Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Montero or Romine. Preferably In my case, both.
    GO METS!

19 Inning game...and the Pirates get ROBBED! Jerry Meals should get FIRED! And then just work for the Braves. What a shame for baseball.

vCash
    Giants # 6 pick in 2009 : Zach Wheeler

I'd like to get him for Beltran. (plus other spects too.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrdzS...layer_embedded
    GO METS!

19 Inning game...and the Pirates get ROBBED! Jerry Meals should get FIRED! And then just work for the Braves. What a shame for baseball.

vCash
    I wish we could get Wheeler for Beltran. The odds of that happening are real slim though

vCash
    what about Beltran for Eric Surkamp?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYM-RMCF-DM View Post
    Giants # 6 pick in 2009 : Zach Wheeler

I'd like to get him for Beltran. (plus other spects too.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrdzS...layer_embedded
    keep dreaming brother.

Quote Originally Posted by tommygunn09 View Post
    what about Beltran for Eric Surkamp?
    Much more likely to happen i see that as a good possibility

vCash
    Sabean signed Rowand and Zito. Obviously he's very capable of ****ing up royally, let's hope he does it again.
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    vCash
    Not really a trade idea but not worthy of it's own thread, why have there been no rumors about Daniel Murphy? He's not the 1st baseman of the future, he's not the 3rd baseman of the future, and if Reyes stays then Tejada is likely ahead of him at 2B. He is, however, a plus defender at all three of those positions, and can play LF in a pinch. That should make him valuable to NL teams that could use an occasional lefty platoon at those spots, or a defensive replacement.

vCash
    Jetsfan I haven't heard rumors about Murphy...I guess he's our David Murphy?
    Last edited by NYM-RMCF-DM; 07-16-2011 at 04:19 PM.
    GO METS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lincecum=future View Post
    keep dreaming brother.
    Someone said the same thing to me about Cliff Lee.

He is the best offensive player at this deadline, and it's not even close.
    He has an ops of .893 and that's playing in Citifield.

And trust me, if the Giants don't want to pony up, someone else will.

It's a seller's market, and I would hate for your team not to advance far in the playoffs because they were to afraid to trade for a player that would impact their offense immediately because they felt the trade's cost was to steep.

It's not a fair trade unless both teams feel the pain.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post

It's a seller's market, and I would hate for your team not to advance far in the playoffs because they were to afraid to trade for a player that would impact their offense immediately because they felt the trade's cost was to steep.

16th best wRC+ in baseball, right behind Kevin Youkilis and ahead of the likes of Brian McCann, Hunter Pence, Albert Pujols, Justin Upton, Alex Rodriguez, Mark Teixeira, Carlos Quentin, and Robinson Cano.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post

Cliff Lee is way better than Beltran.

Theres so many more factors than him just being the best available player. He's older, expensive rental player, injury prone, and we will not receive any draft picks as compensation if he leaves after the season. That does not equal our top prospect or merit anyone elses.

vCash

Theres so many more factors than him just being the best available player. He's older, expensive rental player, injury prone, and we will not receive any draft picks as compensation if he leaves after the season. That does not equal our top prospect or merit anyone elses.
    And Justin Smoak/Jesus Montero are way better prospects than Zach Wheeler.

vCash

I'm not sure anyone thinks Beltrans will net a team's #1 prospect, but I think it is reasonable to believe he will bring back 2 players, one in a team's top 5 and one in a team's top 10 to 20 -- something like that anyway.

If the Giants don't want to pay that -- someone else will. Every team will have to weigh the risk/reward of adding Beltran to their lineup. To some he will be worth more than others...and I'm thinking the Giants could be in that category -- but who knows?
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    i think a sizemore and fausto for beltran and 2 million cash makes some sense because fausto and sizemore are both younger players on club options that ny can pick up if they like... plus fausto would be a much better in NL where there is no dh and could possibly regain his 19 win season form...

vCash
    Give me Masterson.
    GO METS!

Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast