Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ^I think IF Gee faulters, we put him in the pen and give Mejia a shot next time we need a starter. Thats my plan. If not, I think trading for a veteran proven consistent middle relief pitcher would be a valuable acquisition for this team, as well as another bench hitter, Hu and Hairston=balls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    and really guys. You guys are acting liek Ervin Snatana is some kindve ace. Well he's not n ace, let alone a good pitcher at all! He's been purely overadvertized and overrated crapo his entire career. He's not improved the slightest bit sinc ehis 3rd year in the league. He's a mediocre pitcher, he's also a strikeout pitcher, so CITI wont help him much at all. He's no metter than Young or Capuano or Niese or Pelfrey or Dickey. yeah Capuano could help our pen but Gee looks liek eh could eb a mainstay now. Useless to acquire a back end of the rotation starter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Chad Qualls is a guy the Mets could target, he is gonna be a free agent, and the Padres are terrible. So we could get him for cheap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Also, replacing a closer isn't as hard as replacing a position player or starter. So technically, we could still be in the race, and we could just trade K-Rod anyway for a good prospect.
    I think replacing a closer is one of the hardest things to do in baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsLegacy View Post
    What about Brian Bannister for Ambiorix Burgos?
    Do we actually miss Bannister? He of the career so good he is now in Japan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olimets02 View Post
    last year was a fluke for wells he has always sucked since he got that huge contract, if i were trading for santana as i said before i would send beltran,lutz and familia to the angels. hey if beltran hits 300/25 hrs/50-60 rbis in june im sure any team contending would want his bat and with a right package anything is possible.
    How is a good season by a multiple time allstar a fluke?

Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    and really guys. You guys are acting liek Ervin Snatana is some kindve ace. Well he's not n ace, let alone a good pitcher at all! He's been purely overadvertized and overrated crapo his entire career. He's not improved the slightest bit sinc ehis 3rd year in the league. He's a mediocre pitcher, he's also a strikeout pitcher, so CITI wont help him much at all. He's no metter than Young or Capuano or Niese or Pelfrey or Dickey. yeah Capuano could help our pen but Gee looks liek eh could eb a mainstay now. Useless to acquire a back end of the rotation starter.
    You say he is a strikeout pitcher like that is a bad thing.
    His career FB% is 43.4% and a career HR/FB% of 9.7%.
    Moving to citi would likely lower that %, which would lower his ERA and FIP.
    The move to the NL would also lower those numbers even further.
    I wouldnt be shocked at all if he was a ~mid 3 ERA pitcher in the NL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cambovenzi View Post
    How is a good season by a multiple time allstar a fluke?

You say he is a strikeout pitcher like that is a bad thing.
    His career FB% is 43.4% and a career HR/FB% of 9.7%.
    Moving to citi would likely lower that %, which would lower his ERA and FIP.
    The move to the NL would also lower those numbers even further.
    I wouldnt be shocked at all if he was a ~mid 3 ERA pitcher in the NL.
    I think calling him a strikeout pitcher is a bit of a stretch. He had one year where he almost had 1 strikeout per inning. No other year was close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoNyMetsGo View Post
    Do we actually miss Bannister? He of the career so good he is now in Japan.
    LOL!!!!! But the fans there all love him long time.
    FELLOW SATINISTS INCLUDE:
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    LOL!!!!! But the fans there all love him long time.
    Granted the guy we got for him, Ambriox Bursomethingorother, was an unmitigated disaster on and off the field.

Bannister was a 5 ERA guy. He might have stayed here and been a solid 5th starter at best.

vCash
    I think calling him a strikeout pitcher is a bit of a stretch. He had one year where he almost had 1 strikeout per inning. No other year was close.
    There arent many starting pitchers who average more than 1 K per inning.
    He is well above average in Ks and k/9.

vCash
    Granted the guy we got for him, Ambriox Bursomethingorother, was an unmitigated disaster on and off the field.

Bannister was a 5 ERA guy. He might have stayed here and been a solid 5th starter at best.
    The thing with Bannister is we could have used him big time in 2007, when he had an ERA of just above 7 pitching as a rookie in he AL.

That he never did anything like that again isn't the point. But if we had him instead of the steady stream of failures we trotted out that year in desparation, we win the division.

Furthermore (and this is where Sick and I butt antlers), "Burgos" was basically the same type of pitcher Matt Lindstrom was. So if Omar made no moves with his pitching staff and kept Bradford, Oliver, Bell, Bannister, and Lindstrom, this team not only wins the division in 07 but probably 08 as well.
    FELLOW SATINISTS INCLUDE:
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cambovenzi View Post
    There arent many starting pitchers who average more than 1 K per inning.
    He is well above average in Ks and k/9.
    He is about what you expect from the middle of a rotation. Certainly no star.

He is about average. His numbera are about average. He has one good year and then usually one bad. That speaks to a lack of consistency.

He does not average more than one K per inning though. He does not average close to one per inning. He had one great year, other than that his best year was a 3.94 ERA and he pitches in the AL West where offense besides Texas is hard to find.

Without his one great year he is almost always over a 4 ERA and over 5 sometimes and he averages less that 7Ks per 9.

Would I trade beltran for him? Absolutely. That based on the fact I see no reason to keep Beltran after this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    The thing with Bannister is we could have used him big time in 2007, when he had an ERA of just above 7 pitching as a rookie in he AL.

That he never did anything like that again isn't the point. But if we had him instead of the steady stream of failures we trotted out that year in desparation, we win the division.

Furthermore (and this is where Sick and I butt antlers), "Burgos" was basically the same type of pitcher Matt Lindstrom was. So if Omar made no moves with his pitching staff and kept Bradford, Oliver, Bell, Bannister, and Lindstrom, this team not only wins the division in 07 but probably 08 as well.
    2007 he had a 3.87 ERA. And yes that would have no doubt made the Mets better that year.

vCash
    You can't knock Omar for getting Burgos, the kid had terrific stuff from the pen.

vCash
    He is about what you expect from the middle of a rotation. Certainly no star.

He is about average. His numbera are about average. He has one good year and then usually one bad. That speaks to a lack of consistency.

He does not average more than one K per inning though. He does not average close to one per inning. He had one great year, other than that his best year was a 3.94 ERA and he pitches in the AL West where offense besides Texas is hard to find.

Without his one great year he is almost always over a 4 ERA and over 5 sometimes and he averages less that 7Ks per 9.

Would I trade beltran for him? Absolutely. That based on the fact I see no reason to keep Beltran after this year.
    There are a total of zero AL pitchers who averaged more than 9 K's/9 over the past 3 years, so that isnt proof he isnt a strikeout pitcher.

Either way its subjective and not really a big point.

2007 he had a 3.87 ERA. And yes that would have no doubt made the Mets better that year.
    This is assuming the mets played great defense behind him and he was as lucky as he was. He had a 4.40 FIP and a 4.89 xFIP which is not very good.
    For all we know a pitching coach in KC, the ALs unfamiliarity with him and luck were big reasons why his ERA was so low that year.
    Last edited by cambovenzi; 04-25-2011 at 08:01 PM.

Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast