Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Thumbs up Grizz Offseason Thread: Draft/FA/Trades&Trade Ideas

*STICKY* Great season, now it's time to see what the FO does to keep this momentum going. Post offseason news or ideas here. Centering this type of talk in one thread, makes for better posting.
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    I'm sure the FO will be considering trades but I would be ok with leaving it as is, since our PF will be back. I would like to keep Shane!!
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

THANKS FOR A GREAT SEASON, GRIZZ !!!

vCash
    There are already rumors surfacing that Rudy Gay is available or should be made available..I TOTALLY DISAGREE. If the Grizz had a healthy Gay, there's a good chance yall would still be playing now. Gay's ability to create for himself and the fact other teams have to game plan on how to stop him, is very valuable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SluggeR View Post
    There are already rumors surfacing that Rudy Gay is available or should be made available..I TOTALLY DISAGREE. If the Grizz had a healthy Gay, there's a good chance yall would still be playing now. Gay's ability to create for himself and the fact other teams have to game plan on how to stop him, is very valuable.
    I agree. We need to keep Rudy and at least see how well he re-gels with the current team. Not to mention, I don't think we can get anything fair in return for him. (Iggy is not a fair return).

However, We do need to address outside shooting this summer.

Grizz: Titans: UK BBall: APSU BBall:
    - MJ-BULLS

vCash

Oj

I hate to see oj leave but it's gonna happen.. I'm hoping we could get a big perimeter player like Kyle korver Or Evan turner plus a draft pick. If we have to package someone to make this happen I'm down Having a big guard like that would give us great size plus a great knock down shooter who can play D.. What do y'all think.. What can we expect for oj

vCash
    One huge thing the Grizzlies need to do this summer is pay Marc Gasol. I recently started watching and rooting for them, and they've almost become my favorite team. Been a big Magic fan for years and getting frustrated with management so starting to cheer now for the Grizzlies. I don't know the cap room for an extension for Marc, but he needs to be signed before he goes into FA and signs with a rival team.

vCash
    Heisley Confident Grizzlies Can Retain Gasol
    May 16, 2011 11:06 AM EDT

Memphis Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley is optimist his team will be able re-sign Marc Gasol.

"Marc will decide whether he wants to be here," Heisley said.

"We will aggressively go after him. He's a restricted free agent, so we can match whatever's out there. But obviously if Marc wants to leave, I'm going to have a different attitude than if he wants to stay. I hope he wants to stay. And after what we've done in the playoffs, I think he will."

Via ESPN.com

Read more: http://basketball.******.com/wiretap...#ixzz1MXhXjX00
    Take it how you want it..

vCash
    Congrats guys on a GREAT season!! The Pacers board has been buzzing about the draft, trades and free agency since Indiana's ouster in the first round. One trade idea that has surfaced involves Danny Granger and Rudy Gay. A lot of Pacers fans feel that Granger's game would fit better with Randolph than Gay's would. The Pacers desperately need a guy that can creat his own shot, so Rudy is obviously someone they would be interested in. I would love to hear your take on possible trades between the Pacers and Grizzlies, speciafically involving Rudy and Mayo.

vCash
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Mayo for McRoberts! Not!!! You guys almost got us with that one!

I would prefer to keep Rudy, i think he is leaps and bounds ahead of Granger

- MJ-BULLS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrfadeawayJB View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Mayo for McRoberts! Not!!! You guys almost got us with that one!

I would prefer to keep Rudy, i think he is leaps and bounds ahead of Granger
    lol....yeah, Larry should go to jail for almost pulling that off!! I see Chicago or maybe New York going hard after Mayo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFadeawayJB
    However, We do need to address outside shooting this summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmayB
    I hate to see oj leave but it's gonna happen.. I'm hoping we could get a big perimeter player like Kyle korver Or Evan turner plus a draft pick. If we have to package someone to make this happen I'm down Having a big guard like that would give us great size plus a great knock down shooter who can play D.. What do y'all think.. What can we expect for oj
    How about Joe Johnson?

Top 5 SG, good defender, gives you size in your backcourt + outside shooting. Z-Bo is the #1 option and Joe becomes #2, which is what JJ is more suited to be. Much better floor spacing with Randolph/Gasol's low post scoring and Joe knocking 'em down from long range.

Johnson + a 2nd rd pick for Rudy, Mayo, and Henry (Ran it through the trade machine already without the pick.)
    Last edited by Bravo95; 05-16-2011 at 08:58 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    How about Joe Johnson?

Top 5 SG, good defender, gives you size in your backcourt + outside shooting. Z-Bo is the alpha dog and Joe is his Robin, which is what JJ is more suited to be. Much better floor spacing with Randolph/Gasol's low post scoring and Joe knocking 'em down from long range.

Johnson + a 2nd rd pick for Rudy, Mayo, and Henry (Ran it through the trade machine already without the pick.)
    very interesting. I do think Johnson is a great shooter/player, but is also very overpaid. You may be able to get Rudy or Mayo + Henry, but not both Rudy and Mayo.

- MJ-BULLS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheBrink View Post
    One huge thing the Grizzlies need to do this summer is pay Marc Gasol. I recently started watching and rooting for them, and they've almost become my favorite team. Been a big Magic fan for years and getting frustrated with management so starting to cheer now for the Grizzlies. I don't know the cap room for an extension for Marc, but he needs to be signed before he goes into FA and signs with a rival team.
    Agree. Sign Gasol=#1 priority
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

THANKS FOR A GREAT SEASON, GRIZZ !!!

vCash
    I don't know if Boston would do this, but what if you could get Ray Allen and rights to Jeff Green for Gay. Then trade Mayo for JJ Hickson and some 2nds or Mayo for Afflalo or Koufos and a 2nd?

vCash
    Kyle Korver or Ronnie Brewer and the Bobcats 2016 unprotected 1st rounder for Mayo?

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast