Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cb429 View Post
    i'm pretty sure you don't need to pay you can prob find a torrent for those programs anyways... one of my friends on psd did it recently so i can ask him for the link if you want...
    This is what I had to end up doing, thanks for the suggestion.

I guess I shouldnt blame just Apple for the difficulty in transferring ipod to computer, the RIAA probably deserves a lot of the blame.
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiSox219 View Post
    This is what I had to end up doing, thanks for the suggestion.

I guess I shouldnt blame just Apple for the difficulty in transferring ipod to computer, the RIAA probably deserves a lot of the blame.
    No problem. Glad i could help. Also i'm not a 100% sure but maybe if the you're using a new computer than the one originally synced with ipod, then maybe your itunes account is different and it is not authorized to transfer the songs. Maybe that could have been the problem. Just kinda thought of it now.

Quote Originally Posted by DodgerBulls View Post
    Sure you don't need to pay, but isn't it a bit ridiculous if you have to do torrents just to transfer file from an Ipod which is also a *ahem ahem* portable hd?

Think about this, not everybody knows about torrents. If you are basic user and does not know third party softwares around the world of the internet, isn't it kinda ridiculous? I hope you are not taking torrents for granted though.

It is like saying you bought a new tv with a remote, only to find out that you need a receiver to get the remote to work.
    There's a lot of things like that. I mean why can''t we get microsoft office for free then? Everything costs money in this day and age to do. I know not everyone knows about torrents but then their needs are probably not ones that require torrents. Most people need a computer for microsoft word and streaming the net. That's fine and they should buy a windows. However if your experience is not so limited, you should definitely look into buying a mac. Trust me, i was so anti-microsoft before i bought my mac. I told so many ppl the same things you guys did. But then i actually used one and really guys its amazing. I didn't buy a car in order to save up for my imac. That's how impressed i was by it. And to this day, i absolutely do not regret my decision. And the thing is, i don't even design anything or edit videos or anything that extreme. The mac just makes your everyday computer use fun. Everything from writing essays to watching youtube clips is extremely easier and better than on a windows.

Also, I never take torrents for granted. I really appreciate the uploaders and seed even though it costs me a good amount of money to do so.

vCash
    I have a iPod Video 30gb and would like to transfer the files I have to my new laptop. Not happening.

I have an iPhone 4 and boy do I regret getting that piece of ****. Not only is it incredibly insecure but its a ***** to deal with file transfer and like the iPod, good luck getting it to transfer files to your computer.

So, I will stick with MSFT and Google and spread my experience as far as can.

I shouldve gotten a droid.
    For your iPhone, download the dropbox app. It makes it very simple to transfer stuff from your computer to your phone.

vCash
    the only real problem I've ever had with Apple is the CD drive on our iMac. Other than that all of our Apple products work just fine (iPod Touch, iPhone, iMac, MacBook Pro, iPad, older iPods).

vCash
    Dude you can't transfer stuff from Ipods .... common infuriating knowledge.

vCash
    Yes you can. Have you tried iRip?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarniifeX View Post
    Yes you can. Have you tried iRip?
    Lol sounds like a fart generator.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    Dude you can't transfer stuff from Ipods .... common infuriating knowledge.
    It use to be extremely easy, but they changed it so its a whole lot tougher.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    On an older ipod, if you set the itunes to not auto start when you plug in your ipod, then switch it to hard disk mode, then unhide all files and folders you CAN get your music off it.

Problem is the filetype is only readable in itune or an ipod. And you will not recognize the file names. They are named something like a0001, a0002 and so on.

My laptop crashed and I did this to get all my music, but it was a pain and extremely disorganized since these files were in a million different folders. It also forced me to stay with apple since all my music can only be read by their devices. Said **** it and torrented everything over again.

It's my god damn music to begin with going though such a headache to get it is ridiculous. Why I avoid ipods, and apple products in general to this day.
    Last edited by 1-800-STFU; 04-24-2011 at 02:00 AM.

vCash
    I have a iPod Video 30gb and would like to transfer the files I have to my new laptop. Not happening.

I have an iPhone 4 and boy do I regret getting that piece of ****. Not only is it incredibly insecure but its a ***** to deal with file transfer and like the iPod, good luck getting it to transfer files to your computer.

That's pretty easy to do.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Any serious music collector would have their music backed up on their home computer and an external hard drive. If you care so much about your "god damn music", how about protecting it properly?

As myself (and others) have said, even if you get in a predicament where the only spot your music collection can be recovered from is an iPod/iPhone there are plenty of reasonable ways to do so with ALL the information (track name, artist name, playlist info, album artwork, etc.) transferred to your new location properly. It's really as easy as: set it up, walk away, and let the program do it's work.

If someone broke in to your house and stole all your physical CD's would you be blaming record companies for making CD's so thin, portable, and easy to steal? 'Cause that makes about as much sense as blaming Apple for you losing your music collection; most computers crash at some point, you should have been aware and prepared for this (and even if you weren't there was still much better options for recovering your music off your iPod than the one you ended up deciding on).

Or is spending $20 just WAY too much of a hardship to recover all the music you've worked so hard to steal over the years?
    Didn't have a home computer or external at the time, was living at college. Never said I was a serious music collector in the first place, because I'm not.

Yes it is too much of a hardship. Anyways programs like that shouldn't be necessary in the first place. Considering I can just use my psp and keep all the files in normal format.

I hate apple products in general, overpriced trendy nonsense. Only ipod I got was a refribed one for about 70$ and once this happened I just switched to a psp.

I never really said I blamed apple for losing my music either. It's my laptop's fault the hard drive crashed after 5 months. It's just stupid they change the format to something only apple products can read, and they do that for obvious reasons.

Keep up the ad hominems if you want though.
    Last edited by 1-800-STFU; 04-24-2011 at 03:12 AM.

vCash
    Stuff on an iPod isn't in a format that only Apple products can read, guy. Keep up the misinformation though.
    Example? Music purchased on itunes wont work on any other online music player(that I've tried), and any music put onto an ipod gets changed to that same format.

Maybe they changed it then. Because when I got the stuff off my ipod it sure as hell didn't work on anything else. It was impossible to tell what was what as well with the file names and everything being changed.

I wouldn't know if it changed because I sure as hell dont keep up with apple stuff.
    Last edited by 1-800-STFU; 04-25-2011 at 01:01 AM.

vCash

i didn't go through and read the rest of the post, but if this is a classic(it sounds like it is), and you're running windows its pretty easy to get the files off the ipod

the easy solution is here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtRFsX6FBVo
    (note i did not watch the whole video, but i watched to the point where a key step is mentioned)

vCash
    You may be correct with the stuff bought from iTunes (I pretty much NEVER buy stuff off iTunes though so not sure); though not everything bought from the iTunes store has DRM at this point, so it wouldn't be true across the board.

However, you are definitely wrong with your statement that "any music put onto an ipod gets changed to that same format". You can choose multiple formats for your music files (I prefer AAC over mp3 or FLAC) that would work on just about any computer or portable music player.

Your problem with the file names being changed was because you used a crappy application to export the music from your iPod back to your computer. I had to do about the same thing after accidentally erasing everything from my home computer, and it all was labeled perfectly (even the playlist info) once I found the proper application.
    Fair enough.

I didn't even use a application to get them off my ipod really. Just went straight into the folders and pulled them out.

Looks like that was my fault then.

vCash
    i bought an ipod touch

now nothing...and i mean nothing will work on it unless i pay money to get it updated

i can't download apps, podcasts, nothing

this thing is garbage. Thank god this garbage device started acting up cuz i was about to go buy an iphone! Ha, ya right! Now its only droid for me

JR Smith and Monta Ellis....these two need to be on the same team!Not serious tho
    Im just a 23 year old college grad looking for a job in the nba

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast