Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Apple Can Go To Hell

I have a iPod Video 30gb and would like to transfer the files I have to my new laptop. Not happening.

I have an iPhone 4 and boy do I regret getting that piece of ****. Not only is it incredibly insecure but its a ***** to deal with file transfer and like the iPod, good luck getting it to transfer files to your computer.

So, I will stick with MSFT and Google and spread my experience as far as can.

I shouldve gotten a droid.
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

vCash
    Good to know.
    I have 2 ipod shuffles, 1 ipod nano (1st edition), one ipod touch (first edition), one ipad (1st edition), the new imac and all work fine. I hope you reconsider cause really apple is way better than microsoft. Why couldn't you transfer the files though? Did you download the software to transfer?

vCash
    I bought an 8 GB Sony MP3 for like 50 bucks instead of paying 100+ for some stupid nano.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cb429 View Post
    Good to know.
    I have 2 ipod shuffles, 1 ipod nano (1st edition), one ipod touch (first edition), one ipad (1st edition), the new imac and all work fine. I hope you reconsider cause really apple is way better than microsoft. Why couldn't you transfer the files though? Did you download the software to transfer?
    I have a 40gb early generation (which of course doesn't work), 30gb video, 1 gb first gen shuffle, 1 gb second gen shuffle, 8 gb iPhone 4. I feel stupid for continuing to go with the same brand but that's what was recommended. I think its ridiculous their own software will not support a basic function.

So rather than spend the money on a third party program that will transfer the files, I will get some one to take my old HDD and transfer all of those files for the same price as just the songs from an ipod.
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

vCash
    I seem to have problem getting a steady connection between any HP's and apple devices(Iphone and Ipod). Those are the only apple products I have since I can build a PC with better specs than a Mac and be significantly cheaper

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    I seem to have problem getting a steady connection between any HP's and apple devices(Iphone and Ipod). Those are the only apple products I have since I can build a PC with better specs than a Mac and be significantly cheaper
    Yup thats a big problem, why should I spend twice as much money to get a computer that performs half as well? Their mobile devices arent bad, just the integration processes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiSox219 View Post
    I have a 40gb early generation (which of course doesn't work), 30gb video, 1 gb first gen shuffle, 1 gb second gen shuffle, 8 gb iPhone 4. I feel stupid for continuing to go with the same brand but that's what was recommended. I think its ridiculous their own software will not support a basic function.

So rather than spend the money on a third party program that will transfer the files, I will get some one to take my old HDD and transfer all of those files for the same price as just the songs from an ipod.
    i'm pretty sure you don't need to pay you can prob find a torrent for those programs anyways... one of my friends on psd did it recently so i can ask him for the link if you want...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiSox219 View Post
    Yup thats a big problem, why should I spend twice as much money to get a computer that performs half as well? Their mobile devices arent bad, just the integration processes.
    I have a few friends who are very important web-site designers for university faculties etc... they all use macs and in fact they persuaded me to buy the mac... Sure its expensive but its damn sure worth it.

vCash

I've never had a problem with either of my iPods. Like everyone said though, even if I did prefer Mac it is not worth the money I don't have. I've seen friends drop nearly 2K on a laptop about equivalent to my $800 Dell. Contrary to popular belief my Dell has crashed/broken just as many times as their Mac because I'm not an idiot like most people when it comes to taking care of computers.

vCash
    Yep.

Why I buy 0 apple products.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar View Post

I've never had a problem with either of my iPods. Like everyone said though, even if I did prefer Mac it is not worth the money I don't have. I've seen friends drop nearly 2K on a laptop about equivalent to my $800 Dell. Contrary to popular belief my Dell has crashed/broken just as many times as their Mac because I'm not an idiot like most people when it comes to taking care of computers.
    Same here. Except mine was $600, and it's 3 1/2 years old. Had to take it to the tech guys for the first time last month. I was so sad without it.

But seriously, It's a ***** to transfer files from one computer to another using an Ipod.

Easiest solution?
    Set up your library on a portable hard drive.

vCash
    Woo Apple!!!

vCash
    I have a 15" MacBook Pro, 3Gs iPhone, iPod touch 2nd gen, iPod nano, and an iPad 2 (32 - 3g)

Have never had a major problem with any of them, and when I have had a minor problem, my local apple store has taken care of it EASILY. Great customer service so far for me.

vCash
    LOL.

Seriously though, I have never tried biting the apple, you know how it goes, once you bite, you'll keep on biting. I did had apple products though, just never bough it. I had a few hand me down ipods and some as gifts. Apple isn't that bad at all, but the simple functions that keeps the consumer to do is very irritating, such as file transfers.

It is very true though that more and more ITs are going mac because of OSX basically. Don't get me wrong, I love my Windows, but I can see why OSX is taking over especially for designers/developers. The thing is, OSX is so damn simple for developers because it is so user friendly, offering so much softwares useful on that field. Also, it is an open source so BIG THUMBS UP if you understand what i'm trying to say. For those who reasons why Mac is better than PC because Mac does not get viruses/malwares, they are complete idiots and doesn't know what hell they are talking about. I'll give Mac another 6-10 years for that, but after that, you'll see the malwares more and more affecting Macs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cb429 View Post
    i'm pretty sure you don't need to pay you can prob find a torrent for those programs anyways... one of my friends on psd did it recently so i can ask him for the link if you want...
    Sure you don't need to pay, but isn't it a bit ridiculous if you have to do torrents just to transfer file from an Ipod which is also a *ahem ahem* portable hd?

Think about this, not everybody knows about torrents. If you are basic user and does not know third party softwares around the world of the internet, isn't it kinda ridiculous? I hope you are not taking torrents for granted though.

It is like saying you bought a new tv with a remote, only to find out that you need a receiver to get the remote to work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast