Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olimets02 View Post
    trade beltran,lutz and familia to the angels for ervin santana he would be a beast pitching in the nl.
    I dont follow the Angels, but don't see why they would be interested in Beltran with Hunter, Wells, Abreu and Bourjos the CFer.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    That's interesting, but I don't think they'd do it. They want to win now, and losing one of their better pitchers isn't gonna help their case.
    they have weaver and haren.santana wont be missed imo,santana has great stuff if he were to come to our rotation he would be an ace until santana comes back. as for the angels they need a big bat in beltran they get a nice 3b in lutz and a pitching prospect with good stuff. the only problem with santana is the long ball and im sure citi would lower his era and the longball problem.
    Last edited by olimets02; 04-24-2011 at 01:28 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    I dont follow the Angels, but don't see why they would be interested in Beltran with Hunter, Wells, Abreu and Bourjos the CFer.
    beltran can dh and play rf. wells is utter trash im sure beltrans bat would make the angels a great team and santana would be a great addition for us.

vCash
    beltran can dh and play rf. wells is utter trash im sure beltrans bat would make the angels a great team and santana would be a great addition for us.
    Wells posted the 3rd highest OPS of his career last season. Calling him utter trash is a bit premature after just 19 games, plus they are committed to him for 3 years and $60+ million. They're not likely to be looking to push him to the bench. Abreu is already there.

IF the Angels wanted Beltran, they'd offer a minor league prospect and that would be that. There's no incentive for them to deal Santana. They are in a position to win now.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Wells posted the 3rd highest OPS of his career last season. Calling him utter trash is a bit premature after just 19 games, plus they are committed to him for 3 years and $60+ million. They're not likely to be looking to push him to the bench. Abreu is already there.

IF the Angels wanted Beltran, they'd offer a minor league prospect and that would be that. There's no incentive for them to deal Santana. They are in a position to win now.
    last year was a fluke for wells he has always sucked since he got that huge contract, if i were trading for santana as i said before i would send beltran,lutz and familia to the angels. hey if beltran hits 300/25 hrs/50-60 rbis in june im sure any team contending would want his bat and with a right package anything is possible.

vCash
    We should trade Ryan Church for Jeff Francouer, straight up.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Actually, I would also trade Tom Seaver for Pat Zachary, Doug Flynn, Steve Henderson, and Dan Norman. I just don't think the Reds will go for it. That Dan Norman is gong to be a beast.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    last year was a fluke for wells he has always sucked since he got that huge contract, if i were trading for santana as i said before i would send beltran,lutz and familia to the angels. hey if beltran hits 300/25 hrs/50-60 rbis in june im sure any team contending would want his bat and with a right package anything is possible.
    That's nice. I'm sure you would, but the Angels aren't going to agree. If the Angels made a deal for Beltran it would be because they are in the pennant race, and if they are contending, they ain't dealin' Santana.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 04-24-2011 at 05:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Actually, I would also trade Tom Seaver for Pat Zachary, Doug Flynn, Steve Henderson, and Dan Norman. I just don't think the Reds will go for it. That Dan Norman is gong to be a beast.
    What about Brian Bannister for Ambiorix Burgos?

www.DailyStache.net You Gotta Believe
    R.I.P UAPeople

vCash
    We should trade for Ervin Santana. That way we have two Johan Santanas on our team.
    Props to MetsLegacy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ritz View Post
    We should trade for Ervin Santana. That way we have two Johan Santanas on our team.
    And then cousin Carlos could play the National Anthem on his guitar.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Well, Johan does warm-up to Carlos Santana.

I just find it funny when I read some time ago that Ervin Santana's real name is Johan and he changed it because of *the* Johan Santana. Haha
    Props to MetsLegacy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    That's interesting, but I don't think they'd do it. They want to win now, and losing one of their better pitchers isn't gonna help their case.
    The fact that Santana is no better than a #3 or #4 starter and we'd be giving up 2 good prospects and a great hitter aren't enough for the Angels? That trade would be a fail from a mets POV
    Last edited by kmo429; 04-24-2011 at 10:27 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    ^ I agree.

vCash
    I for one am not confident in this bullpen. the Beato and Izzy are pitching lights out as the bridge to K-rod, but I think we can use another dependable pen option for the 6/7th innings.

Anyone know any names that may be available? I'd think we could trade for a decent pen option by only giving up 1/2 low level prospects, prospects like Josh Satin, Kyle Allen come to mind.

Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast