• Lightning in 7

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    re-sign jason arnott

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBoost View Post
    Be happy you aren't a fan of all D.C teams. This is a yearly routine with them for me. Sucks, but it's more of an annoyance now than being upset, it's like these teams don't learn and don't want to learn.
    I'm a fan of all DC teams, I just never really go into posting a whole lot on the Wiz or Skins boards on here. That would add into more depression.

DC to me seems like only a 1 teams town, being just one is really successful at a time. The painful part w/ the Caps is that they have the potential just can't seem to get over the hump.

vCash
    Ahhh, for some reason I thought you might like others cause you didn't have them in the sig, but it's all good.

Being we only have one team win at a time definitely is a problem, but D.C also is a bandwagon town. Mostly I would say because people come and go being the government is here, but also nobody wants to show up in the bad seasons.

Take the Nationals for example. Much like the Capitals (till recently) people act like they don't exist. I mean sure we get close to 30,000 a game, but even then a good 10-15 of them are the opposing teams fans. Yet when a player like Strasburg pitches the "fans" magically appear and sell out the park.

I remember Ovechkins NHL debut, Verizon Center had like 12,000 fans that night, now all of a sudden these "great life long fans" are at Verizon Center selling it out. Yet they were no where to be found during his debut or before he came.

I love this city, but I'm getting sick of the fakes coming out when the teams are good. I own Redskins season tickets, during the Tampa Bay game this past season, I'd say 40,000 showed up or somewhere in that zone. About 5,000 or so were probably Tampa Bay fans. That stadium was just as loud as it was during Week 1 against the Cowboys because those 35,000 who showed up were the diehards, the big supporters.

I'm sure you remember how loud Nationals Park got when we were playing the Giants the other night. Just as loud as it was during Strasburgs debut. The real fans make the noise, the bandwagons just kinda cheer, not full volume if that makes sense.

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

vCash
    Makes sense. That is just the way DC is. Things have changed since the times I'd go to US Air or RFK for both Skins and Nats. It does suck sometimes because the prices are making it more and more difficult for lifelong fans to attend games.

Strasburg and Ovechkin have been good for the city, but as someone who was at Strasburg's start (thankfully our Nats 21 game plan gave us a chance to attend that game) and plenty of Caps games once the lockout ended, it's easy to see how people can jump on board.

vCash
    We suck. Need a new coach. 'Stars' of the team need to mature. Change the culture. This is absolute rock bottom.

Coaching candidates: Craig MacTavish, Bob Hartley, Paul MacLean, Dale Hunter

MacLean intrigues me.

vCash
    Need to take over this game. I have confidence, come on Caps!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiz kids View Post
    We suck. Need a new coach. 'Stars' of the team need to mature. Change the culture. This is absolute rock bottom.

Coaching candidates: Craig MacTavish, Bob Hartley, Paul MacLean, Dale Hunter

MacLean intrigues me.
    This is rock bottom? Should we go back to 2003-2004 season.

vCash
    Not a bad 1st, need to stay off the PK to have any chance.

vCash
    And boom goes the dynomite

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YanksNats1987 View Post
    Makes sense. That is just the way DC is. Things have changed since the times I'd go to US Air or RFK for both Skins and Nats. It does suck sometimes because the prices are making it more and more difficult for lifelong fans to attend games.

Strasburg and Ovechkin have been good for the city, but as someone who was at Strasburg's start (thankfully our Nats 21 game plan gave us a chance to attend that game) and plenty of Caps games once the lockout ended, it's easy to see how people can jump on board.
    I was lucky enough to buy tickets to see Strasburgs debut. I wasn't going to allow a bunch of bandwagons to take my seats for that game. I own Redskins season tickets so it's hard to buy anything else. If we didn't have them I'd definitely have a half season plan for the Nationals.

Bought tickets to the rumored game against the Reds, just in case, then I bought tickets immediately to the 8th game against the Pirates once I heard that was the start. Literally 15 minutes after I had bought tickets, they were sold out, it was crazy.

I miss the days of MCI Center when the real fans showed up, even the few games at Capitals Centre I went to. Love being with the real hardcore fans.

vCash
    This is almost too tough to watch. I love my team but it's hard to get any joy right about now.

vCash
    Looks like a night of drinking will happen. Well I've already started anyways...

Thanks Caps. Way to be a horrible #1 seed yet again.

vCash
    Can we please get rid of Boudreau now? What else does he have to do to prove he is not a coach in the NHL? Minor league scrub.

vCash
    ^ You changed your sig fast

vCash
    Yeah season is over, gotta rep the Nats. As soon as football season starts it'll be going to the Redskins.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast