Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

still need a 1b and a ss!

Those positions concern me and I don't think we have a true cf. I would love chris davis from the orioles and elvis andrus.

Quote Originally Posted by SDraiders619 View Post
    Those positions concern me and I don't think we have a true cf. I would love chris davis from the orioles and elvis andrus.
    Honestly think both of them are over priced and overrated. I like Yonder and Alexi Amarista both left handed bats that can help balance our heavy right handed lineup....they will both improve with the talent that is around them.

I agree with Bolts4ever, both players will improve and Gyrko should bounce back... would love another starting pitcher

I think Yonder and Jedd will hit better this year now that they will have good hitters hitting around them in the lineup. While I'm not sure Alexi is the best defensive option at SS he isn't horrible. He's a very athletic and versatile player. I just hope Bud Black doesn't try to bat Alexi leadoff because we can't have another below 300 OBP from our leadoff spot in the lineup.

Still need a 1B. Not sure what to make of Alonso.

Try Myers at 1B get Desmond from FA and power on!
    Sgt Devildog
    USMC

Its Not A Religion its a Faith... Semper Fi
    Braves Fan For Life!

I know this is an old thread but I think 1B and SS can still be somewhat discussed even now.

For me I'm not 100% sold on Luis Sardinas so I don't mind the fact that AJ Preller is looking for a shortstop to hold down the fort until Jose Rondon and some of the other guys down on the farm are ready. As for 1B, it is so nice to say that Wil Myers is our starting 1B. Even though he had only played in 24 games at 1st from 2013-2015, he looked like he had been playing 1B for a long time in his first full season at 1B.