Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    362
    vCash
    1500

    What is Jed "lead bat" Lowrie's potential?

    Is his 516. average sustainable?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Meow
    Posts
    29,299
    vCash
    1500
    Yes
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Big Smoke
    Posts
    669
    vCash
    1500
    2011-2015 mvp

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,958
    vCash
    1500
    Not only is it sustainable, but I think it will increase over time.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Corning, NY
    Posts
    5,735
    vCash
    1500
    Even though I know you meant ".516" as his average, I predict his ceiling to be closer to the 516. you originally said. He will hit the ball 500 times more than it is thrown to him.
    Last edited by OneTuzSea; 04-19-2011 at 11:10 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    21,853
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTuzSea View Post
    Even though I know you meant ".516" as his average, I predict his ceiling to be closer to the 516. you originally said. He will hit the 500 times more than it is thrown to him.
    I ROFL at this.



    In all seriousness I would have to say he has a ceiling of about .325 with a .375 OBP maybe 18-22 homers and 65 RBI.

    I don't know for sure since I would have to see a little more of Lowrie to properly gauge it.

    The PSD's Mack-Donald's Crew (formerly the Sheldon Richardson Crew) Members: Raidaz4life, raiderposting, HunterNRoss, N. Cog Neato, RaiderKid318, theGhost-isGone, NYRaiderLove, raiderizer, weeman323, RaJAxTWa, laek, Wolfe-Raider

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    21,732
    vCash
    1500
    I think he's capable of hitting closer to .600.

    Conservatively speaking, I'll peg him for .550

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    30,613
    vCash
    1500
    Pretty sure he's not from Long Island

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    23,505
    vCash
    1500
    He'll make Babe Ruth look like Neifi Perez.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Riverton,il
    Posts
    15,588
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    I ROFL at this.



    In all seriousness I would have to say he has a ceiling of about .325 with a .375 OBP maybe 18-22 homers and 65 RBI.

    I don't know for sure since I would have to see a little more of Lowrie to properly gauge it.
    Id be thrilled if he hit that. But I dont think He's viewed as the SS of the future. I would hope if he can hit like that, they keep him. Hell see if he can play some CF.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    16,688
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    I ROFL at this.



    In all seriousness I would have to say he has a ceiling of about .325 with a .375 OBP maybe 18-22 homers and 65 RBI.

    I don't know for sure since I would have to see a little more of Lowrie to properly gauge it.
    I'd LOVE that.. that would be incredible lol.

    Lowrie will probably be a guy who can hit about .260 12HR's 55RBIs .350OBP .450SLG .800OPS. Not a bad stat line at all, but hell I hope he proves me wrong lol.


    lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Riverton,il
    Posts
    15,588
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    I'd LOVE that.. that would be incredible lol.

    Lowrie will probably be a guy who can hit about .260 12HR's 55RBIs .350OBP .450SLG .800OPS. Not a bad stat line at all, but hell I hope he proves me wrong lol.
    I think he'll hit better then .260. He'll be more of a .290-.300 avg. Everything else though looks good, maybe a OBP around .360

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    16,688
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    I think he'll hit better then .260. He'll be more of a .290-.300 avg. Everything else though looks good, maybe a OBP around .360
    that would already be great.. not a single red sox fan in the world expected anything close to that this season


    lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Riverton,il
    Posts
    15,588
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    that would already be great.. not a single red sox fan in the world expected anything close to that this season
    Ya. Problem is then what happens with Iglesias? I mean it's a good problem to have, but if lowrie proves to be a productive player I don't think you can just trade him off on hopes and dreams of Iglesias pans out.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    16,688
    vCash
    1500
    Iglesias is one of the most highly coveted prospects in the Majors due to his ability to play GG caliber defense at like 3 positions and all valuable positions. If Lowrie proves to be productive the Red Sox will just go out and trade Iglesias in a package for a need when one arises.. possibly an ace.. or something along those lines


    lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •