Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34

Thread: Jagr

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    78
    vCash
    1500
    I would love for Jagr to come back and play with Sid or Geno

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    33,930
    vCash
    2766
    The Jaromir Jagr race had one less team Friday morning after the Pittsburgh Penguins withdrew their one-year, $2 million offer to the veteran forward just minutes before the free-agent market was set to open at noon ET.

    "We made what we thought was a very fair contract offer to Jaromir on Tuesday, based on his stated interest of returning to the Penguins," general manager Ray Shero said in a statement. "We made our best offer from the start, given our salary cap structure, in an attempt to facilitate a deal.

    "But now, after several days, with an extended time frame for making a decision, and additional teams getting involved, we have decided to move in a different direction. It was never our intention to get involved in a free agent bidding war, and we have to focus on our team.

    "Jaromir is one of the greatest players in Penguins history, and we wish him all the best."

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6729503
    Very disappointing IMO. He isn't the be all end all, but it coulda been some story had he played with Crosby and maybe even won a cup with us? Clearly it's about 1 of 2 things.

    1. Wants more money
    2. Has no desire to play with us.

    This almost sounds like the Arod fiasco, just not on as high a scale. He wants more money and his agent is saying that there are more teams interested.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    16
    vCash
    1500
    once again jagr shows his true colors . I am so glad they passed on this guy. They got kennedy cheap and now need to resign jeffery and one healthy scratch guy and we are set.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    592
    vCash
    1500
    Maybe Jagr felt we were offering him too much money after the whole "I would play for the league minimum for Mario" if he signs with Philly things are going to get really ugly.



    CITY OF CHAMPIONS....and the Buccos

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    33,930
    vCash
    2766
    Quote Originally Posted by MG3 View Post
    Maybe Jagr felt we were offering him too much money after the whole "I would play for the league minimum for Mario" if he signs with Philly things are going to get really ugly.
    Is Philly rumored?

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,321
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bigt6703 View Post
    once again jagr shows his true colors . I am so glad they passed on this guy. They got kennedy cheap and now need to resign jeffery and one healthy scratch guy and we are set.
    shows his true colors pens withdrew there offer. I dislike the flyers more than an y other team but what did you expect him to do he wants to play in nhl so he took best offer we walked away from him this time

  7. 07-01-2011, 02:36 PM
    Reason
    Baiting

  8. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    3,634
    vCash
    1500
    This is really gonna heat up this rivalry. And now with Talbot signing I can't wait for the first game. I'm not really pumped about the Jagr signing moreso because I can't really understand it. Ehh, maybe in a couple days.
    Last edited by dbroncos78087; 07-01-2011 at 11:31 PM.

  9. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    33,930
    vCash
    2766
    Clearly a money move for Jagr. He never cared about the Pens as he once claimed he did.
    I have lost all respect for him.

  10. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    412
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by t2a2e9j12 View Post
    shows his true colors pens withdrew there offer. I dislike the flyers more than an y other team but what did you expect him to do he wants to play in nhl so he took best offer we walked away from him this time
    Shero withdrew his offer because free agency was about to begin and he couldn't waste his time and perceived cap space waiting for Jaromir Jagr to make up his mind.

    Jags said he wanted to finish his career with Pittsburgh. The Pens made an offer. Jagr once again proved to be an effective replacement for a feminine hygene product and strung the Pens along until Shero couldn't wait anymore for his decision.

    I can't wait for the first Pens/Flyers game. I very much hope that Matt Cooke or Brooks Orpik gives Jagr flashbacks of Jarkko Ruutu.

    And to any Flyers fan that decides to troll the Pens boards, I really hope you enjoy the 10 goals Talbot gives you for that $9mil

  11. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    412
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyPhan8790 View Post
    This is really gonna heat up this rivalry. And now with Talbot signing I can't wait for the first game. I'm not really pumped about the Jagr signing moreso because I can't really understand it. Ehh, maybe in a couple days.
    The Jagr signing and the overpayment for Talbot both strike me as moves made more to spite the Pens than smart hockey moves.

    I really do hope that Mad Max has a long and productive career, but he's making about twice what he should a year. He got very lucky being a free agent in one of the worst classes in recent memory.
    Last edited by dbroncos78087; 07-01-2011 at 11:31 PM.

  12. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    3,667
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Shero withdrew his offer because free agency was about to begin and he couldn't waste his time and perceived cap space waiting for Jaromir Jagr to make up his mind.

    Jags said he wanted to finish his career with Pittsburgh. The Pens made an offer. Jagr once again proved to be an effective replacement for a feminine hygene product and strung the Pens along until Shero couldn't wait anymore for his decision.

    I can't wait for the first Pens/Flyers game. I very much hope that Matt Cooke or Brooks Orpik gives Jagr flashbacks of Jarkko Ruutu.

    And to any Flyers fan that decides to troll the Pens boards, I really hope you enjoy the 10 goals Talbot gives you for that $9mil
    Averaging out that $9 over 5 years is a pretty fair salary cap hit considering that Talbot's basically an emotional/physical role player, not a scorer.


    Happy Summer 2014. Welcome it in with half an hour of awesome, courtesy of yours truly - Patrick Montgomery - and my new EDM megamix, Why You Heff to Bang Mad?

  13. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    55,228
    vCash
    1500
    I'm glad we got Sullivan over Jagr. Also resigning TK was huge to me. Talbot it sucks he went to Philly but w/e






  14. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    412
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MacManus View Post
    Averaging out that $9 over 5 years is a pretty fair salary cap hit considering that Talbot's basically an emotional/physical role player, not a scorer.
    He hasn't been remotely physical or emotional in the past 2 seasons either. He's a big personality, but he is a real detriment to a team when he's not emotionally invested in playing. He was awful down the stretch this season and during the playoffs.

    For a guy who was supposed to be an emotional leader, he disappeared when the team needed him the most.

    I hope he gets his game back. But just not during the games against Pittsburgh.

  15. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,116
    vCash
    1500
    I could honestly post a whole narrative on this whole ordeal but I'll try and keep it as short as possible.

    Jagr had everyone in Pittsburgh fooled, spewing lie after lie. Saying he wanted to repay Lemieux, playing for league minimum, wanting to fix the relationship with the fans/franchise etc. and it all turned out to be lies. Him returning to the NHL, and now the Flyers, was for two possible reasons: 1) He wanted to be "the guy" on a team which just traded its big guns. 2) He really had animosity towards the Pens and the fans and this was the best way to go about it.

    This signing had nothing to do with money. He could have made more money staying in the KHL or signing with a different team (his agent said a team offered over 6mil... I doubt it but whatever). Add this to the fact that the offer was only for a million or so more and money is now ruled out.

    If he wants to be "the guy" on the Flyers, good luck with that. As much as I hate the Flyers (even before signing Talbot) they have a lot of quality players in Giroux, Briere, JVR and others. There was no way he was going to get that here, this is clearly Crosbys team and Malkin after that, Jagr wouldnt have even worn an A.

    The only other possible explanation I can see would be to seek revenge for all the hard feelings when he left. If Jagr really waited this many years to sign with the Flyers at the age of 40 to spite us, well congratulations, that is pretty pathetic. You are the second best player to ever wear the jersey and would have had your number retired (only Lemieux and Briere right now) but instead you burned your last bridge and will go down as one of the most hated athletes in Pittsburgh history.

    That all being said, I really don't understand this signing for the Flyers. They went from a Cup contender to a playoff contender after the two recent trades. While they may be better in the longrun for the trades, signing Jagr implies they think they can win the Cup now, which they cant. Too many young guys who still need to develop and Jagr only takes minutes away from them, delaying the process. Not only does Jagr not make sense, they have a similar player in Zherdev, who was benched for at least half the season. A ton of skill but he is also lazy and can be "moody," I dont get it. They have a younger Jagr (no, I'm not saying Zherdev will be as good) but they didnt play him last season.

    As a whole, everything would have worked out better if Jagr just signed here. He becomes loved again, has his number retired, and maybe even wins a Cup before retiring. The Flyers save some cap, let younger guys take the role, and dont add age to a young roster

  16. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,187
    vCash
    1500
    Really don't care about Jagr, Pens kept the offer on the table way too long. Deadline was Wednesday, when there was no response pull the deal. A little bit of poor management there but they rebounded well signing Kennedy and Sullivan.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •