Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    From Way Downtown
    Posts
    11,052
    vCash
    1500

    December game thread

    First up, grizz head to Houston to play the rockets.




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    From Way Downtown
    Posts
    11,052
    vCash
    1500

    December game thread

    Well we were due a bad game. Tough game on the road, we need to understand that we are getting everyone's best shot. On to the best one! #GNG




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,212
    vCash
    1500
    Ugly game. Not sure if the 3 day break shook their rhythm but no excuses because besides VC and Stokes the team gave zero energy. Well Pondexter too but he sucks. I'ts annoying when a team comes out flat like this and especially to a division opponent but it happens.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    From Way Downtown
    Posts
    11,052
    vCash
    1500

    December game thread

    Spurs tonight! Another division opponent. I know the A game will be brought on the grindhouse tonight!




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,212
    vCash
    1500
    Lots of good games coming up. Spurs, Warriors are gonna be intense.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    From Way Downtown
    Posts
    11,052
    vCash
    1500

    December game thread

    Tough to lose at home, but the spurs are as good as ever when they want to be




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,212
    vCash
    1500
    Hard to watch them right now IMO.

    DJ needs to figure it out..he's had a different rotation every game and minutes distribution.

    Not every player is built for that kind of madness.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,347
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    Hard to watch them right now IMO.

    DJ needs to figure it out..he's had a different rotation every game and minutes distribution.

    Not every player is built for that kind of madness.
    You are spot on. He's either losing it or coaching by analytics. Seems to have started after the media dethroned ZBo,too
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"



    HERE'S TO THE 2014-2015 SEASON !! GO GRIZZ !!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,212
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mzgrizz:29347985
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    Hard to watch them right now IMO.

    DJ needs to figure it out..he's had a different rotation every game and minutes distribution.

    Not every player is built for that kind of madness.
    You are spot on. He's either losing it or coaching by analytics. Seems to have started after the media dethroned ZBo,too
    Part of me says he is a solid to good coach, part of me says he's riding the coattails of an already established core from hollins.

    I like the guy as a person but 90% of the struggles this season have pointed towards him. The slow starts, the matchups, the rotations, the kings game, the leaving boneheads in too long, the not starting or leaving in hot players, the prince ,leuer, tony allen, udrih boner... He over thinks everything. EVERYTHING. Yet you'd think he'd think about the zbo vs spurs matchup. Stubborn ****. Pick n role worked well so he forces ZBo back to back pocessions.. Stubborn..A reason why pop is so good is because he doesn't play favorites. Diaw could get the most touches one night.

    A few things really concern me with him and the teams ceiling because of it.

    1. What I mentioned above. Rotations, stubborn, favorites.
    2. He's never left Memphis. Idk why but that bothers me in a coach. Should be experienced and have perspectives, not live down the street from his middle school.
    4. Spacing. We have 2 bigs that get the ball all the time so he provides no spacing? Tony Allen cannot start with Prince ever that's stupid. This is simple analytics, with how much gasol and zbo are used offensively u need to surround them with floor spacers. Allen should play in matchups not auto starter.
    3. Plays. What plays? There are none. No ball movement or anything just simple feed post or pick n roll with Conley. Guys like Lee and Vince are good scorers, use them! Lee should get screens, Vince should get post ups. Having 38 yr old Vince carter run around as a spot up shooter/iso guy is looking pathetic. Post him up, run a pick n roll as he's done so well the past years. Have him come in 5 minutes in the first, not 30 seconds left..


    -Credit his Defense and fast breaks on missed shots focus. All I like.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,212
    vCash
    1500
    Oh and one more thing..

    That damn crossing his arms + smirk while he trots along the sideline nodding his head every time his stupid lineups start working as if it was all him.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    From Way Downtown
    Posts
    11,052
    vCash
    1500

    December game thread

    Nice win! Miami is no slouch. Let's get back to the winning ways grizz!




  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,347
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    Part of me says he is a solid to good coach, part of me says he's riding the coattails of an already established core from hollins.

    I like the guy as a person but 90% of the struggles this season have pointed towards him. The slow starts, the matchups, the rotations, the kings game, the leaving boneheads in too long, the not starting or leaving in hot players, the prince ,leuer, tony allen, udrih boner... He over thinks everything. EVERYTHING. Yet you'd think he'd think about the zbo vs spurs matchup. Stubborn ****. Pick n role worked well so he forces ZBo back to back pocessions.. Stubborn..A reason why pop is so good is because he doesn't play favorites. Diaw could get the most touches one night.

    A few things really concern me with him and the teams ceiling because of it.

    1. What I mentioned above. Rotations, stubborn, favorites.
    2. He's never left Memphis. Idk why but that bothers me in a coach. Should be experienced and have perspectives, not live down the street from his middle school.
    4. Spacing. We have 2 bigs that get the ball all the time so he provides no spacing? Tony Allen cannot start with Prince ever that's stupid. This is simple analytics, with how much gasol and zbo are used offensively u need to surround them with floor spacers. Allen should play in matchups not auto starter.
    3. Plays. What plays? There are none. No ball movement or anything just simple feed post or pick n roll with Conley. Guys like Lee and Vince are good scorers, use them! Lee should get screens, Vince should get post ups. Having 38 yr old Vince carter run around as a spot up shooter/iso guy is looking pathetic. Post him up, run a pick n roll as he's done so well the past years. Have him come in 5 minutes in the first, not 30 seconds left..


    -Credit his Defense and fast breaks on missed shots focus. All I like.
    I'm with you on a lot of this. I wasn't good with Joerger for the longest, fadeaway can vouch for that.I do think he's come light years since last year, and we got a W against Miami, but I agree with the perceived lack of offensive sets.
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"



    HERE'S TO THE 2014-2015 SEASON !! GO GRIZZ !!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    From Way Downtown
    Posts
    11,052
    vCash
    1500

    December game thread

    I get what y'all are saying but dj has more sets than Hollins ever had. I'm not going to get mad when we lose two in a row because I realize it's a long season and the grizz are still playing great basketball. Two of the three losses have 10% to do with the offensive side and 90% to do with not defending the 3 pt line.




  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,212
    vCash
    1500
    Very very good win. VC is making me sad though.. I blame DJ for bringing him in at dumb times and just to stand around but no excuse for all his misses

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    From Way Downtown
    Posts
    11,052
    vCash
    1500

    December game thread

    I'll be at the Charlotte game tomorrow night!




Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •