Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrfadeawayJB View Post
    very interesting. I do think Johnson is a great shooter/player, but is also very overpaid. You may be able to get Rudy or Mayo + Henry, but not both Rudy and Mayo.
    Personally not Joe Johnson. Trading both Rudy and Mayo is too much and not good for memphis in the long run. I'd rather go for Granger for Rudy or perhaps Batum, Fernandez and Oden and 1st rnd pick for Rudy, or to Denver for Gallinari, Lawson, Mosgov and a 1st rnd pick for Rudy.

vCash
    yes this trade sounds good to me. I would prefer to get a proven shooter like Kyle Korver, but there are a few FA out there (Shawne Williams) who could also fit the role. Maybe try to steal a guy like DaeQuan Cook from the thunder, or Deshawn stevenson from dallas. There are always D-League talents out there for shooting (ie, Gary Neal), so who knows. I would do that OJ & Haddadi trade for Lopez & 13th pick. who knows maybe we could convince phx that this draft is weak and we also want a future 2nd rd pick.
    How bout this?

Suns Get: Josh Smith

Grizz Get: Aaron Brooks S&T

Hawks Get: O.J Mayo, Michael Pietrus, Suns 1st

solidifies the guard rotation, resign battier. pick up a free agent big to back Gasol

Conley/Brooks/Vasquez
    Allen/Young/Henry
    Gay/Battier
    ZBo/Arthur
    Gasol/FA

i think thats a good balance of offense/defense.
    I Heart Kimmi Smiles

Support Her!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JPHX View Post
    How bout this?

Suns Get: Josh Smith

Grizz Get: Aaron Brooks S&T

Hawks Get: O.J Mayo, Michael Pietrus, Suns 1st

solidifies the guard rotation, resign battier. pick up a free agent big to back Gasol

Conley/Brooks/Vasquez
    Allen/Young/Henry
    Gay/Battier
    ZBo/Arthur
    Gasol/FA

i think thats a good balance of offense/defense.

This would instantly make conley/ Brooks expendable. I wouldnt play them together, but im sure brooks could be a monster 6th man. My problem with that is what kind of money is Brooks looking for. If it is more than $7 mil a year we are in just as big of a hole as we were with OJ mayo and his salary.

Grizz: Titans: UK BBall: APSU BBall:
    - MJ-BULLS

vCash
    As a Hawks fan, I would love Mayo (and some cap space for Nene). Suns want Josh Smith. You all need an outside shooter. Anyway to make that happen for all 3?

McGOAT

vCash
    This would instantly make conley/ Brooks expendable. I wouldnt play them together, but im sure brooks could be a monster 6th man. My problem with that is what kind of money is Brooks looking for. If it is more than $7 mil a year we are in just as big of a hole as we were with OJ mayo and his salary.
    no way Brooks gets $7mil on the open market. i would say worse case is 4-5mil. if he gets more than that from another team then props to him. then you guys can resign Battier for like $2mil.
    I Heart Kimmi Smiles

Support Her!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JPHX View Post
    no way Brooks gets $7mil on the open market. i would say worse case is 4-5mil. if he gets more than that from another team then props to him. then you guys can resign Battier for like $2mil.
    If your right about that $4-5 mil. i would do it....i just know he is a starter type of player. Battier might want more than $2 mil, but who knows he might want to stick around for another shot

- MJ-BULLS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    As a Hawks fan, I would love Mayo (and some cap space for Nene). Suns want Josh Smith. You all need an outside shooter. Anyway to make that happen for all 3?
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=627uzjs

dont think it would go through though.... unless pietrus's option is picked up then he goes to the grizz instead of teague. Of course picks would be involved too

- MJ-BULLS

vCash
    I read the rumors part where Bulls & Grizzlies want Monte Ellis. I'm love the idea how Monte Ellis to the Grizzlies, but theres no doubt that Grizzlies will easily trade OJ Mayo & perhaps future draft/cash...
    Now, let be real, where will Monte Ellis fit in? Mike Conley is in starting lineup as PG & TA is SG. I already love how TA brings his game, he probably one of the best Grizzlies defense player. Mike Conley improves every year, he still lacks in foot speed tho' but the way of his playing style was very decent & great decision on passing ability & shooting. If Monte Ellis trade to the Grizzlies, will he accepts the role of being 6th man? I love Ellis as slasher playmaker, perhaps the best slasher player than Westbrook from Thunder & his speed. The problem is, will he be starting PG over Conley or over SG TA? I'm curious of how you all Grizz fans think what Grizz should do with Ellis?

vCash
    I love Ellis too and think he gets a bad wrap. The guy is very talented, without a doubt. I just dont think he is right for the Grizz. If he did join the team he would be a 6th man playing both pg/sg. I think he could easily play 35-40 min a night off the bench

- MJ-BULLS

vCash
    You don't want Brooks with Conley, but Teague with Conley? The idea was for Teague/Mayo to share the backcourt in Atlanta.

McGOAT

vCash
    ^^^^^^^^^

I dont like that trade in particular either...

I would like to trade OJ & Haddadi for Robin Lopez and the #13 pick

- MJ-BULLS

vCash
    Hawks get: OJ Mayo, Pietrus, Haddadi, Carter (for contract reasons)

Grizz get: Robin Lopez, 13th pick

Suns get: Josh Smith, Joe Johnson

McGOAT

vCash
    Regarding Ellis, personally we can't have both. I'd just stick with Conley or get Ellis.
    We don't need to maintain these 2 contracts. We can get a good shooter with much less contract someone like Fernandez, D. Cook, R. Williams or Dudley. But then again we should not rush in trading Mayo not until we have the status on Marc. Personally I would prefer to have Curry than Ellis. Curry and Williams for Conley and Mayo.

vCash
    ^^^^^^^^

I would do that but it wouldnt happen

- MJ-BULLS

vCash
    Would you guys do this?

Lopez, #13, Brooks (s&t) and Pietrus (replacement for Battier who is a FA) to Memphis for Mayo and Arthur.

Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast