Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

FBI issues 40 arrest warrants for PS3 hackers

We have been bombarded with story after story about anonymous attacking Sony, and gaining as much personal information as they can on people apart of the Sony case, including the judge. This has caused the FBI to start looking into the case, and apparently they have seen enough. The FBI has officially issued 40 arrest warrants for members of Anonymous in American. Not only is the United States taking this case seriously, but the UK as well, who already has some of the members in custody.

Check out this interview with one of the Anonymous members to see what they think of all of this.
    http://www.gamesthirst.com/2011/04/2...ymous-members/

Anon dun goof'd

vCash
    Good.

#PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

vCash
    Article is terribly written and never heard of the blog(someone linked it on another msg board)

So take it for what it's worth.

vCash
    If true, this should make things interesting going forward.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    i think i'm on the side of Anonymous here. Normally I don't like hackerz and modders but those are small time guys who do it to benefit in game and cheat. These guys are just going after the corrupt companies and governments and basically protesting in a different way. Sucks that Sony had to open up a lawsuit against one of them because they brought down a **** storm they cannot handle. If they think arresting 40 is going to stop them it's only going to alert the whole hornets nest and then they'll really be ****ed.

vCash
    Good. Hope they arrest more.

136-206, 66% CMP, 1,517 Yds, 7.36 Avg, 9 TD, 4 INTs, 60.9 QBR, 94.3 RTG

This man is making me question my sexuality

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WIPurplePride View Post
    i think i'm on the side of Anonymous here. Normally I don't like hackerz and modders but those are small time guys who do it to benefit in game and cheat. These guys are just going after the corrupt companies and governments and basically protesting in a different way. Sucks that Sony had to open up a lawsuit against one of them because they brought down a **** storm they cannot handle. If they think arresting 40 is going to stop them it's only going to alert the whole hornets nest and then they'll really be ****ed.
    It's called disruption of commerce. The FBI kind of has to issue the warrants since they are breaking actual laws(serious ones too).

If more do it they'll just arrest more...
    Last edited by 1-800-STFU; 04-23-2011 at 01:20 PM.

vCash
    I dont have a modded 360
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post
    It's called disruption of commerce. The FBI kind of has to issue the warrants since they are breaking actual laws(serious ones too).

If more do it they'll just arrest more...
    Oh I don't feel sorry for them one bit. I hope they do get arrested and totally understand they are breaking laws here that's why you'll never see me doing anything like that but I can support their reasoning. It's B.S. Sony took that guy to court for jailbreaking the PS3.
    Last edited by WIPurplePride; 04-23-2011 at 02:21 PM.

vCash
    On one hand I'm on the side of Anonymous here. This all started when Sony released a system update that basically took away "OtherOS". For those who aren't familiar with what exactly that feature was, it basically allowed you to install Linux YellowDog onto your PS3 and use it as a computer as well as a gaming console. What Sony did was wrong. Imagine you bought a Subaru STI and 2 years later Subaru comes to your house and uninstalls the turbo out of it. That's what these people stances are. We bought the PS3 and we own it. We're not renting the console off of Sony.

On the other hand, if they're going to attack Sony than by all means attack them. Don't attack people who are simply in the middle of this **** storm and have nothing to do with any of it nor give a **** about it.

On the other foot, who gives a ****. Go get some fresh air, it'll be back soon enough.

vCash
    Sony has no right to alter a PS3 once they sell it. What they did was outright wrong and this is fully justified.

vCash
    Was Sony wrong in taking away OtherOS? Sure, but that affected less than 1% of the people who own a PS3. What Anon did is affecting every single person that owns a PS3.

The really sad thing is that Anon believes they are helping gamers. Since when is taking away online play for extended periods of time helpful to gamers? Just a bunch of terrorists.

vCash
    If losing online play for the amount of time its been down is affecting you that badly, maybe the gamer needs to step back from a possible addiction.

What kind of precedent does this set if the sony side "wins". These people bought and paid for something that came with certain ability called OtherOS. Why are they allowed to "take it away" without any refund? The STI example is perfect. Someone paid extra for a car with a turbo, then the company came back and took the turbo without any refund.
    Could i purchase a phone for a premium with gps software on it and then have that software deleted in an update without a refund? That surely isn't legal!

JR Smith and Monta Ellis....these two need to be on the same team!Not serious tho
    Im just a 23 year old college grad looking for a job in the nba

vCash
    I think it's funny

vCash
    Im glad this happen now I can focus more on singleplayer.

Introducing the Eagles O-Line

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast