringing up the Niemi crap. Okay... news flash to those who cant let the Niemi thing go.. Goaltending was our biggest strength this year.. our D group for the most part...sucked the first part of the season. As did the forwards. Without Crow... this team is no where near the playoffs. Niemi walked away from a 3 year 6 million dollar deal. Oh well.. his problem. His agent was talking in the 3-4 million/year range. Hes a good goalie... now playing on a stacked San Jose team. Great.. enough. Now that Crow is locked up.. time to wheel/deal. Next thing.. sign Frolik and Campoli...STAT!!! Both those guys were taylor made to play in our system. Nick Hammer-Jammer needs to be traded. Campoli does what Hammer can do and more. Bowman overpaid for Hammer on the knee jerk signing after the San Jose thing.. One of the current big salary D is going to go. Nick is my pick. I would move Soupy.. but his cap number is a monster. Soupy is a darn good player, but not at the 6-7 million hes getting. I could see Hammer and Kopecsky (sp?) going in a package. Also Ryan Johnson needs to be re-signed. He brings a John Madden style leadership/experience to the team. Getting Crow signed early was huge.. now time to shore up the forward lines. Need a little nasty on the edge. No goons.. just some size/nasty. I bet Brouwer has a big year as does Bickell. Bickell has the makings of something special. Hes starting to put his scoring touch together with his size. Bickell has great hands.. Hes got a wicked wrister that he likes to rip from the circles. He then started hitting big time at the end of the year and in the playoffs. Hes got 20+ goals all over him. Then comes the Patrick Kane issue... WTH do you do with him...?? He needs to take another step in his game.. he needs some "go get it" with his skill.

vCash
    ^^^

+1

Love what you posted 1990. I do believe though that dealing Kopy along with Hammer isn't going to bring anything...maybe. Hammer alone with bring something, but it would almost have to be a throw in, for them to take Kopy too! We got a bunch of picks and prospects. No do we just try to package a huge deal and someone take on Soupy's contract? Guess time will only tell.
    BEST DRINK I'VE EVER HAD...PERIOD!
    GO CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

vCash
    Great news, we don't have to worry about our a goaltending situation for a long time now.

vCash
    They signed Salak as well.

The Chicago Blackhawks have signed goalie prospect Alexander Salak to a two-year deal worth about $600,000 per year, according to a source familiar with the situation.

The Blackhawks have yet to make an official announcement regarding the deal.

Salak, 24, was acquired in a trade with the Florida Panthers in February for Jack Skille and other prospects. The Blackhawks also acquired Michael Frolik in the trade.

Salak made his NHL debut in 2009, appearing in two games for the Panthers. He was loaned to Färjestad BK of the Swedish Elite League for the 2010-11 season.

The deal is a one-way contract, according to the source. It makes Salak the front-runner to be Corey Crawford's back-up. Crawford signed a three-year contract extension Thursday.

A one-way contract means Salak is paid his NHL salary whether he plays for the Blackhawks or in the AHL. A two-way deal is when a player receives a minor league salary if he's playing in the minors and his NHL salary if he's in the majors.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nh...ory?id=6570139
    Last edited by b1e9a8r5s; 05-20-2011 at 02:54 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast