Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    But with all seriousness, he could easily be a bust, but sometimes players are able to make adjustments. They say Bautista has changed his entire batting style, as he holds his hands higher and is able to generate more power.

He's showing people that last year wasn't a fluke, as he's hitting .356/.515/.767 right now with 8 HR's, 24 BB's, and 16 K's LOL

Reyes
    Murphy
    Wright
    Bautista
    Ike
    Bay
    Pagan
    Thole

World series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    We should look into signing Jose Bautista after this season, he's a monster. I'd give him a Werth-like deal, and he's good because he can play 3B and RF... We need someone to replace Beltran, and I don't think the Captain is that guy.
    So in the offseason you want to sign a 30 year old player to a 7 year contract?

vCash
    I really don't understand how we could sign him in the offseason when he signed a 5-year deal with the Blue Jays last year.
    Props to MetsLegacy

vCash
    And for the record, his swing is awesomely violent. I remember last year when Ivan Nova threw near his head. He later hit another HR after that and it was one of the best "pissed off" swings I've ever seen.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=11294279
    Props to MetsLegacy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ritz View Post
    I really don't understand how we could sign him in the offseason when he signed a 5-year deal with the Blue Jays last year.
    I should have checked his contract status before posting. Of course I would be against getting him anyway.

vCash
    As would I
    Props to MetsLegacy

vCash
    Oh I was just going by MLBTradeRumors, it still says he's a free agent. So never mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Oh I was just going by MLBTradeRumors, it still says he's a free agent. So never mind.
    If your source is wrong it really is not your fault that you have bad information. I was not aware he signed either.

vCash
    Adam Wainright's options for 2012 and 2013 are negated due to ending the season on the DL. Would love him here, he's the type of pitcher I'd spend money on.

vCash
    it's tough for me to envision the mets without reyes or wright but i'm begging to realize one of them will most likely be gone by next year. with that said, i've been leaning more towards trading wright than reyes, i say this because i think wright could bring back more in a trade. the mets could move muprh to 3rd where he looks more comfortable and ask for a second basemen and a at least one blue chip pitching prospect in return.....honestly i love wright and reyes but i don't think we can get anything near what jose is worth to the mets in return in a trade, but with wright i think we could get a nice package.....without doing research, just off the top of my head how about figgins and pineda for wright?
    Who knew kool aid made condoms?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heysuckit View Post
    it's tough for me to envision the mets without reyes or wright but i'm begging to realize one of them will most likely be gone by next year. with that said, i've been leaning more towards trading wright than reyes, i say this because i think wright could bring back more in a trade. the mets could move muprh to 3rd where he looks more comfortable and ask for a second basemen and a at least one blue chip pitching prospect in return.....honestly i love wright and reyes but i don't think we can get anything near what jose is worth to the mets in return in a trade, but with wright i think we could get a nice package.....without doing research, just off the top of my head how about figgins and pineda for wright?
    I don't see the Mets moving Wright. If they do, I suspect it won't happen until an heir apparent is identified. Perhaps Lutz or (dare I say it?) Flores. I really don't see them messing with Murphy any more since he seems to be settling in at 2B.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    I don't see the Mets moving Wright. If they do, I suspect it won't happen until an heir apparent is identified. Perhaps Lutz or (dare I say it?) Flores. I really don't see them messing with Murphy any more since he seems to be settling in at 2B.
    The name you are looking for is Mr. Marte.

Here is the thing, between this year and the next, the Mets will a bunch of talent that has to be on their 40. If the Mets are willing to part with some of their talent then they could net a pretty good player(s).

It's one of the reasons why Sandy will be slow to move talent up quickly, He wants some of these guys to increase their value.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    So anyone see us getting another lefty for the pen? You gotta think Thole or Murph are our prime candidates if we go that route. We have to be contending for at least a WC though and it wouldn't happen until the break.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heysuckit View Post
    I would have to say that is the WORST trade I have heard of. Figgins has been a disaster and he is not that young. Pineda has to prove a lot more before he would be considered. Right now Pineda gets them Beltran and nothing more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    So anyone see us getting another lefty for the pen? You gotta think Thole or Murph are our prime candidates if we go that route. We have to be contending for at least a WC though and it wouldn't happen until the break.
    You want to trade a starting fielder for a lefty out of the pen?

Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast