Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Black Screen of Death in Windows

Anyone else ever get this? Apparently, it happens in all the recent versions of Windows.. XP, Vista, and 7.. but I've never seen it before until it randomly showed up in my Windows 7.

Basically, your computer will boot like normal, until you get to the desktop/login screen, and then all you have is a black screen with the mouse pointer, which you can move around, and that's it. People that don't have different user accounts to log into, and just go straight to their desktop, can even hear things opening up in the background, but they can't interact with them or see them. It's completely bizarre, and unlike the BSOD which leaves behind a record of the problem, there is none with this. It's almost like Windows doesn't know anything is wrong.

Problem is, there are about forty different solutions for it on-line, and when you can't even see your desktop in Safe Mode, they're all rather hard to try.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Windows 7 recently told me I had a non-genuine version of Windows (which I don't but I can't find a solution) and now my background is always black (even after I try and change it). Now I'm scared shitless
    Last edited by matthewredskin3; 04-21-2011 at 11:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewredskin3 View Post
    At this point, Cousins gives us the best opportunity to win.
    30 minutes before RG3 goes down

Let's just keep RG3 in the game. Can't move and risking furthur injury. Great call.
    One play before RG3 goes down

vCash
    I had the exact same thing happen before this all started.

I'd go grab the malware scanner from www.malwarebytes.com real quick and run that before things get any worse. I'm running it now on my computer, and it's already found a few things. Hopefully one of them is whatever is causing this problem.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    I had the exact same thing happen before this all started.

I'd go grab the malware scanner from www.malwarebytes.com real quick and run that before things get any worse. I'm running it now on my computer, and it's already found a few things. Hopefully one of them is whatever is causing this problem.
    Well I just shat myself. I looked up the problem and it seemed pretty common. Then again, a similar problem happened on my old laptop before it bricked.

Wait, did a window come up saying "You may be a a victim of a counterfeited product"?
    Last edited by matthewredskin3; 04-21-2011 at 11:05 PM.

Let's just keep RG3 in the game. Can't move and risking furthur injury. Great call.

vCash
    Yup.

Couple days later, this Black Screen of Death crap started.

I'm running the Kapersky Recovery Disk right now, which can scan the disk without booting into Windows, so hopefully that will fix it. If not, I guess it's on to one of the four hundred other potential solutions out there.
    Visit my Blog.

vCash
    Malware found 4 threats but none of them were connected to the problem.

vCash
    windows is GARBAGE

vCash
    I don't think it's a virus or malware. Happens to me too, if you wait long enough Windows eventually loads.

vCash
    Sorry, i couldnt hear you over the sound of my Mac being so awesome.

http://blogs.computerworld.com/15170...ows_xp_vista_7

If you have these symptoms you can safely try our free Black Screen Fix. It will fix the most common cause we have seen of this issue. Running the fix program is easy under normal circumstances, simply download with your browser using the link above and run the program. However, if you are trying to do this from the PC which has the black screen it is a bit more tricky.
    If your black screen woes began in the last 2 weeks after a Windows update or after running any security program (including Prevx) to remove malware during this time then this fix will have a high probability of working. ... The cause ... appears to be a change in the Windows Operating Systems lock down of registry keys. This change has the effect of invalidating several key registry entries if they are updated. ... The rule change does not appear to have been publicised adequately.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    I assume it is in a laptop?

Its ur hard drive. Run a diagnostics

vCash
    Just wait for the Apple lovers to come and talk about how they think their overpriced products are awesome

vCash
    and this is why....

mac>>>>>>>pc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Just wait for the Apple lovers to come and talk about how they think their overpriced products are awesome
    You can say that, but we never ever have to deal with this stuff. So i consider it a win. Maybe your computer is under priced and under performs.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    PC > Mac always and forever
    Want me to make you a painting similar to this vvvvvv?? Message me and we can work something out

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    The Lions defense is better than SF...run, pass, whatever...they are badder and better... Cook the stats however you want to say SF is better at stopping the run or whatever but the Lions defense is better at winning games.
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Oh I'm sorry I didn't bring the real facts you are looking for.
    Here it is:
    5-0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    You can say that, but we never ever have to deal with this stuff. So i consider it a win. Maybe your computer is under priced and under performs.
    No my computer is 7 year old Dell and still works really well. I never said Macs weren't any good just overpriced. If they would just make the prices lower it would do good

Quote Originally Posted by SFGiants4life View Post
    PC > Mac always and forever
    This

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast