Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    He makes some valid points too. If he undervalues Wright, you overvalue him. He is not as good as Zimmerman or Longoria at this current time.

And his K rate is a problem, it's literally the only thing holding him back from being the player he was 3-4 years ago.

I'm just glad it looks like he's back to 25-30 HRs and that 10 HR year was a fluke. If he was striking out in ~25-30% of his and hitting 10 HR he would be ***ed.

I have hope he can still come back, as it doesn't make sense how you develop worse plate discipline as you enter the prime of your career when you had a significant sample size that he had a good K rate. Especially when there is no way he could have lost something physical like bat speed, reaction time etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedBadMan View Post
    He makes some valid points too. If he undervalues Wright, you overvalue him. He is not as good as Zimmerman or Longoria at this current time.

And his K rate is a problem, it's literally the only thing holding him back from being the player he was 3-4 years ago.

I'm just glad it looks like he's back to 25-30 HRs and that 10 HR year was a fluke. If he was striking out in ~25-30% of his and hitting 10 HR he would be ***ed.

I have hope he can still come back, as it doesn't make sense how you develop worse plate discipline as you enter the prime of your career when you had a significant sample size that he had a good K rate. Especially when there is no way he could have lost something physical like bat speed, reaction time etc.
    Last year and so far this year are being called the start of a possible pitchers era. Pitching is better than it has been in years and runs and HRs are down.

vCash
    ryan doumit is someone the mets should take a look at. with thole struggling he might be useful piece off the bench playing catcher once a week and although ike plays pretty much all the time he could play a little first as well....at this point i think the pirates would pay a good chuck of his salary..he's making 5 million this year with team options for 11 and 12 (7 and 8 million dollar options no one would pick up) i think he'd be a great bench player, and would cost the mets very little to pick up
    Who knew kool aid made condoms?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heysuckit View Post
    ryan doumit is someone the mets should take a look at. with thole struggling he might be useful piece off the bench playing catcher once a week and although ike plays pretty much all the time he could play a little first as well....at this point i think the pirates would pay a good chuck of his salary..he's making 5 million this year with team options for 11 and 12 (7 and 8 million dollar options no one would pick up) i think he'd be a great bench player, and would cost the mets very little to pick up
    Is going to give any more than Paulino for that price increase?

vCash
    i think the pirates would want back a minimal prospect in return, someone like nick evans might get the deal done, which i would do. a bench with doumit would be a pretty good upgrade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoNyMetsGo View Post
    I figured it had to be that. It cant be the fact that you take players with lesser stats and try to elevate them to superstardom while claiming you still love Wright.

You hate Wright, that is clear. The reason why would be interesting to know.
    I only hate bad players. Wright is far from that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heysuckit View Post
    i think the pirates would want back a minimal prospect in return, someone like nick evans might get the deal done, which i would do. a bench with doumit would be a pretty good upgrade.
    Well Sandy needs to do something about the bench. He's has some pop at least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Sports Fan View Post
    That was pretty cute !!!
    I second that motion !!!!

vCash
    I think Beltran will be traded before thge deadline. As Mets fans here lets hope he stays healthy and continues to produce so that we can get something good for him. If possible trade K.Rod too. Maybe even Pagan.
    We would either have to acguire our futer R.F in a trad though because he is not in OUR farm system. Maybe we can trade Dickey. Bye losing Mejia was a big blow. That is why we would need to get some pitching in return for any trades that we make. I think there will be a market for Betran so besides Reyes and Wright I think we will have no problem trading him. Good young Starting Pitching is our most pressing need. That is what we need to get most and formost

vCash
    You can't trade both Wright and Reyes. Its either one or the other, but I think Reyes has more value to other teams. I'm not yet trading Pagan, he's still somewhat cheap and hopefully he is productive again.

I have no problems with trading Beltran or K-Rod, but trading Reyes would still be difficult for me, even though I think its the right decision for the right package. I mean if you are gonna trade this guy, you better get to scouting, and make sure the players you receive are gonna be good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    You can't trade both Wright and Reyes. Its either one or the other, but I think Reyes has more value to other teams. I'm not yet trading Pagan, he's still somewhat cheap and hopefully he is productive again.

I have no problems with trading Beltran or K-Rod, but trading Reyes would still be difficult for me, even though I think its the right decision for the right package. I mean if you are gonna trade this guy, you better get to scouting, and make sure the players you receive are gonna be good.
    this is only true if teams want to sign jose to an extension right away, which i don't see happening. jose and his agent aren't dumb enough to not test the FA market. i keep looking at the carl crawford deal, i think jose can get a deal like that if he keeps playing the way he is now. wright is under contract and isn't being paid an insane amount, so i think his trade value is much higher.

vCash
    Reyes is not getting Carl Crawford money. Carl Crawford shouldn't have even gotten Carl Crawford money. He's been healthy basically every year, while Reyes has not.

I see him getting 6/100 or 7/115, not 7/142, which is ridiculous for anyone who doesn't hit 35+ HR's consistently.

vCash
    Reyes is not getting Carl Crawford money. Carl Crawford shouldn't have even gotten Carl Crawford money. He's been healthy basically every year, while Reyes has not.

I see him getting 6/100 or 7/115, not 7/142, which is ridiculous for anyone who doesn't hit 35+ HR's consistently.
    no one knows what jose is going to get, so i don't think you do either. but look at it logically, jose is a top 5 player at his position. he's on pace to arguably have his best year as a player,and he is under 30. also look at the fact teams like the phillies, yankees, and red sox MIGHT be looking for a SS during the offseason. with all that said you can't say you know he's not getting crawford money. honestly i still think there is a small glimmer of hope jose will sign a 3 year deal for around 45 million with the mets, jose genuinely seems to love the mets organization, i really don't think he wants to go anywhere. sometimes people forget the mets got this dude when he was a 16 and brought him from the slums of the dominican....i remember reading articles in mets magazine about him living in queens with his mom making chicken and rice....as crazy as it sounds i think there is a small chance jose stays with the mets.....(but maybe it's just wishful thinking)

vCash

Oddly enough when asked about the Mets this offseason the name that came up as the most valuable chip they had on the roster was? DAVID WRIGHT. As said by other teams GMs.

That is because GMs have baseball knowledge and know that a gvery good player with a contract is worth more than one who will almost assuredly be a FA.

vCash

That is because Boston understand that Hrs alone are not what makes a player worth 20 million a year.

If HRs made the man why does Adam Dunn not have a 7/140 deal in his pocket?

Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast