Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    To make the Sabres better, it cannot be done this year with free agency. After Richards and possibly Brooks Laich, there is nobody left at Center. With that said, the Sabres are in desperate need of that position. The Sabres will be loosing Connelly this year hopefully. Hecht is a horrible NHL player with one year left in his contract and people forget how horrible this team was for most of the season last year.

Trading Miller is not as bas as people think. Enroth is capable of playing goalie in the NHL. He spent his time in the AHL and proved himself NHL ready when he played and beat some pretty good teams in high pressure meaningfull games at the end of the year. Miller is a great goalie with a lot of value and that value can bring in a lot of talent that this team needs. As good as Miller is, what has he done for the team? He has all this name recognition because he played in the Olympics but what has he done for the Sabres? No cups. We missed the playoffs 2 out of the last 4 years. His goals against has increased every year, to the point that Enroth can give us the same game if he plays and he is 10 times cheaper.

If Enroth played the whole year last season, would the Sabres have been the 10th seed throughout the first 70 games? If so, why not play Enroth then and get something for Miller. We have 2 goalies that can probably put out equal stats next year if they played for different teams. Again, why play the expensive one, when we can maybe get a potential 50-goal scorer for him. If everyone opened up their eyes, they would see that this team would be better with Enroth and a new 50 goal centermen, rather then keeping Miller and keeping Hecht and Connelly.
    I get your argument, and would agree if the *assumption* is accurate, but quite honestly *assuming* Enroth is going to or is as good as Miller is not fact.

AHL is a good proving ground, but let's look at facts.

Statistic: Miller has a Win % of 55% in the NHL compared to Enroth's 50% in the AHL.
    Conclusion: Miller wins more games than Enroth does and Enroth player inferior talent.

The argument Enroth won games down our stretch is fine, as went won 9 of 15, but his numbers were not good, A hefty 2.83 GAA and .906 Save %, which indicates the Sabres netted a lot of pucks to win the games rather than games won by stone cold goaltending. Not terrible numbers, but closer to bad than good.

15 Games is not a good enough sample size for me to bank on it. How many times in the NHL have you seen a Goalie have an amazing season or stretch then he disappears?

In fact, Miller's 55% Win percentage in the NHL is over a period of 399 Games, and Enroth's 50% Win% in the AHL is over a 147 Game span. This is a MUCH LARGER sample size than the 15 Games Enroth played in the NHL and therefore the Statistics and Conclusion I cited above is MUCH more accurate to reality, or one can at least *assume*Good Goalies are not hard to find, Good Goalies over a consistent duration of time are.
    Last edited by Realistik84; 06-29-2011 at 02:16 PM.

vCash
    Believe it or not, I like Miller, and if they were to land Richards, along with having Miller, this would be a tremendous statistical boast to Millers Carear and legend. But odds are, he wont come here and then were doomed with the roster we had last year. It would be a waist to repeat last year, watching a tenth seed team throughout the the majority of the season. Therefore my point is trade him for talent up front. Rolling the dice on Enroth will not be detremental to the team.

Tampa with three scorers almost went to the stanley cup with 44-year old Roloson. Is Enroth better the Roloson. Meaning if trading Miller gets us a star, couldnt Enroth do the same thing Roloson did with TB.

Look at Philly the year before. Leighten, being paid nothing, but having scorers up front, went to the finals.

Then Neimi, who made under a million won the cup. Why? because he made a few saves and had scorers up front.

If Enroth was on those teams, wouldnt the results have been the same? Its an Assumption, but it is safe to assume yes. With Miller, and the supporting cast from last year, why bother. If Miller has value, do whats best for the team, trade him and get a superstar.

With Enroth in net, the Sabres will be adequate enough at goal to contend as long as he has a couple superstars in front of him. Just Like other teams the past two seasons, such as Montreal with Halek, Chicago with Neimi, Philly with Leighten, Tampa with Roloson, Boston With Raask.

Again, we missed the playoffs, 2 out of the last four years. Now the same team might be back again for the 2012 season. What is the point of keeping Miller if we cannot lure superstars to play here with him?

Hopefully ill be eating crow and Richards will sign on Friday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Believe it or not, I like Miller, and if they were to land Richards, along with having Miller, this would be a tremendous statistical boast to Millers Carear and legend. But odds are, he wont come here and then were doomed with the roster we had last year. It would be a waist to repeat last year, watching a tenth seed team throughout the the majority of the season. Therefore my point is trade him for talent up front. Rolling the dice on Enroth will not be detremental to the team.

Tampa with three scorers almost went to the stanley cup with 44-year old Roloson. Is Enroth better the Roloson. Meaning if trading Miller gets us a star, couldnt Enroth do the same thing Roloson did with TB.

Look at Philly the year before. Leighten, being paid nothing, but having scorers up front, went to the finals.

Then Neimi, who made under a million won the cup. Why? because he made a few saves and had scorers up front.

If Enroth was on those teams, wouldnt the results have been the same? Its an Assumption, but it is safe to assume yes. With Miller, and the supporting cast from last year, why bother. If Miller has value, do whats best for the team, trade him and get a superstar.

With Enroth in net, the Sabres will be adequate enough at goal to contend as long as he has a couple superstars in front of him. Just Like other teams the past two seasons, such as Montreal with Halek, Chicago with Neimi, Philly with Leighten, Tampa with Roloson, Boston With Raask.

Again, we missed the playoffs, 2 out of the last four years. Now the same team might be back again for the 2012 season. What is the point of keeping Miller if we cannot lure superstars to play here with him?

Hopefully ill be eating crow and Richards will sign on Friday.
    I will cook it in a stew for you!

vCash
    I will say this: I was born in raised in Western New York (Medina for those that are curious) and have been a Sabres fan for a long time. The thing that I have enjoyed most since the new owner has taken over is that we are involved and being active. We traded for Regehr and Kotilik (Something that would NOT have happened under the previous ownership), were proactive and re-signed Stafford, traded for Brad Boyes at the deadline last season, and are involved in trying to get a top d-man to sign with Buffalo in Ehrhoff.

I was also on the Fourth Period website today and who knows if he will get any of these people or not, but it was nice to see a Buffalo Sabres logo involved in C Brad Richards, D Christian Ehrhoff, C/LW Tomas Fleischman, C Chris Drury, C Joel Ward, and they even had us linked with C Brooks Laich before he re-signed with Washington.

The past few years, as a fan I have watched top free agent after top free agent either leave Buffalo or not sign with us because we were too cheap. Hopefully this is a new sign in Buffalo and the Sabres will start being top contenders!
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I will say this: I was born in raised in Western New York (Medina for those that are curious) and have been a Sabres fan for a long time. The thing that I have enjoyed most since the new owner has taken over is that we are involved and being active. We traded for Regehr and Kotilik (Something that would NOT have happened under the previous ownership), were proactive and re-signed Stafford, traded for Brad Boyes at the deadline last season, and are involved in trying to get a top d-man to sign with Buffalo in Ehrhoff.

I was also on the Fourth Period website today and who knows if he will get any of these people or not, but it was nice to see a Buffalo Sabres logo involved in C Brad Richards, D Christian Ehrhoff, C/LW Tomas Fleischman, C Chris Drury, C Joel Ward, and they even had us linked with C Brooks Laich before he re-signed with Washington.

The past few years, as a fan I have watched top free agent after top free agent either leave Buffalo or not sign with us because we were too cheap. Hopefully this is a new sign in Buffalo and the Sabres will start being top contenders!
    Wait a second - are you telling me CCU grad, one of my favorite all time JETS posters is also a Sabres fan. This is awesome.

I played Medina in Lacrosse growing up as I went to St. Francis. I agree with your post in terms of ownership. Pegula would not have watched Briere go!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    Wait a second - are you telling me CCU grad, one of my favorite all time JETS posters is also a Sabres fan. This is awesome.

I played Medina in Lacrosse growing up as I went to St. Francis. I agree with your post in terms of ownership. Pegula would not have watched Briere go!
    Yes indeed Realistik84, a Jet fan and a Sabres fan!!! When did you play Lacrosse against Medina? I graduated from Medina High School in 1997!
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123