Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cambovenzi View Post
    This is assuming the mets played great defense behind him and he was as lucky as he was. He had a 4.40 FIP and a 4.89 xFIP which is not very good.
    For all we know a pitching coach in KC, the ALs unfamiliarity with him and luck were big reasons why his ERA was so low that year.
    The NL had no familiarity with him either. He had only been in 8 games for the Mets. The problem with a Bannister is he needs good defense to be effective. Guys who do not avoid bats need solid play behind them.

His numbers for KC that year would have helped the Mets, of course he would have needed the same numbers here for that to happen.

Edit: My mistake is saying he definately would have helped was my ASSuming his numbers would be the same.
    Last edited by GoNyMetsGo; 04-25-2011 at 08:04 PM.

vCash
    Lets trade for Phil Humber, he is no hitting the Yankees through 5 innings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Lets trade for Phil Humber, he is no hitting the Yankees through 5 innings.
    I was waiting for someone to post this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    You can't knock Omar for getting Burgos, the kid had terrific stuff from the pen.
    LOL!!!!!!

Yes I can.

And I have.

But I'm moving on.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Bannister was a nothing. AAAA starter at best.

Burgos at least had potential, 100 mph fastball and another pitch. He MIGHT have developed into something.

Of course, it turned out he was criminally insane, but whaddyagonnado? He may have turned into a lights out reliever, you never know.

The point is that I personally would trade a mediocrity (or worse) for someone with actual talent every single day. You may miss once in a while, but if you hit, you are WAY ahead of the game.

Does anyone really feel that Bannister's career 5.08 ERA/1.42 WHIP are anything worth lamenting? Because I sure don't.

I do lament, however, that Burgos pissed away talent that could have been special.

vCash
    What bothered me most about the Burgos/Bannister trade...was that it was a starter for a one pitch reliever.

While Bannister may not have been anything special, he was servicable and pretty effective.

Burgos had a high ceiling and electric arm. He also had a tin can head and was undeveloped/raw.

Unless it is a slam dunk reliever (oxymoron usually)....I hate trading starting pitching for a reliever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticmike80 View Post
    What bothered me most about the Burgos/Bannister trade...was that it was a starter for a one pitch reliever.

While Bannister may not have been anything special, he was servicable and pretty effective.

Burgos had a high ceiling and electric arm. He also had a tin can head and was undeveloped/raw.

Unless it is a slam dunk reliever (oxymoron usually)....I hate trading starting pitching for a reliever.
    I swore I wasn't going to get into this for the 99th time.

The team/organization had a strong bullpen. We were short on starting pitching. And there was nothing Burgos could do that Matt Lindstrom couldn't.

So we didn't need to trade Bannister for Burgos.

We didn't need to trade Heath Bell for Jay Atkins.

And we didn't need to trade Lindstrom for Vargas.

In fact, all Omar had to do was chill. Instead, he dealt the organization into oblivion. These deals were directly responsible for the 07 and 08 collapses.

There. I did it. Let the games begin.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Lets trade Wright and Reyes cause they suck

vCash
    Rotoworld-

Latest Brian Bannister News
    Brian Bannister has quit the Yomiuri Giants.
    Bannister left Japan without permission after the March earthquake and did not return, so the Giants finally cut ties with him this week. He inked a healthy one-year, $1.8 million contract with the team this winter. The 30-year-old has no immediate plans to continue his pitching career and may hang up his cleats for good. Apr 26, 9:23 AM

Sad, didnt think he was that bad he was also a really nice guy from what I remember in mets ST a few years back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    Rotoworld-

Latest Brian Bannister News

Sad, didnt think he was that bad he was also a really nice guy from what I remember in mets ST a few years back.
    He should toss his glove into the Met mix and give it a shot. Whats the worst that happens?

vCash
    Bannister is trash.
    Glad hes not around. dont want him back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Lets trade Wright and Reyes cause they suck
    Can we trade Zmaster52 for Zmaster53?

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    We should look into signing Jose Bautista after this season, he's a monster. I'd give him a Werth-like deal, and he's good because he can play 3B and RF... We need someone to replace Beltran, and I don't think the Captain is that guy.

vCash
    LOL, wat?
    Props to MetsLegacy

vCash
    I hope Omar signs him, oh wait.

7000th post... Sweet. Just realized.

Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast