Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrfadeawayJB View Post
    I do like what Bayless brings to the team though. Scoring ability (off the bench, a role he is used to) and size at pg. Memphis needs this badly to battle the Westbrooks and Paul's of the western conference
    He'll bring toughness and fearlessness for sure. Sometimes he gets a little out of control but he's a solid pickup for you guys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrfadeawayJB View Post
    I do like what Bayless brings to the team though. Scoring ability (off the bench, a role he is used to) and size at pg. Memphis needs this badly to battle the Westbrooks and Paul's of the western conference
    There's a lot of people in Raptor Nation that wanted to see what Bayless could do as a starter. He played way better as a starter than off the bench, but a lot of that also had to do with injuries. There were times last year that our roster was super depleted and Bayless would hobble up and down the court refusing to sit.
    Great heart. Don't count on him being happy off the bench though, he's got a pretty big chip on his shoulder. I think he's the type of player that can add a lot to a roster that's already winning though.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    great pickup guys and so excited about this. if given some playing time this guy could really be a starter... do we still intend to pick some more players? Do we keep our backup C Haddadi? hopefully Gilbert stays for minimal contract as well. Azubuike, House and Redd available maybe, hope we could get 1 of them.

vCash
    Looks like the only additions we might add is a spot up shooter and a backup C.

Maybe keep Hadaddi, but we might just have speights be backup C and Arthur backup pf... Bayless helps with outside shooting but i still want a knockdown shooter.

vCash
    I wouldn't close the book on OJ yet. We have his bird rights so it's still possible for us to resign him...We could even package him, pargo, and cunningham up for a shooter and a backup center. That would be ideal.

Phoenix is said to have a lot of interest. They have a roster full of shooters and a need for depth players(like cunningham and pargo). Also, they probably have the most cap space of any team in the NBA right now.

We could send them OJ, Pargo, and Cunningham (roughly 10 mil in cap space; nearly 6 mil of that over the luxury tax(OJ's contract)). In return, we get Jared Dudley(41% 3pt shooter) and a 1st round pick(now that they have so many). His salary is 4 mil, so that puts us back under the tax threshold; it also gives us that much needed long-range shooter we've needed and allows Bayless to play his true position.

This is just one of many examples...there are so many teams that want OJ and could use role players like Cunningham and Pargo...let's get something done Wallace! I applaud you for the Bayless pickup but he doesn't solve the shooting woes

vCash
    hey there, chicago fan here

would you guys be interested in a S&T involving OJ and Kyle Korver? does the interest you?
    if the bulls pick up thyr option KK's contract for this year will be 5 mil and he will be a free agent at the end of the season

Get ready for number 7 !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayonatan View Post
    hey there, chicago fan here

would you guys be interested in a S&T involving OJ and Kyle Korver? does the interest you?
    if the bulls pick up thyr option KK's contract for this year will be 5 mil and he will be a free agent at the end of the season
    I would love to do a sign and trade for Korver....you all would have to take on a couple other contracts though so we can get back under the luxury tax threshold...Dante Cunninham and Pargo combine to make about 3 mil next year so we'd have to package them up along with OJ.

I think ya'll would in turn have to send us a 1st round pick and Korver..Cunningham is a really good player and Pargo has a lot of potential...ya'll would be happy with this trade, we just don't have room for them on the squad anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J Falk View Post
    I would love to do a sign and trade for Korver....you all would have to take on a couple other contracts though so we can get back under the luxury tax threshold...Dante Cunninham and Pargo combine to make about 3 mil next year so we'd have to package them up along with OJ.

I think ya'll would in turn have to send us a 1st round pick and Korver..Cunningham is a really good player and Pargo has a lot of potential...ya'll would be happy with this trade, we just don't have room for them on the squad anymore.
    yeah, but we don't have the cap room.... our FO is very much against getting in or over the luxury tax area....

Get ready for number 7 !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J Falk View Post
    I wouldn't close the book on OJ yet. We have his bird rights so it's still possible for us to resign him...We could even package him, pargo, and cunningham up for a shooter and a backup center. That would be ideal.

Phoenix is said to have a lot of interest. They have a roster full of shooters and a need for depth players(like cunningham and pargo). Also, they probably have the most cap space of any team in the NBA right now.

We could send them OJ, Pargo, and Cunningham (roughly 10 mil in cap space; nearly 6 mil of that over the luxury tax(OJ's contract)). In return, we get Jared Dudley(41% 3pt shooter) and a 1st round pick(now that they have so many). His salary is 4 mil, so that puts us back under the tax threshold; it also gives us that much needed long-range shooter we've needed and allows Bayless to play his true position.

This is just one of many examples...there are so many teams that want OJ and could use role players like Cunningham and Pargo...let's get something done Wallace! I applaud you for the Bayless pickup but he doesn't solve the shooting woes
    I would love to do this deal. However with Arthur's history of injuries, i would consider trading Pargo and Pondexter instead and keeping Cunningham. I woujld absolutley love having a guy like Jared Dudley on this team. He reminds me of Shane Battier in so many ways

vCash
    I thought Chicago was OK on cap room?? I might be wrong though...but yeah a deal like this wouldn't be possible unless the team had cap space...that's why I think Phoenix would be perfect...

I agree with you on Dudley...great 3pt shooter that plays hard nose D. He can play both the 2 and 3. The only thing about keeping Cunningham over Pon is that Cunningham gets paid more; I don't think sending off Pons contract would get us under the threshold.

Anyways...Speights can handle the minutes at both backups I believe if he had to...

If only Chris Wallace was as smart as me...lmao

vCash
    Trade Rumors involving Wolves

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...nd-guard-sour/

Looking to get possibly Webster, Ellington, or Wesley Johnson for Cunningham?

vCash
    Intriguing…Webster and Ellington have proven they can shoot the ball, but Johnson has potential to be a great player still. Atleast we’re trying to get something done.

vCash
    well i guess Webster was just waived by Minny. If we can sign him for cheap i say we go get him. He fits the need more than Ellington imo because he can play sf

vCash
    I agree; I just hope he doesn't pull one of these again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRz0hfakFAw

lol...can we afford to sign him? we are basically dead even with the tax threshold.

vCash
    I think we can afford to sign him for cheap and stay under the threshold as long as we trade a contract like Cunningham for a draft pick

Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast