Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Can we still get 1st tier value out of him via trade? Yes
    Thats the smartest thing I ever heard. We really need to trade him soon, before his value slips.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beltran15mets View Post
    ^it seems that me and you are on the same page with our trade ideas
    For sure, because we understand what is needed, and what is important to have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Thats the smartest thing I ever heard. We really need to trade him soon, before his value slips.
    You are talking about Chris Young, right?
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    If you're going to get rid of Reyes and Wright then you have to, IMO, do everything in your power to trade away Beltran, K-Rod, Santana, Bay and any single thing on this team that people want. No point keeping the vets if you're junking the guys in their prime. I think next year it would just be "Ike and some guys." Come to CITI field and see Ike and some guys you've never heard of take on so and so..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    You are talking about Chris Young, right?
    Well him too I guess, but i was talking about Wright. He's on the decline, but people still see him as a 1st tier 3rd baseman even though he's not.

vCash
    i just dont think wright is a 3 hitter. he always did much better hitting in the 5 hole behind beltran and delgado. Since he has moved to the 3 spot he hasnt been the same. Maybe its because the team has had injuries and he hasnt had protection but this year the line up is full and he is off to a slow start so i think it would be in our and his best interest if he were to be traded

vCash
    David Wright was a top 5 3B last year, we have to trade him now because of a ****** april? Geez Cards better get rid of Pujols quick! He's been just as bad as Wright so far.

not many teams have 3B put up anywhere close to Wrights numbers.

He's a streaky hitter, he will bounce back and at the end of the year will put up .290/30HR/100RBI/30 SB's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    David Wright was a top 5 3B last year, we have to trade him now because of a ****** april? Geez Cards better get rid of Pujols quick! He's been just as bad as Wright so far.

not many teams have 3B put up anywhere close to Wrights numbers.

He's a streaky hitter, he will bounce back and at the end of the year will put up .290/30HR/100RBI/30 SB's.
    That's a bold prediction, but you don't know that. Especially the 30 SB, I don't think he'll do that.

The point is not to trade David just for the sake of trading him, the point is getting impact prospects in return that would help the organization in a few years and the long-run.

We can still get Top 5 value for Wright, even though he's on the decline.(Pujols can still been a beast the past two years, Wright has not) His defense is suspect, and the K's are alarming. I'd rather have a young ace and quality position players than David Wright.

vCash
    im ready for all the "trade wright" cries again. if we were to trade him i hope he goes nuts against us to make all you haters choke on your words...itd be a sin to see him in another uniform. hes done alot more for us than you want to believe.
    GOTTA BELIEVE!

ELI MANNING IS ELITE !

Ruben Tejada = The Machine!

vCash
    He can do whatever he likes, all I want is a player that doesn't choke when you need them. We've all seen it.

vCash
    He can do whatever he likes, all I want is a player that doesn't choke when you need them. We've all seen it.
    Oh please, if you blame Wright for the loss today you're in another world. You may think Bay isn't a good player either, but he struck out with the bases loaded. Where's the culpability from the starting pitching? Giving up 4 runs isn't exactly solid play. Also, since when is a team going 1-10 with RISP conducive to a win? Winning and losing is a team wide effort, and Wright has been one of the strongest pieces.

With RISP he's hitting over .295 in his career. This year it's about .240, but once he gets hot he'll be fine. Jason Bay is Jason Bay at this point, but we're not talking about him.

www.AroundCiti.com You Gotta Believe
    R.I.P UAPeople

vCash
    They both are scared hitters, and I don't want that on my team. His career is irrevelavnt to me now, he is sucking right now.... As is Bay. But at least Wright can still hit HR's.

vCash
    Bay shouldn't even be mentioned with Wright - his contract is looking like Oliver Perez Jr.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedBadMan View Post
    Bay shouldn't even be mentioned with Wright - his contract is looking like Oliver Perez Jr.
    When Jason Bay has been in the lineup this year he has produced more wins than Oliver Perez did over his 3 year deal.

www.AroundCiti.com You Gotta Believe
    R.I.P UAPeople

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsLegacy View Post
    When Jason Bay has been in the lineup this year he has produced more wins than Oliver Perez did over his 3 year deal.
    You know what I meant - overpaid, under produces, he sucks.

His mighty ~1 win last year and 0 wins so far this year hardly take him out of the "terrible signings" category. He produced less than part-time, washout Andruw Jones (first player that came to mind who sucks but undoubtedly wasn't getting paid $15 million to do it) did last year, and less than 95% of bench players so far this year.

If he continues down this road, it is another Oliver Perez contract, big money, pathetic results. It's obviously not AS bad as Perez was, but I don't even know if that's possible to do as a full time starter in the OF.

Omar was a terrible GM, and I can't blame Jason Bay for taking the money he was stupid enough to give him, but seriously I see everyone get on Wright's *** for sucking (which he has been) and Jason Bay somehow fail to get recognition despite making more money and sucking 2x as bad while never doing a damn thing for this team.

Page 13 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast