vCash

Things to do next season

New coach get a guy who has been there!
    Resign Jason Arnott
    Get a physical d-man

vCash
    Win

vCash
    Well I know it has been a while since I have posted on here, but I felt inspired to hop on here after the Caps latest performance. As a San Francisco Giants fan as well, I got to hear last year during their World Series run, Giants Baseball: Torture. Well, if that is true, then this must be true...

Capitals Hockey: Waterboarding

Unreal how a #1 seed can just look like they should be in the running for the #1 pick in the draft. It was so obvious who the better team was in the Tampa series.

Caps gotta get rid of Semin. You can't depend on a guy who disappears for 10-15 game periods during the season. Use some of that moneyto resign Arnott and Knuble. Maybe you can get a guy like Shea Weber from Nashville. Throw in some prospects and a draft pick, maybe they can land him. Gotta do something. This b.s. is getting old.

vCash
    According to HockeyBuzz, the Capitals Free Agents are as followed:

UFA:
    Arnott
    Sturm
    Knuble (We already resigned him)
    Laich
    Bradley
    Gordon
    Hendricks (We already resigned him)

Hannan
    Erskine

And a couple guys in Hershey.

RFA:
    Alzner
    Varly

Personally, I don't think Hannan (4.5mil LY) and Bradley (1mil LY) are coming back. I think that Hendricks will take Bradley's place in the lineup next season and I think that Hannan is grossly overpaid. I hope we keep Erskine, Gordon and Arnott. Sturm and Laich, for me at least, the jury is still out on. Between the two of them they earned 5.56mil this season.

Do we try to make a move with either Semin or Green, picks and prospects for a veteran goalie or physical top 4 D-Man?

vCash
    If McPhee has his way, Bruce "I can't win" Boudreau will be here next season. He said he's confident in him and believes we can win with him. Really? Regular season champs to post season bums. I mean what more does this guy need to do for him to realize he's no good. Bruce Boudreau is the Wade Phillips of the NHL.

If McPhee keeps the stupidity up of not addressing the defense I might want hm gone too.

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

vCash
    ^ Yep.

According to Washington Capitals General Manager George McPhee, he expects Bruce Boudreau to return as the team's coach next season.

"I expect him to be back, yeah," McPhee told reporters on Thursday. "He's a good coach."

McPhee wants Boudreau back as Caps' coach
    Thursday, 05.05.2011 / 3:44 PM / Capitals v Lightning - 2011 Stanley Cup Conference Semifinals NHL.com
    According to Washington Capitals General Manager George McPhee, he expects Bruce Boudreau to return as the team's coach next season.

"I expect him to be back, yeah," McPhee told reporters on Thursday. "He's a good coach."

"Someone said he's not a good playoff coach," McPhee said. "There's no difference between a playoff coach and regular-season coach. Either you're a good coach or you're not. He's a good coach."
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=562053

vCash
    double post

vCash
    #1 - Trade Mike Green
    That is all

vCash
    They talked with Leonsis today, being that the new Wizards jerseys were reveled. It appeared that McPhee was safe here, but Boudreau, not so much.

vCash
    I think Bruce is safe. Also Arnott might cost too much and will be an injury risk next season, so I could see him somewhere else.

vCash
    Yeah, apparently Leonsis said Bruce's fate lies in McPhee's hands and McPhee has a man crush on him, so that means only one thing. Another Capitals choke job in 2012.

This team will never learn and continue to lack their first Stanley Cup. Might as well trade Ovechkin so he can go somewhere and win, no point in keeping him here only to allow him to choke. He needs to pull a LeBron and get out of D.C.

vCash
    Ovechkin-mojo-kuznetsov/leino Semin-backstrom-knuble Upshall-eakin-laich Chimera-Gordon-Hendricks Jovanoski-green Alzner-Carlson Orlov-wideman Holtby/Neuvirth Do it GMGM
    The Dynamic Duo

vCash
    Green can go for sure. Man is annoying as hell.

vCash
    A lot of issues with the Caps.

#1 The Coach.
    I said in December that this coach wasn't the ticket and now we paid dearly for that in the playoffs. This guy doesn't know what it takes, doesn't know how to get his players to respond to him, doesn't discipline players for having bad games (mainly nucleus players), and doesn't know that you can't take a team that plays all offense with non-physical defensemen and try to go all defensive. We didn't have the right group for that. The system is right, the players are wrong.

#2 The Nucleus.
    Alexander Semin and Mike Green need to get out of town. We need character and leadership in the nucleus and Semin doesn't fit either of those roles. Semin is a Ranger killer and a regular season star, nothing more than that. I could rant for 5 pages about Semin but I think everyone here knows why he needs to go. Green doesn't fit the system that the Caps want to play. He isn't the type of defenseman the Caps want to pay 5.2 million dollars for. We just need physical defensemen who can move the puck up to our talented forwards, nothing more. Green is not fit for our system, as easy as that.

#3 The GM.
    McPhee did a great job of rebuilding this team. Now he needs to go. He hasn't found a way to win the cup for the last three years. I give them the first of the four years for experience there. He doesn't realize that we are not losing because of the surrounding players we bring in, but it's the nucleus and the coach that are the problems. Good he built our team well, but so what? We haven't won a cup yet after four playoff runs. The mix hasn't been right and he is responsible for it.

#4 The need for a SOLID VETERAN LEADER on the backend.
    It's not fair to rely on two rookies to shut down huge lines in the playoffs. You have to have leaders on your backend to win the Cup. Look at the teams in it right now, Chara, Boyle, Brewer+Ohlund. These teams have leaders on the backend and they are deep in the playoffs because of it.

#5 Remove Schultz and reform the energy line.
    Schultz is one dimensional, play positional defense and that's it. No offense, no speed, no physicality, he's an absolute waste. He's not even good at what he does with his positioning half the time.
    The energy line was non-existent this year in the playoffs. Hendricks was nowhere to be found, Gordon was the not the same player, and Bradley was nowhere to be found. Your 4th line has to be a energy factor in the playoffs and ours was awful. I didn't even know they were playing in the Tampa series...... That's how noticeable they were.

They need character and grit this offseason. If they can steal Richards or Parise from FA, they should. Then you are forced to trade Semin and Green. Richards and Parise provide leadership and commitment to the nucleus. More than I can say for Green and Semin.

vCash
    Choco I agree with everything you said. I am a big Semin fan, but there's no denying when we need him most he doesn't show (though he did this post season, but 1/4 isn't cutting it).

I've never been a fan of Green, been complaining about him for quite some time, I guess a lot of fans hopped on him because of that record he set for D men scoring, but his D has always been skeptical to me.

Obviously McPhee is fine for one more season, which isn't upsetting me, but if he keeps Bruce (which it seems like he will) I'm going to be a bit upset. However he needs to see we need D and not O, I'm getting sick of this all O no D type mentality, it's what's costing us a run for the cup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast