Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How Many Games Will The Mets Win?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Mets Will Sweep

8 29.63%
  • The Mets Will Win 2 of 3

18 66.67%
  • The Mets Will Win 1 of 3

0 0%
  • The Mets Will Get Swept

1 3.70%
Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 LastLast
    vCash
    I'm one of the biggest Wright supporters on the planet, but I have to admit I am starting to grow tired of his struggles. I just wish the ****ing Wilpons would move in the goddamn walls so as to help our face of the franchise. I can think of 3-4 balls that Wright has hit that would be HR's nearly anywhere else but here.

vCash
    I am too a little frustrated with Wright, but I know he will have a hot streak soon where he just hits everything.

vCash
    His strikeouts are a concern, they have been going on 2.5 years now. At least he's walking, but he's not making much contact. Hopefully going to CO will help that out.

Also, I'm not sure who else caught this, but the other night after the Philly game (Sunday) they interviewed him and he had his left shoulder completely wrapped up like a pitcher would. I found that a bit odd, especially since it isn't his throwing shoulder.
    Last edited by ritz; 05-08-2011 at 05:15 PM.
    Props to MetsLegacy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    I'm one of the biggest Wright supporters on the planet, but I have to admit I am starting to grow tired of his struggles. I just wish the ****ing Wilpons would move in the goddamn walls so as to help our face of the franchise. I can think of 3-4 balls that Wright has hit that would be HR's nearly anywhere else but here.
    Will the fences moved in help him not strike out 160 times a year which he has turned into?

vCash
    There is no ****ing excuse for Wright's struggles. The walls are what they are, you don't change it for one guy. I said this last season, other than that ridiculous June, Wright was a ****** player last season. He played poorly in the 2nd half, and has carried that into this season.

He must have the most whiffs on fastballs in the league, because I have never seen a guy get beat by some many fastballs.(Well maybe Jason Bay) Its gotten to the point where if there is power pitcher on the mound, you know he isn't getting a hit. He used to be the complete opposite, its sickening.

I would seriously take .320/.410/.465 with say, 20% strikeouts, screw the power.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 05-08-2011 at 07:05 PM.

vCash
    Pridie has hit 2, Tulo hit 4 in 4 games, Beltran is mashing at Citi, Reyes is making it look effortless(playing to the gaps--we don't need 30 HR from David if he's producing 30+ doubles)

If Wright's not hurt, there's something wrong in his cabeza. Seriously, an elite player doesn't just become above average is such a short time span. Keith said it best in the 9th today- He's not a 34 year old, he's on the right side of 30 and shouldn't be getting blown away.
    Last edited by MetsLegacy; 05-08-2011 at 07:06 PM.

www.DailyStache.net You Gotta Believe
    R.I.P UAPeople

vCash
    strike 3 if you know what i mean
    asdf

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    But Wright was a stud for us, for many years, and all of a sudden in his prime years, he nowhere near the player he used to be. He needs to go.
    @YoungStuna28

vCash
    At least Wright gave a bunch of good years to the franchise (his days as an elite player might be over, remains to be seen).

Jason Bay deserves way more hate than he gets. Guy makes MORE money than Wright, produces LESS and has done NOTHING for the franchise. He owes the team a refund check.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedBadMan View Post
    At least Wright gave a bunch of good years to the franchise (his days as an elite player might be over, remains to be seen).

Jason Bay deserves way more hate than he gets. Guy makes MORE money than Wright, produces LESS and has done NOTHING for the franchise. He owes the team a refund check.
    The Mets 10-4 record with Bay as an aside, I wish we had guys like Mark Carreon, Danny Heep, Joel Youngblood, or any number of 4th outfielders that have filled our rosters back in the day instead of Bay right now.

The guy must lead the league in baseball in swings and misses. It's saying quite a bit when you get outplayed by Scott Hairston.

Forget about elite, forget about above average. If we can just get something slightly better than "sucks" from left field and third base, we'll be fine.

Frustrating, should have swept a series today.

And no, Dickey didn't suck today. But he has yet to pitch the brand of ball we got from him last season.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash

Its different because Wright can be traded. Bay can't because no one wants that contract. He ****ing blows, but what can you do about it. He used to be one of my favorites, but now I almost hate him.

Wright is the "face of the franchise" so he can't be traded. Well if he is the face of the franchise, then he is the face of losing... He is so un-clutch, and is the perfect example of padding stats.

vCash
    Do you people actaully know the history of the Mets and third basemen?

I mean, seriously, are your memories actually that short?

Yes, David is in a funk, and I agree it's concerning. But to deny that this home park has done this is foolish. Look at his pre Citi numbers and his post Citi numbers.

180 degree change. And, yes, the park effects his strikeout numbers. He changed his game and now has lost his mojo.

Maybe he needs to get into a Mini and go back in time, or something. I don't know what the answer is, but a more fair park would go a long way.

But, the fact of the matter is that he is the best third baseman in the history of the franchise, and has done NOTHING to deserve scorn. He has been out there every day, given us all he has, never complained once about the crap team around him, and been nothing but 100% class. Anyone who wants him gone better have a better alternative lined up, because we have been waiting for almost 50 years to get a good one, and some are trying to run him out of town.

Ridiculous.
    Last edited by BringBackShea!; 05-08-2011 at 07:56 PM.

vCash
    happy gilmore just got a hole in one on a par 4. shooter mcgavin saw
    asdf

But Wright was a stud for us, for many years, and all of a sudden in his prime years, he nowhere near the player he used to be. He needs to go.
    @YoungStuna28

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    The Mets 10-4 record with Bay as an aside, I wish we had guys like Mark Carreon, Danny Heep, Joel Youngblood, or any number of 4th outfielders that have filled our rosters back in the day instead of Bay right now.

The guy must lead the league in baseball in swings and misses. It's saying quite a bit when you get outplayed by Scott Hairston.

Forget about elite, forget about above average. If we can just get something slightly better than "sucks" from left field and third base, we'll be fine.

Frustrating, should have swept a series today.

And no, Dickey didn't suck today. But he has yet to pitch the brand of ball we got from him last season.
    And the nice thing about all those OF you listed is they would have ran the team about $500,000 and the $14 million extra Bay is getting could have helped get another starter who can pitch for more than 2 starts in a row.

Its different because Wright can be traded. Bay can't because no one wants that contract. He ****ing blows, but what can you do about it. He used to be one of my favorites, but now I almost hate him.

Wright is the "face of the franchise" so he can't be traded. Well if he is the face of the franchise, then he is the face of losing... He is so un-clutch, and is the perfect example of padding stats.
    I agree, as much as I want David to play like he used to and really don't want to see him go - if someone throws the right deal at them I would pull the trigger.

I just couldn't help but recognize how often the, "Oh Jason Bay sucks again, what else is new." prevents him from being scrutinized as much as someone like Wright just because everyone wants him to be what he isn't at the moment/anymore.

Hell, I feel BAD for Wright, he should have been making $20 million a season 5 years ago. I don't feel bad for scrub FA signings like Bay who fall apart the second they cash in.

vCash
    I agree, as much as I want David to play like he used to and really don't want to see him go - if someone throws the right deal at them I would pull the trigger.

I just couldn't help but recognize how often the, "Oh Jason Bay sucks again, what else is new." prevents him from being scrutinized as much as someone like Wright just because everyone wants him to be what he isn't at the moment/anymore.

Hell, I feel BAD for Wright, he should have been making $20 million a season 5 years ago. I don't feel bad for scrub FA signings like Bay who fall apart the second they cash in.
    We haven't experienced a great Jason Bay on the Mets, that is why fans aren't pissed off about him, we've already given up on him. He sucks, we've moved on.

vCash
    We haven't experienced a great Jason Bay on the Mets, that is why fans aren't pissed off about him, we've already given up on him. He sucks, we've moved on.

That would be incorrect.

He was great his first week back from the DL this season. Silly me, I was hoping for a little more.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."