Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

2011 Blackhawks Off-Season Thread

vCash
    hahah don't be so depressed man I feel like the Hawks kind of saved face and still let people know this team isn't going away like some Cup teams do. With our youth and some of our solid vets to help anchor the team we are going to be having some big series in the future.

vCash
    I know. Still disappointing though. We played bad in OT... had the PP opportunity..other than that the Canucks really earned that W. Crawford kept us in it the last 2 games.

vCash
    Heart breaker tonight...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    I am just going to not think about the missed opportunities cause those are the ones that start to eat at me. I will just look at the whole series as one great ride. TBH think about it at down 3-0 I remember saying on here I just wanted to grab at least one game and next thing I know here we were game 7 OT. They played there hearts out and left everything out there.

vCash
    I think Frolik and Campoli stay. Not only were they good stellar in the playoffs, they had fun at it too.

Ben Smith should have an interesting training camp. . .

Can Bickell take another step forward next year? He knows his role now: hit and shoot.

I think with Campoli and Leddy in the fold there's no question about the D, and John Scott can enjoy the popcorn from the press box.

Getting Crow set with a contract is a priority, he was unbelievable tonight.

The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
    I think Frolik and Campoli stay. Not only were they good stellar in the playoffs, they had fun at it too.

Ben Smith should have an interesting training camp. . .

Can Bickell take another step forward next year? He knows his role now: hit and shoot.

I think with Campoli and Leddy in the fold there's no question about the D, and John Scott can enjoy the popcorn from the press box.

Getting Crow set with a contract is a priority, he was unbelievable tonight.
    whats the cap situation looking like?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Red222 View Post
    CapGeek

$4 mil in bonuses to Toews/Kane come off the books. CG says about $8.3 in space available (with Kruger and Smith factored in).

RFA's: Frolik, Brouwer, Stalberg, Dowell, Campoli, and Crawford.

UFA's: Kopecky, Pisani, Johnson, Hendry, and Turco.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Red222 View Post
    capgeeks is projecting about 8.35 million for the Hawks

edit: looks like that is if the cap stays at 59.4, most things I have read say that it will be going up some
    White Sox, Bears, Blackhawks, Spartans
    Go Green! Go White!

If Pro is the opposite of Con, what is the opposite of Progress?

vCash
    Disappointing, but a well fought series. I'm gonna miss watching Hawk playoff hockey. Nothing beats the Stanley Cup playoffs.

It's too much to think about next season right now
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
    CapGeek

$4 mil in bonuses to Toews/Kane come off the books. CG says about $8.3 in space available (with Kruger and Smith factored in).

RFA's: Frolik, Brouwer, Stalberg, Dowell, Campoli, and Crawford.

UFA's: Kopecky, Pisani, Johnson, Hendry, and Turco.
    I think that's with the cap not going up. Cap will definitely go up.

I see most of those RFA's returning, don't know about Dowell though.

For the UFA's - honestly, all of them might not return.

Look, we have a real young team and a real young core. I wouldn't mind seeing us trade away a young guy or two for some real solid veteran with a cheap contract. We really need to get some grit on this team, some grit that can score.

I've suggested this...trade Leddy for a cheap 2nd line center (which I think is one of our top needs). Look, I like Leddy but what does he bring to the table over Keith, Campbell, and Campoli? Having Leddy as a #5/6 guy is a waste in my opinion, and a lot of our Dmen are signed long term. Our #5/6 guy should be someone who is tough as nails and can kill penalties. Leddy would be worth a lot on the trade market.

vCash
    It's not about what Leddy can do next year, it's what he can do when the other guys slow down. If we end up with an absolute surplus (Olsen, Lalonde, plus the 6 we have now), then see what's out there. Otherwise, why mess with a 19 year old that plays poised?

vCash
    Heard the cap is expected to go up 3-4 mil.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I think that's with the cap not going up. Cap will definitely go up.

I see most of those RFA's returning, don't know about Dowell though.

For the UFA's - honestly, all of them might not return.

Look, we have a real young team and a real young core. I wouldn't mind seeing us trade away a young guy or two for some real solid veteran with a cheap contract. We really need to get some grit on this team, some grit that can score.

I've suggested this...trade Leddy for a cheap 2nd line center (which I think is one of our top needs). Look, I like Leddy but what does he bring to the table over Keith, Campbell, and Campoli? Having Leddy as a #5/6 guy is a waste in my opinion, and a lot of our Dmen are signed long term. Our #5/6 guy should be someone who is tough as nails and can kill penalties. Leddy would be worth a lot on the trade market.
    I wouldnt trade Leddy however there may be a log jam on D. The Hawks have a lot of prospects and draft picks they can use for a cheap 2nd line center. Now obviously if there is a trade Bowman cant refuse for Leddy, then you pull the trigger.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    I think Hammer is expendable

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast