Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Jeff Green traded to Memphis for Prince

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    Boston is nearing an agreement to send Jeff Green to Memphis for Tayshaun Prince and a first-round pick, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrfadeawayJB:29495986
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    Boston is nearing an agreement to send Jeff Green to Memphis for Tayshaun Prince and a first-round pick, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
    Grizz looking to make some noise this post season! Green is a really good fit imo

vCash

Yeah, at the very least it shows Gasol (a free agent this offseason) we are making moves for a championship.

vCash
    This trade is incredible for us.

First, and most importantly, we get our starting small forward, who's a big upgrade over what we're going with currently. He's also a better 4 than Leuer. And we get him without having to give up Koufos. I was fine with giving up Koufos if it netted us starting-caliber SF, but in this deal we get to have both.

Then, you get out of Quincy's long-term deal without giving up any real compensation, which is a miracle. He's a below-average player and an even worse fit on our team. Hopefully Jordan Adams, who is better now and has significantly more upside, gets some of his minutes.

The deal also gives Memphis a young guard prospect - who I know they liked coming into last year's draft - in Russ Smith. Plus, it gives us more room under the luxury tax threshold, which we can use to pick up another shooter like Ray Allen or perhaps an upgrade to Leuer.

I really don't care about losing the pick, provided that it has somewhat reasonable protection on it. This is as good of a chance as we've ever had to win it all. Gotta load up on as much ammo as possible, even if it proves to be detrimental to the future.

Huge props to Chris Wallace on this one.

Bring on June.
    Last edited by I Am Awesome-O; 01-11-2015 at 06:55 AM.

vCash

Yeah the trade actually takes us from 1.1~ mil under the luxury tax to 3.3~ Mil under. So we upgrade on the flood talent and safe $ while doing it. Simply amazing. Picks can be acquired, Bos and philly have more than enough and will be looking to trade draft day