Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrfadeawayJB View Post

If heisley will humble himself to do so... I would like to see OJ go to the eastern conference so we dont have to see him too much
    Well let's make this happen then. Who do you guys want back?

vCash
    Asik, Korver and a pick.........I believe that was the last consensus here??
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

HERE'S TO THE 2014-2015 SEASON !! GO GRIZZ !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mzgrizz View Post
    Asik, Korver and a pick.........I believe that was the last consensus here??
    absolutley... for those bulls fans saying they are giving up too much shooting, well OJ is a great shooter, just a little bit streaky. Now the Bulls can go sign somone like James Jones for shooting purposes....memphis needs a big and a shooter, picks might be necessary as well

vCash
    I still don't know if I'd be ok giving up OJ and his potential for these guys...It'd be nice to get a guy with potential as well...I think the FO will wait until the trade deadline to decide whether they should give up on a potential star...

My guess is that we keep this team together, and seeing that they offered haddadi 2 mil to play this season, I'm guessing they have faith in him as the backup center...

We will probably win 50 games next season and the front office will be extremely happy they didn't break up the team chemistry...

If we don't make a trade I think we will definitely need to get a Erick Dampier type player via free agency...

Conley, Vasq, Selby
    TA, Mayo, Henry
    Rudy, Battier, Sam
    ZBo, DA, Powe
    Gasol, Haddadi, Dampier

We can cut Ish too...but who knows, we may not be able to afford this many good players after the lockout...
    Last edited by J Falk; 07-02-2011 at 01:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J Falk View Post
    I still don't know if I'd be ok giving up OJ and his potential for these guys...It'd be nice to get a guy with potential as well...I think the FO will wait until the trade deadline to decide whether they should give up on a potential star...

My guess is that we keep this team together, and seeing that they offered haddadi 2 mil to play this season, I'm guessing they have faith in him as the backup center...

We will probably win 50 games next season and the front office will be extremely happy they didn't break up the team chemistry...

If we don't make a trade I think we will definitely need to get a Erick Dampier type player via free agency...

Conley, Vasq, Selby
    TA, Mayo, Henry
    Rudy, Battier, Sam
    ZBo, DA, Powe
    Gasol, Haddadi, Dampier

We can cut Ish too...but who knows, we may not be able to afford this many good players after the lockout...
    I understand what you are saying, and based on skill level, i would love to keep OJ. We do need to acquire a knockdown shooter though. (OJ is a little streaky) The problem is if OJ stays, he is a 1 yr rental, and then he will walk in FA. I would like to get skill back for him. Asik has potential to be a good big man, Korver does what Korver does, and a future pick would sweeten the deal

vCash

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MrfadeawayJB View Post
    just not doing for me personally
    I know alot of fans have some magical Idea that yall gonna make some blockbuster trade using Mayo, but it aint gonna happen. From the readings I've ran across, you all are not trying to take on much salary and definitely nothing longterm. Using Mayo to acquire some inexpensive "glue pieces" will be the most likely move. Toney Douglas(strokes da 3+plays good D) is better than anything yall have backing conley up and please don't say grievis is better than TD. Turiaf is a very good back-up center/energy big+both guys have expiring contracts. Not the sexy move, but it's good basketball move..whether it does it for you personally or not.
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SluggeR View Post
    I know alot of fans have some magical Idea that yall gonna make some blockbuster trade using Mayo, but it aint gonna happen. From the readings I've ran across, you all are not trying to take on much salary and definitely nothing longterm. Using Mayo to acquire some inexpensive "glue pieces" will be the most likely move. Toney Douglas(strokes da 3+plays good D) is better than anything yall have backing conley up and please don't say grievis is better than TD. Turiaf is a very good back-up center/energy big+both guys have expiring contracts. Not the sexy move, but it's good basketball move..whether it does it for you personally or not.
    I am not saying that this deal is absolutley horrible, just that we might be able to fetch more from some other team. I like Turiaf and Douglass. Douglass does provide outside shooting, but another small guard. I think coach hollins likes having Vasquez or maybe soon to be Selby at a backup pg role. They can defend the bigger guards better than conley. Toney Douglass is just too little, and i dont know how that would fit....although i do like the 6th man potential he has ....(ie JJ Barea...i can dream cant I."

vCash
    ^^^Vasquez provides energy, but he can't stroke it nor play defense like TD. What does TD's height have to do with anything(Ish got burn)? TD could be the griz's Barea, but with more defense. There is no guarantee Selby is gonna get enough burn to keep him on the roster(may let him develop in the D-League). This is a playoff team now, I'm sure yall will like to add pieces that will come in and contribute. I would even throw Bill Walker, yall know yall need some 3point shooters. TD and Walker can provide that. Three contributing players that have expiring contracts for guy the world know yall wanna get rid of, not a bad deal if you ask me.

NYK: Mayo/Filler(draft pick)

Griz: TD/Turiaf/Bill Walker
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    Is there anyway the Bulls can acquire Mayo without giving up Asik?

Maybe Korver + Bulls 2012 1st Round Pick + Cash for OJ Mayo?
    Last edited by BullsFTW; 07-15-2011 at 01:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFTW View Post
    Is there anyway the Bulls can acquire Mayo without giving up Asik?

Maybe Korver + Bulls 2012 1st Round Pick + Cash for OJ Mayo?
    Asik has to be PART of the deal IMO
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

HERE'S TO THE 2014-2015 SEASON !! GO GRIZZ !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SluggeR View Post
    ^^^Vasquez provides energy, but he can't stroke it nor play defense like TD. What does TD's height have to do with anything(Ish got burn)? TD could be the griz's Barea, but with more defense. There is no guarantee Selby is gonna get enough burn to keep him on the roster(may let him develop in the D-League). This is a playoff team now, I'm sure yall will like to add pieces that will come in and contribute. I would even throw Bill Walker, yall know yall need some 3point shooters. TD and Walker can provide that. Three contributing players that have expiring contracts for guy the world know yall wanna get rid of, not a bad deal if you ask me.

NYK: Mayo/Filler(draft pick)

Griz: TD/Turiaf/Bill Walker

Well Ish wont be on the team next year imo, and i dont watch the knicks alot but can TD really be good at defense, when the knicks have very few defensive players in general? Walker and Turiaf do display some skills the grizz fo would covet, but they are injury prone. Most Grizz fans want to keep OJ, which is just not a smart decision because he is a FA next season, and would cringe at the idea of not getting back a household name in this deal. I dont mind this deal, but i think a team will pony up a little bit more (i'm looking at you chicago!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mzgrizz View Post
    Asik has to be PART of the deal IMO
    Asik is coveted by us Grizz fans, however a first round pick in 2012 (although later in first round) would yield us a very talented player (if we draft right ).

How about

OJ Mayo + Hadaddi

for

Korver + Asik + 2012 first rounder

vCash
    orlando fan here.
    anyone you guys want for oj?
    besides dwight :P

vCash
    ^^^

JJ Redick intrigues me as an outside shooter. I also like Brandon Bass, but we have a better version of him in Darrell Arthur. I really dont think you guys have a solid package you can put together for us at this point in time.

vCash
    you like bass over anderson o.O

i watched a few games of the grizzles when the magic were done in the playoffs
    and z bo was taking off imo

and since he is probably your top 2 or 3 player but hes also 30. while gay and gasol are 24 and 26 i think. but i still think z bo has plenty of years.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine
    i was thinking something like that.

Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast