Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Love Rondo just like a lot of the posters in this thread. My fav. stat line will be when he puts up 30 assists....and I know he will do it someday. My guess is sometime next season.
    El Presidente

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NetsPaint View Post
    He's a good all around player and a hustler, but I'm still not impressed with his offensive game. Sometimes the lay-ups he gets the opposing team doesn't even defend, for what reason, I don't know. Even with the players around him he shouldn't be getting EASY lay-ups. Yes, he makes difficult lay-ups too, but other times, it's like teams are worried about who he'll pass to it to or forgot it's his shooting that's not good, not his lay-ups.

Not really impressed with the assist numbers. He doesn't make that many great passes, but to his credit he just needs to give the ball to players who can make shots, which his teammates can do, no need to get fancy. One bad thing is he passes up lay-ups sometimes to pass off.

This year in the Playoffs offensively he hasn't impressed me at all really, but last year he really showed he's good player in the post-season. Stepped up and helped carry the team.

So, before somebody says look at his stats and all that, again, I do think he's a good player, but he hasn't shown me he'd be close the player he is on a team such as the Cavaliers.
    Ok first of all have you ever wondered why they worry who he'll pass it to? It's because he has such good vision that they are hesitant to guard him cause he can easily find an open player for a better shot.
    Second he passes up lay ups for better open looks. At 6' 1" a lot of your lay ups are gonna get blocked inside and he knows that so he looks for the best possible shot.
    Third, how can his offensive game not impress you, even for someone who has barely watched him before you'd know he had NO jumpshot and this year, so far, he's developed that a little. pretty soon guards are gonna have to play up on him and it'll all be over from there.

vCash
    2nd best playoff PG of the past few years (CP3 is #1)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    Love Rondo just like a lot of the posters in this thread. My fav. stat line will be when he puts up 30 assists....and I know he will do it someday. My guess is sometime next season.
    I thought he was going to get it against the Knicks in that first meeting
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe Bryant
    "You don't want Rondo? Send him my way," Kobe declared. "I love everything about him. Everything. I love his attitude, I love his chippiness, his edge, his intellect, his know-it-allness. All of it. That's what makes championship players.

vCash
    He is absolutely amazing.

vCash
    44 10 and 8! This guy is amazing.

vCash
    Rondo

vCash
    my favorite point guard, just so friggin clutch.

Lintastic

vCash
    rondo is sooo damn good love this kid

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

What do the Mavs say???

vCash
    I don't know why people don't consider him the best in the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecko72jc View Post
    There was alot of hateful comments made toward Rondo before the playoffs started. I just wanted to remind people how great this alien actually is.
    Hateful? How about the truth?

Rondo is immature and erratic. His triple double games vs not when you look at National TV vs home is a joke. He cruises way too often. Both of his coaches since he was a Freshman in college have called him uncoachable, as has his GM - Ainge.

He's a brutal FT shooter, and a poor shooter out of the lane. He peaked out in 2008-2010 when it looked like he might fashion a HOF career. Since then his stats have fallen off, and his D once very good (w/ too much risk for steals) has become awful as he was getting beaten on routine plays when he was trying this year.

He can't lead the Celts forward because he's not a leader, even though Doc, Ainge, KG, and PP have tried to pass the mantle too him . That's a lack of maturity and personality. He can't lead them on the floor because he has three offensive strengths. Passing (you need someone too finish, say goodbye to the 3 HOF players he's had most of the way), driving (he's doing less and less because of the pounding he takes, because his FT% sucks), and finally rebound (very nice for a PG, but a fraction of what a 5, 4, or most 3's gets). How can a pass first PG work on a team of below average talent, and with his D declining, what else does he have to offer?

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishmin View Post
    Only other player to have 20 assists in a playoff triple double- Magic Johnson.
    So that means he's Magic Johnson now?

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by avrpatsfan View Post
    He just raises his level of play in the playoffs.
    And lets it sink so bad in the regular season that he didn't even get a sniff of being a top 10 PG last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustlenomics View Post
    he's a walking triple double
    And yet he's been in decline since 2008-2010. He doesn't show up for games far more than he shows up for them.

vCash
    delete

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast