Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 25YrsNcounting View Post
    On one hand I'm on the side of Anonymous here. This all started when Sony released a system update that basically took away "OtherOS". For those who aren't familiar with what exactly that feature was, it basically allowed you to install Linux YellowDog onto your PS3 and use it as a computer as well as a gaming console. What Sony did was wrong. Imagine you bought a Subaru STI and 2 years later Subaru comes to your house and uninstalls the turbo out of it. That's what these people stances are. We bought the PS3 and we own it. We're not renting the console off of Sony.

On the other hand, if they're going to attack Sony than by all means attack them. Don't attack people who are simply in the middle of this **** storm and have nothing to do with any of it nor give a **** about it.

On the other foot, who gives a ****. Go get some fresh air, it'll be back soon enough.
    You know there are rumors that they took away the OtherOs feature was because geohot was trying to use it to jailbreak the ps3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    You know there are rumors that they took away the OtherOs feature was because geohot was trying to use it to jailbreak the ps3
    I'd bet money that's why they did take it away. However, that's Sony's fault not the consumers. I'm one of the people who this outage is affecting and I still don't mind what they did. IMO the attacks were completely warranted barring they didn't do it to steal CC numbers and information.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhaas74 View Post
    Was Sony wrong in taking away OtherOS? Sure, but that affected less than 1% of the people who own a PS3. What Anon did is affecting every single person that owns a PS3.

The really sad thing is that Anon believes they are helping gamers. Since when is taking away online play for extended periods of time helpful to gamers? Just a bunch of terrorists.
    They're inconveniencing gamers but helping consumers. If people didn't take a stand towards Sony it would continue to get worse. Losing OtherOS had no affect on me and I still agree with the attacks.

vCash
    I didn't even know you could turn the PS3 into a computer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fadedmario View Post
    I didn't even know you could turn the PS3 into a computer.
    My buddy sold his computer cuz all he needed was his PS3. The processing power and setup of the ps3 make for some really fun stuff you USED TO BE ABLE to do.

JR Smith and Monta Ellis....these two need to be on the same team!Not serious tho
    Im just a 23 year old college grad looking for a job in the nba

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12