Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    vCash
    He'd be a great pickup. Him and Pon would be a nice backup tandem at the 2 and 3 slots I believe. I would rather trade away one of the point guards if possible, but I realize that Cunningham makes 2 mil and that might be what we have to shed. It'd be nice to keep Cunningham just in case something happened to one of our bigs..

vCash
    Don't want to give up Cunningham. Brings so much energy to the floor. Nobody else does it for this team.
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

HERE'S TO THE 2014-2015 SEASON !! GO GRIZZ !!!

vCash
    you'll be surprised at how good ellington plays for you, assuming the trade goes through (sounds like it's going to).

he was my favourite college player, so good to watch. excellent shooter, and solid perimeter defender, always gives 100%.

if he gets solid and consistent minutes, could be a very handy pick up.

vCash
    OJ's going to Dallas...we have basically finalized a deal sending Cunningham for Wayne Ellington.

Ellington shot 40% from beyond the arc his first two seasons. He fell off last season to near 33%. If he can continue what he started as a pro then he could be a truly valuable asset for this team...

Good for OJ. I think Dallas gives him a good place to grow as a pro.

I wouldn't be surprised if now we signed a prospect like Mitchell Watt and resign Haddadi.

Conley/Bayless/Selby
    TA/Ellington/Wroten
    Rudy/Q
    Zbo/DA
    Marc/Speights

Key Reserves: Haddadi/Watt/Pargo

This seems like a realistic view on who will be on our roster at the beginning of the season...I'm actually very happy about this lineup. I think we can do great things next year.
    Last edited by J Falk; 07-16-2012 at 11:52 PM.

vCash
    Yeah i think the team will be so much more improved with a knockdown shooter on it! Congrats to Mayo going to a team that will give him the role he deserves

vCash
    whats the deal with gilbert arenas??? no one is talking about this guy

vCash
    selby has definitely earned mins this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aboogz89 View Post
    whats the deal with gilbert arenas??? no one is talking about this guy

Many grizz fans thought at the beginning of the offseason that he would be resigned to a smaller contract and be a reserve off the bench. With the acquisition of Jerryd Bayless, the drafting of Tony Wroten,and the emergence of Josh Selby, i dont see us retaining Gilbert.

Kind of a logjam at pg position

Conley, Wroten, Pargo, Selby, Bayless

Can play 1 or 2

Quote Originally Posted by Aboogz89 View Post
    selby has definitely earned mins this year
    I agree, i hope he gets his chance real soon

vCash
    josh selby is shooting over 70% from beyond the arc in summer league...I think he wants Cunningham to stay..lol

vCash
    Haha yeah i agree, i dont want to give up on Cunningham either.

vCash
    Grizzlies trade G Jeremy Pargo, a 2014 second-round pick and cash to Cleveand for G/F D.J. Kennedy.
    If ever there was a trade that had no fantasy relevance, it's this one. Both players will spend most of their time on the bench for their new teams.
    Source: Rotoworld

Can't really tell you guys anything about Kennedy. To be honest, I forgot he even got signed at the end of the year. To be exact the last 2 games of the year.

I know Pargo didn't play much for you guys last year, but in those games did he show the ability to not be a complete waste in roughly 10 mpg? The Cavs don't really have anyone behind Irving.

vCash
    not sure the logic behind this move. I know Kennedy from his St. Johns days, He is a slasher type of guard.

heres a link: http://wreg.com/2012/07/25/grizzlies...-to-cleveland/

Kennedy showed the ability to score some points in the D-league, we will see how it transfers.

Highlight vid of his college days--->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e0xbis7DDI

On a side note, does this mean a vet like Arenas will be resigned?
    Last edited by MrfadeawayJB; 07-26-2012 at 12:51 AM.

vCash
    This move was made soley on the basis of money. We are currently over the tax threshold, and Kennedy got paid $26,000(YES 26k) last year. He won't play one minute for us, but atleast the FO isn't wasting a bunch of money(probably 2 million extra dollars) on Pargo.

I don't feel like we need another point guard. We got Bayless, Wroten and Selby. That should suffice.

As for the Cav fan wondering about Pargo. I liked Pargo a lot. You can't really take last year into account too much because it was basically his rookie year. Watch his highlight tape and you will see the type of play he is capable of. He's not a shooter or great defender, but he can handle the ball with the best of them and he is great at driving to the basket. The Grizzlies had to let go of 2 good players this offseason(Cunningham and Pargo) simply because we have no use for them and we can't afford them.

When we're letting players like this go for basically nothing you know we have a good team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J Falk View Post
    This move was made soley on the basis of money. We are currently over the tax threshold, and Kennedy got paid $26,000(YES 26k) last year. He won't play one minute for us, but atleast the FO isn't wasting a bunch of money(probably 2 million extra dollars) on Pargo.

I don't feel like we need another point guard. We got Bayless, Wroten and Selby. That should suffice.

As for the Cav fan wondering about Pargo. I liked Pargo a lot. You can't really take last year into account too much because it was basically his rookie year. Watch his highlight tape and you will see the type of play he is capable of. He's not a shooter or great defender, but he can handle the ball with the best of them and he is great at driving to the basket. The Grizzlies had to let go of 2 good players this offseason(Cunningham and Pargo) simply because we have no use for them and we can't afford them.

When we're letting players like this go for basically nothing you know we have a good team.
    exactly what i was thinking. These guys could be very good complimentary players for thier new teams

vCash
    Hamed Hadaddi resigned

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...hamed-haddadi/

details to come

Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast