Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Highest 3pt% in playoffs?

Googled this but couldn't find it anywhere. Anybody know what the best 3pt% is in post season history? (Talking average, not single series or per game)

vCash
    3-Pt Field Goal Pct >= .520 and 3-Pt Field Goals Per Game >= 1.3 and Games >= 8

^Those are somewhat arbitrary parameters. Minimum of 8 games (so played in at least two playoff series) and minimum of 1.3 3-pointers per game (so they're hitting a significant number of 3s). That turns up this:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...der_by=fg3_pct

Raising those parameters to a higher standard:

requiring 3-Pt Field Goal Pct >= .500 and 3-Pt Field Goals Per Game >= 2 and Games >= 10

Turns up this:

Click "Show/Hide Search Form" to tweak the parameters however you like.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Another way to look at it, all the guys who made 40 or more 3-pointers in one playoff run:

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

On that last one, Ariza and the Jet caught me by surprise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

On that last one, Ariza and the Jet caught me by surprise.
    To me, the most impressive overall is Ray. "Best" is a vague term, but no matter how you break down the specifics (when it comes to 3-point shooting) he does well across the board. After watching him tear up the Nuggets, though, I think Curry should be the real deal and have a chance to match/surpass Allen by and by. But definitely Fish gets props for having what should probably be considered the best single postseason 3-point shooting performance which actually contributed (bigtime) to his team winning the championship.

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    To me, the most impressive overall is Ray. "Best" is a vague term, but no matter how you break down the specifics (when it comes to 3-point shooting) he does well across the board. After watching him tear up the Nuggets, though, I think Curry should be the real deal and have a chance to match/surpass Allen by and by. But definitely Fish gets props for having what should probably be considered the best single postseason 3-point shooting performance which actually contributed (bigtime) to his team winning the championship.
    Hey DenButsu,
    Ya know, speaking of Fish (though going a little off-topic here) wouldn't that be an interesting thread, something like: "Biggest Finals (or entire Playoffs) Performances Ever By Non-Stars"? Has such a thread been done before?