Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The-rock-man View Post
    Beltran is affordable this year and should be affordable the next two years. Lets face it, he should stay in right field and continue to be healthy with less wear and tear. That said, he really is an attractive addition for most any club.

Did you see that missed catch last night bu Beltran yet had presents of mind to catch it on the rebound.. thought that was pretty cool stuff.
    I would give Beltran 2 years and 25 million if the rest of the team seemed to be moving toward contention and Reyes was def gonna get resigned since those things are not a given I feel more comfortable moving Beltran for a prospect like Brown or even Minor. Beltrans knee injury is permanent and it will shorten his career the question is by how much. When Beltran is healthy he is a top 10 player but when he is injuried he doesnt play at all which may or may not be a knock on his toughness as a player. He may be better suited going to a team that has the option to DH ,that seems to be the best bet for him extending his career and getting the most money.
    K-Rod = Johan 22 wins and World Series number 3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by netsmetsjets88 View Post
    I would give Beltran 2 years and 25 million if the rest of the team seemed to be moving toward contention and Reyes was def gonna get resigned since those things are not a given I feel more comfortable moving Beltran for a prospect like Brown or even Minor. Beltrans knee injury is permanent and it will shorten his career the question is by how much. When Beltran is healthy he is a top 10 player but when he is injuried he doesnt play at all which may or may not be a knock on his toughness as a player. He may be better suited going to a team that has the option to DH ,that seems to be the best bet for him extending his career and getting the most money.
    I'm sorry. 2 years 25 million dollars for Beltran is literally opposite of "spending wisely". If he wants to play for 2 years at 7 mill per year with incentive based option for year 3 at 8-9 million, welcome back, if not. Sorry Carlos. Seriously,
    I know you said if they resigned Reyes, you'd want Carlos back but it still makes little sense sense.

but some people actually want to split hairs over a few million towards Reyes, the young, homegrown, built for the park, face of the franchise, and tell Reyes "it's just too much money", but they turn around and want to bring back Beltran at 10+ per season. Are you guys actually serious.
    The Mets: Continually finding a way to lower a bar already on the ground.

"You either get your #$% kicked or you donít, but get on the mound and throw the baseball"

vCash
    #mets apparently have decided to keep izzy, who's turning back the clock. want him to mentor young parnell
    Jon Heyman
    GO METS!

19 Inning game...and the Pirates get ROBBED! Jerry Meals should get FIRED! And then just work for the Braves. What a shame for baseball.

vCash
    Lets trade Beltran to Boston for Bryce Brentz.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsgiants35 View Post
    I'm sorry. 2 years 25 million dollars for Beltran is literally opposite of "spending wisely". If he wants to play for 2 years at 7 mill per year with incentive based option for year 3 at 8-9 million, welcome back, if not. Sorry Carlos. Seriously,
    I know you said if they resigned Reyes, you'd want Carlos back but it still makes little sense sense.

but some people actually want to split hairs over a few million towards Reyes, the young, homegrown, built for the park, face of the franchise, and tell Reyes "it's just too much money", but they turn around and want to bring back Beltran at 10+ per season. Are you guys actually serious.
    If they resign Reyes and then do nothing else, resigning Reyes maybe sort of a waste. You are paying him for his prime years and these are his prime years so not putting some guys around him would be foolish. You are prob. right about Beltran but you would be only signing him to a two year deal at 25 million because of the risk otherwise his contract would be greater. If the Mets can get Dominick Brown for Beltran I will be as happy as a pig in ****, as should all of you. If the Mets had Wright,Davis and Santana healthy this would be a decent team right now and prob would be better than the Braves if not equal. That is not the case and therefore the Mets should act accordingly considering they may get no picks at all for Beltran. He is an injury prone player who hasnt shown any willingness to play through injury ( at least to an outsider) so signing him for two years prob. would be a waste. I really want Brown lol The Strawberry comparisons make me gitty. I could totally see him being a bust but his upside is scary a 5 tool player

vCash
    Continuation : Resiging Reyes may be an even greater risk and lets not forget that his contract could sink this ship before it even gets back afloat . 25 million for two years wouldnt do that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by netsmetsjets88 View Post
    Continuation : Resiging Reyes may be an even greater risk and lets not forget that his contract could sink this ship before it even gets back afloat . 25 million for two years wouldnt do that
    I'm not suggesting resigning Reyes then standing pat. I'm suggesting resign Reyes, get a prospect for Beltran, get back Wright and Davis, then go for PITCHING PITCHING PITCHING PITCHING. I know that's not as easy as it sounds, but after Reyes, that's what its all about. They have the offense to compete, they have scored more runs than Giants Braves and Phillies. They have to get pitching to compete with them, which in a perfect world would finding someone who could push Santana down to the # 2, Niese #3 Gee 4 Dickey #5.

It's a new game, offense is down, pitching is up. The top three teams in the NL have three guns at the top, Mets need to add someone, from where, I don't know, but either Harvey, a prospect pitcher in a beltran trade, or on the market. Sandy will find a way.
    The Mets: Continually finding a way to lower a bar already on the ground.

"You either get your #$% kicked or you donít, but get on the mound and throw the baseball"

vCash
    Time to close this thread and open individual threads for individual stories regarding the trade deadline.
    Go Grab My Belt

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859