Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jagr

Hybrid View

vCash

Jagr

I'm sure some of you have heard that there has been "mutual interest" (I'm not sure how true that is) between the Pens and Jagr for a return. My question is, would you guys want him to return and if so, for how long and how much? If not, why?

As it is now, I would be fine with Jagr returning for 1 maybe 2 years for no more than 1.5mil. Apparently he still has some skill and could contribute in the NHL, especially on a wing with Sid or Malkin. If he were to come in, contribute, and mend some of the feelings here, I think it would go a long way for his legacy

vCash
    for the right price and if the attitude is there to work and be part of the team and system and for the right price it would be an excelent idea and would be an awesome way to fix the way he left and to finnish his career here would be truely great for one of my all time favorite all time penguins

vCash
    Sure he can return, 1 day contract. Throw him a ceremony and put his jersey in the rafters. He may or may not have something left but I prefer we don't take this chance. Making peace with him and retiring his number is the right thing to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burgh_fan66 View Post
    Sure he can return, 1 day contract. Throw him a ceremony and put his jersey in the rafters. He may or may not have something left but I prefer we don't take this chance. Making peace with him and retiring his number is the right thing to do.
    Such a diplomat Burgh lol

vCash
    Apparently coming back to Pittsburgh is one-sided at this point:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11137/1147183-100.stm

vCash
    I think the nostalgia would wear off rather quickly. Eveyone keeps talking about how great he WAS, and that is in no way, shape, or form open for debate. He was arguably the 2nd best Penguin ever.

Times have changed though. He would be 40 in Feb/ 2012, and as good a player as he was, nobody can outplay father-time.( Chelios being the lone exception ..lol) He is a guy who has been an elite player, the go-to guy, for the majority of his career, and I'm not sure he handles mediocrity well. I could very well be wrong, but I don't think so. I think he would come over, and after maybe 20 games, pull the plug.............

I think Burgh Fan66 summed it up perfectly......................

vCash
    That very well might be the case Taffi but a lot of GM's (so I've heard) still think he could do very well in the NHL. Maybe give him an incentive laden contract for 1 maybe 2 years and see if he can still play. If he can't, oh well, we tried and it didn't cost much. If it does, feelings are mended and we pick up a former great

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27 View Post
    That very well might be the case Taffi but a lot of GM's (so I've heard) still think he could do very well in the NHL. Maybe give him an incentive laden contract for 1 maybe 2 years and see if he can still play. If he can't, oh well, we tried and it didn't cost much. If it does, feelings are mended and we pick up a former great
    He may be able to still play, ( I haven't followed anything about him since he left and went to the KHL..... did check out his numbers and they are good)and if he is the most viable option for the team, then I absolutely agree with you, as long as it's on a 1 yr deal. I'm not sure what his ego would allow for contract terms, he may take an incentive laden deal, but I doubt he takes league minimum like I've heard, but you never know. If he is honest and true, and wants to have that one "reconcilliation year", and put his best foot forward, and "play", then you know, he may be able to throw up a 25 goal season. (he would need lots of PP time, and a return from Sid and Gino) but if it's just a case of Jagr wanting to come back and it being a PR thing, then forget it.

vCash
    1 year deal put his on Malkins line and get the cup back

vCash
    If these guys stay healthy next season, with the addiciton of Jagr, 82-0. Calling it! (:

vCash
    Haha I would love to think so

vCash
    guys, if you think that THIS MAN

has nothing left in the tank, you're crazy.

in case you didn't watch what he did to the USA team in the World Championships here is the link. keep in mind, these are NHL'ers he's playing against.

if he comes back to Pitt this year n plays w Croz or Geno he can damn well net 30 goals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by swissle View Post
    guys, if you think that THIS MAN

has nothing left in the tank, you're crazy.

in case you didn't watch what he did to the USA team in the World Championships here is the link. keep in mind, these are NHL'ers he's playing against.

if he comes back to Pitt this year n plays w Croz or Geno he can damn well net 30 goals.
    Very possible, but I'll take the under....

vCash
    While we're at it, bring back Alexei Morozov too!

vCash
    How about Milan Kraft?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast