Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Ducks Season

vCash

Ducks Season

I know there are not many of you who come to this forum, but I just wanted to start a thread to talk about their season. Overall, they did better than my expectations. I didn't expect the playoffs, so I was very impressed. Other than a healthy hiller, what do you guys think we need to do improve our team next season? I think we need some more defense. With fowler have a good year and sbisa improving, I think we still need more defense. Hopefully selanne will return and then we could 2 good lines again. Anyway feel free to talk about anything, hopefully some of you will see this and respond lol.

vCash
    I figured they'd be a fringe playoff team and I was pretty much right, although I think they can be much better next year.

vCash
    In all honesty, I had them advancing multiple times throughout the playoffs, but when it finally came around, we looked horrible. Blame can't all be on the goal tending, but the Defense really needs help. The fact we were Hiller-less did not help at all. The guy is amazing when he wants to be. I think consistency will be key next year, we have a good group of vets and youngsters, just need to come together. It was very hard to watch us lose in Nashville, I know we are a better team than that. But it didn't look like we wanted it. Sign free agents, build through the draft. I want Jon Cheechoo and Afingenov.
    Representing Dodgers,Steelers,Lakers,Anaheim Ducks,USC Trojans and Barcelona.

vCash
    great season, hopefully we do better next season

vCash
    Yea they played very inconsistent and it was frustrating to watch as a fan. Especially in the playoffs, show up one game and not the next. I truly believe we are better than the preds, but they clearly wanted it more. If we would've had hiller and if he played they he did the first half of the year, we wouldve been dangerous in the playoffs. Hopefully the selanne line will be there next year. We need to sign or trade for other defenders, dont resign sutton or lijia. We fix a couple things, and we will be set for next year.

vCash
    I expected to make the playoffs. Not as a 4 seed, though. A little surprised when that happened, but defense and goaltending let us down. Ray "Sir-Rebounds-A-Lot" Emery did as much as he could do in net, but he just is not very good anymore. There is no shot he can't create a rebound for.

I will pray Teemu comes back. He has to. Paul Kariya is supposed to be playing next year too, so hopefully he still has interest in Anaheim and playing along side Selanne. We need more depth scoring, we can't have the top 2 lines producing everything. As far as coming back, Todd Marchant hopefully comes back as well. He is one player the Ducks need, really bad.

I've also heard that if Hiller does not show any kind of progress, Bryz might be in play for Anaheim as a FA, although I do not think we have that kind of money. If we do have it, it should go towards a defenseman because some of the guys we threw out there made my brain hurt. I think it was Lilja who ran into Emery on the game-winning goal in Nashville. He didn't move his feet and got beat. Beuchemin, Fowler, Sbisa, Lydman, Visnovsky and another top-flight D-man.

That along with Ryan, Perry, Getz, Teemu, Koivu, Kariya.. gah that gets me excited.

But enough speculation and lets see what actually happens.
    "... ever noticed how you come across somebody once in a while that you shouldn't have ****ed with? - that's me."