Round 1 Pick #1 -- PANTHERS SELECT CAM NEWTON

CAM NEWTON
    QB
    AUBURN

2010 Stats

vCash
    yes, yes, yes

vCash
    And quickly too. Well, here's to hoping for the best. I hope we are at least able to hold onto Williams; I'll need a new jersey if Smith leaves. Though I don't think Williams will be back now...

vCash
    I didn't think they would make a pick that fast. I hope Newton proves me wrong, I just don't think there's much of a chance that he does.

vCash
    Mike Shula's got his work cut out for him. I hope he helps Cam develop quickly.

vCash
    ugh

Props to Vinny642

vCash
    Love the pick. Does anyone else wish we had our second back? Wow we could have had Newton and Bowers. I am hoping we can trade back into the second.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaFan87 View Post
    Love the pick. Does anyone else wish we had our second back? Wow we could have had Newton and Bowers. I am hoping we can trade back into the second.
    God I know. My God im ticked off we dont have that pick. Daquan Bowers is sitting right there and we can't get him. He was projected at one point to be a possible #1 overall. So we could have ended up with 2 possible #1s without havign to make any trades or anything. Bowers is so much better than Armanti Edwards, and he and Charles Johnson(assuming he is resigned) would make our D line so scary. UGHHH why make that trade?!! God almighty im ticked off

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatMustachio1 View Post
    God I know. My God im ticked off we dont have that pick. Daquan Bowers is sitting right there and we can't get him. He was projected at one point to be a possible #1 overall. So we could have ended up with 2 possible #1s without havign to make any trades or anything. Bowers is so much better than Armanti Edwards, and he and Charles Johnson(assuming he is resigned) would make our D line so scary. UGHHH why make that trade?!! God almighty im ticked off
    It really sucks because he is available at the pick we would have had. I hope they pull off some magic and we can make a trade into the second. If they open free agency and trade tomorrow before the draft we can use Steve Smith and maybe a later pick to get into the second. If there is still no trading of players it will be alot harder but I feel they need to get into the second because there are some steals sitting there for the taking.

vCash
    Let's hope so. They have a little bit of time between now and then to pull something off to get into the second round. I am just really scared they will trade away next years first rounder and future good picks. Well heck now that I think of it, I'd give the Patriots a future first rounder (which I realize is really risky) and the last last pick in this years 3rd to get that pick back and take Bowers. Bowers is worthy of a first round pick anyways and fills a huge position for us. Plus the Patriots have a ton of picks anyways. They may be wlling to give us that one back if the price is right. I dont know. Let's keep our fingers cross. Maybe they can work out something.
    Last edited by GreatMustachio1; 04-29-2011 at 03:34 AM.

vCash
    WITH THE 1ST PICK IN THE 2011 NFL DRAFT, THE CAROLINA PANTHERS SELECT....

C A M N E W T O N

I have to admit, the queasy, sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach grew larger and larger as I watched such immediate, impact players like Vohn Miller, Dareus, Green, and Peterson being selected after us.

The fact is the Carolina just drafted a PROJECT QB that has the potential to be a great QB and at the same time a QB with the potential to be a complete bust. If they handle Cam as he NEEDS to be brought along, Cam will not get on the field until at LEAST mid-season and possibly 1-2 seasons from now. Cam Newton is NO IMMEDIATE, impact player.

If you look at the rest of the NFC South, every other team made their team immediately better. We made a 50-50 investment that won't pay off for quite a while, if it does at all. Of course, all we have left to do is become 'Cam Newton Fans' and pray Newton develops into a franchise QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    I didn't think they would make a pick that fast. I hope Newton proves me wrong, I just don't think there's much of a chance that he does.
    I agree. Im not a cam newton fan. He needs a vet. to study under for ATLEAST 3 years. If not longer. giving up on clausen so quickly after just being thrown in to the lion's den, so to say, is just not fair to clausen. Hopefully there will be a harsh rookie cap so you guys dont get f-d too hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole.World.9.27 View Post
    Brady is not a difference-maker or a playmaker. He's a product of the system who happens to play the QB position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatMustachio1 View Post
    Let's hope so. They have a little bit of time between now and then to pull something off to get into the second round. I am just really scared they will trade away next years first rounder and future good picks. Well heck now that I think of it, I'd give the Patriots a future first rounder (which I realize is really risky) and the last last pick in this years 3rd to get that pick back and take Bowers. Bowers is worthy of a first round pick anyways and fills a huge position for us. Plus the Patriots have a ton of picks anyways. They may be wlling to give us that one back if the price is right. I dont know. Let's keep our fingers cross. Maybe they can work out something.
    I will tell you this. NE is almost a sure thing to trade out of that #33 spot. The pats are all about stockpiling picks, and they will probably get a lot of phone calls from teams wanting to trade up to that pick. You can book it, NE will move out of the #33 spot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole.World.9.27 View Post
    Brady is not a difference-maker or a playmaker. He's a product of the system who happens to play the QB position.

vCash
    NE will definitely move out of the #33 spot, but there's no way Carolina can afford to offer what it will cost to grab that pick. Rumor was that someone (Cincinnati, I think) really wants Andy Dalton. I think that's a likely move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ne3xchamps View Post
    I agree. Im not a cam newton fan. He needs a vet. to study under for ATLEAST 3 years. If not longer.
    See that's just bs.
    If VY came his rookie year(won roty btw) and won games, without really knowing the Titans offense, than Cam can come in halfway during his 1st year or wait at worst 2 years and be fine. After all Cam is just a bigger/stronger/faster version of Vince and Ben.

The only concerns of Cam is his desire, if you sit Cam for half a season to 2 years, than he will be fine. Yes, he needs to learn new playbooks and reads, however if given that half a year + to develop he will learn it.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast