Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    People have to remember that everybody and their momma know that the Griz want to unload Mayo. That does depreciate his value a bit+whatever move the Griz make ,they are trying to save money.
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J Falk View Post
    I say keep Mayo...didn't everybody see how he put the team on his shoulders in the playoffs, above all other guards atleast?? That's the kinda player we need...If someone wants Juice they better give us a lottery pick and either a good backup center or a knockdown shooter.

As for Rudy...there's NO WAY we trade him for anything less than a star, seeing that a star is what he is turning into. He's the best clutch player in the league IMO, and contrary to many beliefs, he doesn't have to have the ball all the time...him and ZBo have done just fine averaging 20 pts each..If you watched the Grizzlies as long as I have he'd be your favorite player and you wouldn't want him traded either..

And my opinion on Marc is that he definitely wants to come back to the team that he helped build...He's already proved millions of people wrong, why not continue doing the same thing with the team that had faith in you? He seems like a more loyal person than his douche bag brother anyway...

I'd be jealous if I was every other team in the league...The Grizzlies are set for years to come and will be contenders in the West for a LOOONGGG TIME...

See what happens when you do things the right way, the slow and steady way instead of buyin a bunch of stars and expect them to mesh well?? Memphis is on the map again baby.!!
    Game 4, when OJ hit that 3 ball, next play saves the play by hitting it off Harden's head, then hits another clutch 3. It gave me goosebumps when it happened, and I still get goosebumps thinking about it right now. When he realizes his potential.

Game over for the NBA.
    Last edited by lilojmayo; 05-24-2011 at 01:40 AM.

OJ Mayo 40 points 8 rebounds vs James Harden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV6DCFAfuDo

vCash
    Really i cant see why marc would want to leave, the only thing i can think of is if he lets his fellow spanyards fill his head with the old "michael heisley didnt treat us right" if you remember ricky rubio had said he did not want to play for memphis because jaun carlos navarro and pau felt disrespected there or whatever bs they felt mistreated. Wich if even if they were disrespected marc has been shown respect! Besides i would disrespect JCN too he was garbage!!!!! Anyways! And maybe if the rumors are true and jerry west did accept a job with the warriors he can throw us a bone like he did the lakers! OJ for Ellis, biedrins and #11 LOL hey he gave the lakers the homie hookup why not us!

vCash
    I say keep mayo and the whole team for another season...nothing beats chemistry and I've actually become a but of a fan since the dismantling of the spurs you guys displayed...rudy would've have taken you'll to the chip imo...with allen and battier you have most teams locked up on the perimeter...and with gasol and zbo gaining more and more understanding of each other you set in the middle...rudy and mayo can spread the D...maybe one or two small pieces off the bench would help but definitely not an absolute need
    Philadelphia Flyers Philadelphia Phillies
    Seattle Seahawks Cincinnati Bengals
    Phoenix Suns
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish Kansas Jayhawks

vCash
    First cleveland offers the 4th now toronto's bryan colangelo wanting rudy which would most likely mean offering the 5th, what is going on!?!? Just because the grizz had success with out gay why in the world would they assume hes available especiallY after heisley said NO! Does anyone know if the shoulder injury rudy had is one of those that the surgery will never permenantly fix? Cause thats the only way i see rudy being gone! And even if that is the case the 4th or 5th pick really?? Even if toronto came with a deal of bargnani, barbosa and the 5th it would still be a slap in the face!

vCash
    ^^^^^
    teams are just trying to rip us off like many percieved the lakers doing with the pau gasol trade.

I agree, Rudy is better than any player we can get with the 4th pick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrfadeawayJB View Post
    this. We dont need to change the roster that much. I do think OJ will need to be traded, because after next year, he will just walk away and we get nothing. We need to get a return on him, so a shooter/backup big will be nice, while clearing up space from Mayo/Battier/Jaric contracts will help us resign Gasol
    How does Kyle Korver and a future Charlotte first sound?

vCash
    Nope
    We'll keep Rudy
    It's not his shooting arm and he is young;healthy and HUNGRY to be in the Playoffs himself !!
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

HERE'S TO THE 2014-2015 SEASON !! GO GRIZZ !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drose View Post
    How does Kyle Korver and a future Charlotte first sound?
    sounds like a good start...

vCash
    ^ Not enough in my opinion if we do chose to trade him...Kyle Korver gets 5 mil a season...we can get a 3 pt shooter via free agency for less than that(Peja Stojakovic, Shawne Williams, Azuibuke, Reggie Williams, or Radmonovic are all possibly free agents this summer)...I think IF we trade OJ we should trade him for a big accomplished backup center(Deandre Jordan/Kaman, Memhet Okur, or Robin Lopez/Gortat might suffice)...we really need another good, big body..and Mayo's value has risen so much that I believe we can get a good one and possibly a 1st as well..

Or we could just keep OJ and sign an older guy that wants to make a last run with a good team...someone like Nazr Mohammed or Samuel Dalembert would probably sign for cheap and fit the role...Go GRIZ!

How bout this team:
    Conley/Vasques/Mayo
    Allen/Mayo/Henry
    Gay/Battier/Shawne Williams(U of M baby!)
    Randolph/Arthur/2nd round pick
    Gasol/Dalembert/Haddadi

We would absolutely tear it up...
    Last edited by J Falk; 05-26-2011 at 03:03 AM.

vCash
    ^ Not enough in my opinion if we do chose to trade him...Kyle Korver gets 5 mil a season...we can get a 3 pt shooter via free agency for less than that(Peja Stojakovic, Shawne Williams, Azuibuke, Reggie Williams, or Radmonovic are all possibly free agents this summer)...I think IF we trade OJ we should trade him for a big accomplished backup center(Deandre Jordan/Kaman, Memhet Okur, or Robin Lopez/Gortat might suffice)...we really need another good, big body..and Mayo's value has risen so much that I believe we can get a good one and possibly a 1st as well..

Or we could just keep OJ and sign an older guy that wants to make a last run with a good team...someone like Nazr Mohammed or Samuel Dalembert would probably sign for cheap and fit the role...Go GRIZ!How bout this team:
    Conley/Vasques/Mayo
    Allen/Mayo/Henry
    Gay/Battier/Shawne Williams(U of M baby!)
    Randolph/Arthur/2nd round pick
    Gasol/Dalembert/Haddadi

We would absolutely tear it up...

I actually think Shawne Williams would be a nice cheap option for us. I also like Reggie Williams as a shooter/6th man type. I think Peja will resign with dallas if he comes back and i def dont want radmonovic or azubuike.

A backup big is a good idea, but Deandre Jordan (FA) will get vastly overpaid in the range of (7-9 mil), while chris Kaman makes $12 mil next year and you dont pay a backup that much. Okur is not a good fit for us do to his style of play. I think our best bet is either Gortat or Lopez. Lopez is already a backup, and only makes $2.8 mil next year w/ a qualifying offer of $4 mil the year after. Gortat has a nice contract as well making $7 mil a year over the next few years, but he wont want to leave Nash.

Lastly Mohammed is gettable, but Dalembert prob not. I can almost gaurentee he goes to MIA for the mid level exception (assuming it exists after cba).

I have faith in the team and will support whatever decison they make. Go Grizz!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrfadeawayJB View Post
    I actually think Shawne Williams would be a nice cheap option for us. I also like Reggie Williams as a shooter/6th man type. I think Peja will resign with dallas if he comes back and i def dont want radmonovic or azubuike.

A backup big is a good idea, but Deandre Jordan (FA) will get vastly overpaid in the range of (7-9 mil), while chris Kaman makes $12 mil next year and you dont pay a backup that much. Okur is not a good fit for us do to his style of play. I think our best bet is either Gortat or Lopez. Lopez is already a backup, and only makes $2.8 mil next year w/ a qualifying offer of $4 mil the year after. Gortat has a nice contract as well making $7 mil a year over the next few years, but he wont want to leave Nash.

Lastly Mohammed is gettable, but Dalembert prob not. I can almost gaurentee he goes to MIA for the mid level exception (assuming it exists after cba).

I have faith in the team and will support whatever decison they make. Go Grizz!!!
    I think the Grizzlies are at the point where they need an established 3-point shooter in Korver. Save a few bucks on that trade to re-sign Gasol.

vCash
    I would like to resign Marc Gasol, I don't see why Gasol wants to leave as he seems to be happy with Grizz Nation. I think he will get better & he's the one who helped Z-Bo to clear the path to score quickly, which make him looks easy.
    There's no doubt that Rudy Gay will NOT trade. I love how he do for the Grizz Nation. One of my favorite player to watch & I love how he beat the buzzer & in his face of LeBron James for the win. Anyhoo, we would beat Thunder's ***** if Rudy Gay is playing. Heck, we might even beat Mavs! Tough to see Rudy Gay not play his first playoff for Grizzlies, but he will be back next season, hopefully there's no NBA LOCKOUT.
    I personally would like to trade Sam Young, & Henry, keep Battier & Mayo. We will need backup C and backup SG. I like Tony Allen as starter SG, his killer defender is good enough. I don't mind if we get Kaman or Jordan from Clippers & "Birdman" Anderson from Nuggets because of his defense. I'm not sure about backup SG, I was thinking Jamal Crawford from Hawks...

vCash
    ^^with TA and OJ here we don't really need to worry about a backup SG...and I still say hold onto Xavier for another year and see how he progresses, the guy's only 20.

You're definitely, probably right about Dalembert, but who really knows??

So would you then be happy if we recieved Brooke Lopez and the 13th overall for Mayo and Haddadi? This move would allow us to resign Battier, Gasol, bring back Sam and get a Shawne Williams type player 4sure...we could then spend that 13th on a Jimmer Fredette type pg/sg that can come in and change the game with his shot..

Conley/Vasq/Jimmer
    TA/Sam/Henry
    Rudy/Shane/Shawne W
    ZBo/DA
    Marc/Robin Lopez/draft pick

I really like the sound of this as well...I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens...and these damn lockouts are going to drive me crazy before long!!! agghh!!!

vCash
    ^^with TA and OJ here we don't really need to worry about a backup SG...and I still say hold onto Xavier for another year and see how he progresses, the guy's only 20.

You're definitely, probably right about Dalembert, but who really knows??

So would you then be happy if we recieved Brooke Lopez and the 13th overall for Mayo and Haddadi? This move would allow us to resign Battier, Gasol, bring back Sam and get a Shawne Williams type player 4sure...we could then spend that 13th on a Jimmer Fredette type pg/sg that can come in and change the game with his shot..

Conley/Vasq/Jimmer
    TA/Sam/Henry
    Rudy/Shane/Shawne W
    ZBo/DA
    Marc/Robin Lopez/draft pick

I really like the sound of this as well...I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens...and these damn lockouts are going to drive me crazy before long!!! agghh!!!
    yes this trade sounds good to me. I would prefer to get a proven shooter like Kyle Korver, but there are a few FA out there (Shawne Williams) who could also fit the role. Maybe try to steal a guy like DaeQuan Cook from the thunder, or Deshawn stevenson from dallas. There are always D-League talents out there for shooting (ie, Gary Neal), so who knows. I would do that OJ & Haddadi trade for Lopez & 13th pick. who knows maybe we could convince phx that this draft is weak and we also want a future 2nd rd pick.

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast